Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Yoda

English & European
Things are moving pretty fast now under Boris the " million to one chance of leaving without a deal " has become " touch and go " .... Obviously it's all the EU's fault.

Sadly, I fear we may have to suffer a bad car crash exit and when the full disaster is realised we throw ourselves on the mercy of our ex partners and try to rejoin.

The only trouble we will have with that is we will lose all our op-outs. eg: Eurozone, Shangan, etc. If it were to happen, just watch the brexiteers go ape at those prospects.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Indeed plus of course the more accurate comparison for remoaners pov would be a 5th column doing the bidding of a foreign power.

To link Remainers with fifth columnists is quite frankly desperate. Westdean Seagull, and you, know that no one was comparing Brexit to Nazis - the nearest I can think of anyone doing that was when Johnson compared the EU with the Third Reich. What a card he is!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm slightly confused as to why (after 3200 posts on this thread alone) it's only very recently that some people are appalled and outraged by Ppf being allowed to post on NSC. What changed :shrug:

Not true, I’ve been bringing the subject up since before his username was changed . I think you’ll find that’s why his username was changed, other posters raising the subject. I’ve brought up his use of DR ever since, as have others.
What’s your excuse for ignoring it?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Not true, I’ve been bringing the subject up since before his username was changed . I think you’ll find that’s why his username was changed, other posters raising the subject. I’ve brought up his use of DR ever since, as have others.
What’s your excuse for ignoring it?

That's actually a really good point, I think we all know that Ppf has got skin as thick as the U-boat pens on the west coast of France, but if someone 'on the same side' such as JCFG said - as one patriot to another - that his sign-off is out of order it might be harder for Ppf (and, who knows, the Mods?) to dismiss it as simply tribal. So as one patriot to another - and in the name of British common decency - surely we can look forward to a 'quiet word' to occur?

Some things transcend scoring points, and this is one of them. And our pretty pink presence is rather lettiing his side down and facilitating the Remainers' negative view of Leavers prevails.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
So leavers need to be reaching out to remainers rather than the other way round ? Maybe if remainers stopped trying to stop Brexit then it might happen ..... until then, no chance.

Read the post more carefully and you will see that is Johnston and his supporters inferring that - not me....

Maybe if you show the way by resisting your tendency to apply foul labels and false accusations to people you don't know, you might set a better tone. Just a thought.....

As I said, Johnston reckons he has the ability to unite the nation; if so, he'll need to cajole Leave voters into helping him. As you rightly conclude, no chance - this has become too visceral.

It began with the Leavers' stupid comment 'You lost, get over it' and has deteriorated from there.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm slightly confused as to why (after 3200 posts on this thread alone) it's only very recently that some people are appalled and outraged by Ppf being allowed to post on NSC. What changed :shrug:

Because they have run out of things to moan about.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Read the post more carefully and you will see that is Johnston and his supporters inferring that - not me....

Maybe if you show the way by resisting your tendency to apply foul labels and false accusations to people you don't know, you might set a better tone. Just a thought.....

As I said, Johnston reckons he has the ability to unite the nation; if so, he'll need to cajole Leave voters into helping him. As you rightly conclude, no chance - this has become too visceral.

It began with the Leavers' stupid comment 'You lost, get over it' and has deteriorated from there.

Feel free to show where I've made false accusations against anyone. As for foul labels - you're a really sensitive soul aren't you ? How do you cope at a match ? Oh, you don't go to the matches do you ! And no, it began with remainers calling leavers thickos and racist. Go and check the early thread pages.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Feel free to show where I've made false accusations against anyone. As for foul labels - you're a really sensitive soul aren't you ? How do you cope at a match ? Oh, you don't go to the matches do you ! And no, it began with remainers calling leavers thickos and racist. Go and check the early thread pages.

