Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to cash in on Andone and promote Connelly

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I bet if Andone happens to browse through all of this anxt tonight, he'll certainly have a chuckle at all the in house bitch slapping :shrug:
He now gets a three match ban, which might, just might give Albions young Irish forward a chance.
Apologies, I couldn't spell Connollys name correctly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Connolly will probably be in the squad Tuesday and people will then see that he is nowhere near ready for a first team spot here.

The ggod thing is Andone will miss Tuesday *probably wouldnt have started, Away to Man City (we would expect to lose) and home to Burnley, the most likely league win so it isnt too bad.

Last edited:

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Getting the passion from him and improving his disciplinary record will be a major challenge for potter

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Potter giving him a pat on the back isn't going to help in that respect!
I bet if Andone happens to browse through all of this anxt tonight, he'll certainly have a chuckle at all the in house bitch slapping :shrug:
He now gets a three match ban, which might, just might give Albions young Irish forward a chance.
Is that 3 matches including Bristol?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Always one tackle away from a red card !

Connelly, it’s his time !!

Things happen for a reason !

Andone is clearly a red card waiting to happen. He's like it in every single game. I can't decide if he's been trained to take out opponents in his formative years, in which case he's not very good at it, or he's a nutter, in which case I wonder what he's like in training.

The "money ball" approach no doubt saw this as a workable weakness, Potter's MA and history working with troubled players might be able to sort this out. But all I see is a perma-angry nutcase ready to reduce us to 10 men the second things don't go his way. In heat that was probably over 30 degrees pitchside today that was unforgivable.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011

It's more fun to spell Conolly's name wrong as it seems to give AZ Gull an aneurysm every time someone has the cheek of misspelling it. Alternatively he gets a chub on everytime he can call someone out on spelling it wrong, like anyone else gives a flying ****.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's more fun to spell Conolly's name wrong as it seems to give AZ Gull an aneurysm every time someone has the cheek of misspelling it. Alternatively he gets a chub on everytime he can call someone out on spelling it wrong, like anyone else gives a flying ****.

I bet you googled how to spell aneurysm :whistle:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Hands up if any of the ****whits who clapped Andone off the field post on here.

If so you need to take a long look at yourself as he cost us the game today.

Terrible challenge...and for the fans to boo the assaulted player for getting up, you have no fecking idea.

This big time! The booing of their player continued during the game. Paul Merson said the challenge was worth 5 red cards and having now seen it he's not far wrong. It looked bad in real time from high up in the Upper West. Absolute leg breaker and actually think the Saints players did well not to go bat shite mental.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Connolly will probably be in the squad Tuesday and people will then see that he is nowhere near ready for a first team spot here.

The ggod thing is Andone will miss Tuesday *probably wouldnt have started, Away to Man City (we would expect to lose) and home to Burnley, the most likely league win so it isnt too bad.

Question, do you watch the U23’s ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Potter giving him a pat on the back isn't going to help in that respect!

Is that 3 matches including Bristol?

Yeah, he should have publicly flogged him on his way down the tunnel and made him get the train home with the fans :facepalm:

I'd trust a manager who has traditionally got the best out of just about anyone to know what to do when he was sent off. I'd stake a few quid that, while he gave him Andone a backslap in public, the dressing room reaction would have been a touch frostier. My guess is that Andone is in the last chance saloon - he should be - but a manager doing anything in public other than backing one of his players would be odd. The real shit will go down behind closed doors.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Andone is clearly a red card waiting to happen. He's like it in every single game. I can't decide if he's been trained to take out opponents in his formative years, in which case he's not very good at it, or he's a nutter, in which case I wonder what he's like in training.

The "money ball" approach no doubt saw this as a workable weakness, Potter's MA and history working with troubled players might be able to sort this out. But all I see is a perma-angry nutcase ready to reduce us to 10 men the second things don't go his way. In heat that was probably over 30 degrees pitchside today that was unforgivable.

Allegedly last season Murray supposedly had Andone by the neck in a training session due to a reckless challenge. I think he's a nutter and Potter will do well to change that. And of course he'll need to score a few goals to get fans back on his side.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Knocky was the same wasn't he? Always a bit hot-headed. We don't want or need players at this club like that, because they
cost us points.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yeah, he should have publicly flogged him on his way down the tunnel and made him get the train home with the fans :facepalm:

I'd trust a manager who has traditionally got the best out of just about anyone to know what to do when he was sent off. I'd stake a few quid that, while he gave him Andone a backslap in public, the dressing room reaction would have been a touch frostier. My guess is that Andone is in the last chance saloon - he should be - but a manager doing anything in public other than backing one of his players would be odd. The real shit will go down behind closed doors.
I agree that andone is probably now in last chance saloon. Now he's now going to have to wait a good while to get back on a pitch. There is clearly a decent player in there.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Andone cost us the game today. We were better than Stains, even after the red card. I think he may have cost himself an extended spellout of the 18. He was a total bonehead.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
:ffsparr:
Rest of your post was a waste of effort because I was too annoyed to read it.

Didn't you notice how CH reacted to AKs sending off near end of last season? He didn't do either.
That's because unlike you, he knows there's another way to react - not at all.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Allegedly last season Murray supposedly had Andone by the neck in a training session due to a reckless challenge. .

I heard it happened in some very kinky gay bar

Here's a pic:

murry fight.jpg

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yes and he puts away the chances given to him, bu the doesnt make many chances so I think he would make even less in The Premier.

Not sure what your point is, as doesn’t make sense

But as with any player it’s impossible to judge how they will do based on U23 performances. The real test and judgement will be when he plays first team football.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
:ffsparr:
Rest of your post was a waste of effort because I was too annoyed to read it.

Didn't you notice how CH reacted to AKs sending off near end of last season? He didn't do either.
That's because unlike you, he knows there's another way to react - not at all.

Have you got a Masters in Leadership and Emotional Intelligence then? Has Hughton? Potter has. I'd trust his reaction. quite frankly.

Tell you what, if Andone gets another straight red before Christmas I'll donate £20 to REMF. Care to take the opposite bet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here