Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Great stuff.

What is the make and model? Is it a 29er?

I have been cycling in ski resorts in the Pyrenees recently on my FSR Stumpjumper and it is the most fun I have ever had on two wheels. Ignore Stat, as usual, the man is an elitist philistine. :)

I got a Scott Spark 960, so yes a 29er and full suspension with 3 modes remote from handlebars.

I'm more of a xc than downhiller so perfect for me.

First ride yesterday and managed to put myself over the handlebars in a spectacular fashion testing it out. (Bike is ok and mostly unharmed apart from a ripped grip and scuffed dropper post lever), luckily I got tangled up in it on my way over the top so I bore the brunt of it and bike landed in a hedge rather than back on the gravel path.

I'm in a lot of pain today, very achy and spent most of last evening at PRH having my hand x-rayed. Poggered my shoulder as well and I've put a hairline crack in my helmet so that needs replacing too......

Anyway.... the bike, it will never be this clean again.
Screenshot_20190809-164346_Gallery.jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I got a Scott Spark 960, so yes a 29er and full suspension with 3 modes remote from handlebars.

I'm more of a xc than downhiller so perfect for me.

First ride yesterday and managed to put myself over the handlebars in a spectacular fashion testing it out. (Bike is ok and mostly unharmed apart from a ripped grip and scuffed dropper post lever), luckily I got tangled up in it on my way over the top so I bore the brunt of it and bike landed in a hedge rather than back on the gravel path.

I'm in a lot of pain today, very achy and spent most of last evening at PRH having my hand x-rayed. Poggered my shoulder as well and I've put a hairline crack in my helmet so that needs replacing too......

Anyway.... the bike, it will never be this clean again.
View attachment 114082

:eek:

Well, the bike's OK, that's the main thing.

And what an absolute beauty!

Seriously, though, hope you recover quickly. Sounds like quite a spectacular crash!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
My worst ever crash to date, I've gone from 2x9 to 1x12 drivetrain, didnt know what gear I was, I pressed the lever and nothing happened, pressed it again and nothing, so I looked down at my rear wheel to see which gear I was in. I was in 12th so going quite quickly!

Which was a massive mistake.

Looked back up and I was 0.1 seconds from wandering off the path at about 20 mph. Leaned left to correct it, but either went down a hole or hit something large in the long grass, bike stopped, my waist hit the handlebars, trapping my hands and over I went without a way of breaking my fall.

Landed on the side of my head and shoulder tangled with the bike, did a forward roll whilst sliding upside down then everything went starry and it was over.

Took me about 5 minutes to get up as it hurt and my leg was stuck in the frame.

Lesson learned.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Get well soon [MENTION=20792]spongy[/MENTION].

'Everything comes in 3s' as the saying goes. We've got 2 out of action with hand injuries. The third is going to be me isn't it? I wonder how I'll do it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Get well soon [MENTION=20792]spongy[/MENTION].

'Everything comes in 3s' as the saying goes. We've got 2 out of action with hand injuries. The third is going to be me isn't it? I wonder how I'll do it.

I'm a big fan of inane guessing games and not even I'm going near this one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol:

[tweet]1159919542799360000[/tweet]

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
My worst ever crash to date, I've gone from 2x9 to 1x12 drivetrain, didnt know what gear I was, I pressed the lever and nothing happened, pressed it again and nothing, so I looked down at my rear wheel to see which gear I was in. I was in 12th so going quite quickly!

Which was a massive mistake.

Looked back up and I was 0.1 seconds from wandering off the path at about 20 mph. Leaned left to correct it, but either went down a hole or hit something large in the long grass, bike stopped, my waist hit the handlebars, trapping my hands and over I went without a way of breaking my fall.

Landed on the side of my head and shoulder tangled with the bike, did a forward roll whilst sliding upside down then everything went starry and it was over.

Took me about 5 minutes to get up as it hurt and my leg was stuck in the frame.

Lesson learned.

:eek:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Kudos to anyone out on their bikes this afternoon.

Reminds me of an afternoon I went out in the tail of one of our 'hurricanes'.

I realised the wind was blowing in the exact direction of Control to Storrington.

All I had to do was survive the 5 miles to Storrington and the 8 miles home andnid hoover up all the Strava first places. :lol:

Everything went pretty much to plan other than when I crossed the gated entrance to a field and the wind very nearly blow my bike out from under me!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Out of respect for my legs I just had a spin on the exercise bike in the garage. Definitely need a smart trainer. The ride position is shocking. Probably do more damage to myself riding that, than not riding at all.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Surprised to see Viviani win the Europeans at the weekend. Thought his legs were a bit hit and miss this year, but found them on the right day it seems.
Cofidis with the European champ in their ranks next season? Will wonders will never cease...?!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I know I've only just taken delivery of my new Orbea - but Im already thinking of the next machine once its paid off (n+1 & all that...). Anybody dealt with Planet X for complete bikes?
Im seriously considering the Spitfire Ti with SRAM components as there are just too many carbon "lookalikes" out there....and I much prefer a traditional looking bike.

spitfire.jpg

Anybody ridden titanium frames before, or got one currently?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here