On the contrary Westdene Seagull, you are so sensitive you cannot control your language. I am merely holding you to account as I assume you are a responsible adult.
Perhaps you can reflect that there is a world of difference between shouting out on the spur of the moment at a match and the more considered opportunities of typing what you think.
You change the focus of your comment instead of reflecting.... so maybe you can't.
Regards the rest of your diversion about whether or not I go to a match, it's the usual inaccurate, sneering nonsense; you surely can do better than that!
You know nothing about me and frankly that is good for me.
Finally I don't need to trawl through this thread. The national debate has reached a spectacular low; it would be great if you tried to do more to raise the levels in your comments.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
As with previous spats between you and I can't remember who else, it's all so tedious, isn't it? It can't be any fun for any of you. (I claim exemption as I believe I've never branded all Leavers as thickos etc.)

It is completely unfulfilling and dispiriting and I hope we can move on to a debate without name calling and spurious attempts to seize the moral high ground. For the record, I have never called any Leave voter a liar or w@nker.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
To link Remainers with fifth columnists is quite frankly desperate. Westdean Seagull, and you, know that no one was comparing Brexit to Nazis - the nearest I can think of anyone doing that was when Johnson compared the EU with the Third Reich. What a card he is!

Remoaners aren't the same as remainers. Many remainers fully accept that the UK democratic norms of enacting the outcomes of democratic events should be upheld .. it's only the shouty, extremist minority who spend an inordinate amount of time on social media dismissing democratic results they don't like while insisting we all vote again.

5th column might be a tad strong but I can't help noticing some similarities ... group of people who undermine a larger group from within in favour of external force, spreading fear and causing divisions etc .... spooky.

Getting back on to more substantive issues I see those Poles we were both interested in, continue to show a significant lead for Boris, your lot have done a splendid job in splitting the Remain vote.

methode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F5eb81288-c69c-11e9-b9cd-239465875366.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Remoaners aren't the same as remainers. Many remainers fully accept that the UK democratic norms of enacting the outcomes of democratic events should be upheld .. it's only the shouty, extremist minority who spend an inordinate amount of time on social media dismissing democratic results they don't like while insisting we all vote again.

5th column might be a tad strong but I can't help noticing some similarities ... group of people who undermine a larger group from within in favour of external force, spreading fear and causing divisions etc .... spooky.

Getting back on to more substantive issues I see those Poles we were both interested in, continue to show a significant lead for Boris, your lot have done a splendid job in splitting the Remain vote.

methode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F5eb81288-c69c-11e9-b9cd-239465875366.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

...as indeed your lot have done in splitting the Leave vote.

Only you will know what the Poles have got to do with it, but your graphic suggests that the voting split between Leave and Remain parties is pretty much neck and neck - I'm surprised you didn't quote the rather more decisive (and even more recent) YouGov figures which suggest that the proportion of people who feel, with hindsight, that our vote to leave the EU was wrong is now seven points above those who feel it was right. Just the sort of data that makes a Brexiteer shout 'undemocratic loon' at anyone with a different opinion.

In fact, I am not a huge fan of quoting daily opinion polls but I know you love them (sometimes) so it seems polite to mention the latest stats. (They will change of course, as I said last time.)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Speaking of Russians,I see the hypocrites on here are still condemning Ppf,but ignoring a poster with the title Voroshilov (even has a picture as their avatar),a Russian war criminal directly responsible for 20,000+ Polish executions at Katyn.Perhaps Lever would care to explain?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Speaking of Russians,I see the hypocrites on here are still condemning Ppf,but ignoring a poster with the title Voroshilov (even has a picture as their avatar),a Russian war criminal directly responsible for 20,000+ Polish executions at Katyn.Perhaps Lever would care to explain?

Cannot recall seeing this user. Perhaps he’s not as much of a loud mouthed ****wit as DR and therefore attracts less attention?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

I would have thought an ardent enemy of anti-semitism like yourself would have spoken up before, no? It's almost as if you're only interested in racism when you can use it as a stick to beat people you don't agree with. But that would be the behaviour of a real wanker so I'm sure it can't be true.

Anyway, your post is nonsense. Das Reich is literally called PPF because people have spoken out about him in the past. And so, and this is why I think he should post under his original name, a lot of people had no idea what DR stood for.

I've been calling him out on it more recently after he shared a link from a very far right youtube channel on here. Again, I'm sure you'd like to add your voice to the condemnation. Much as you hate anti-semitism.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Thank you for letting us know.

Personally I don't research all NSC usernames - just assumed it was his name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here