Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You appear very animated about linking this to brexit when normal people realise the crux of the EU immigration issue was about taking back control of EU immigration in the future and ending free movement.

As you bring it up, hail your new King. Boris is very pro-immigration and freedom of movement from the EU, it's probably the only consistent policy he has had since being London Mayor. It led to all sorts of arguments behind the scenes when he was Foreign Secretary.

This should highlight what a complete opportunist and shyster the man is.

The members who voted for him wouldn't have a scooby, there are far more likely to have read his nonsense about bent bananas and burkas.

[tweet]1139067505094402049[/tweet]

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I am wondering how the date of entry will be established for those that came from one of the many countries that we don't require visas for? If someone presents and says they have been here for years, illegally, they probably won't have too much in the way of a checkable history, so as long as they "lose" the passport they came in on, who could say if someone has been here 5 years or 15?

I agree with you, i should imagine its very difficult to prove you have been here 15 years when you are here illegally

As you bring it up, hail your new King. Boris is very pro-immigration and freedom of movement from the EU, it's probably the only consistent policy he has had since being London Mayor. It led to all sorts of arguments behind the scenes when he was Foreign Secretary.

This should highlight what a complete opportunist and shyster the man is.

The members who voted for him wouldn't have a scooby, there are far more likely to have read his nonsense about bent bananas and burkas.

[tweet]1139067505094402049[/tweet]

Doesnt bother me as i am pro-immigration as well, as long as there are immigration controls such as visas for those wanting to come here to live and work,(dont recall anyone of any worth saying they wanted no immigration and for immigration to be stopped),so i welcome him saying he will get the Migration Advisory Committee to look again at the Australian style points system as our immigration system changes and freedom of movement comes to an end.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I agree with you, i should imagine its very difficult to prove you have been here 15 years when you are here illegally

Doesnt bother me as i am pro-immigration as well, as long as there are immigration controls such as visas for those wanting to come here to live and work,(dont recall anyone of any worth saying they wanted no immigration and for immigration to be stopped),so i welcome him saying he will get the Migration Advisory Committee to look again at the Australian style points system as our immigration system changes and freedom of movement comes to an end.

The debate confuses migration experts because the UK already has a points based system and the Australian system is applied selectively. It is far from the only way to enter Australia.

On the points based system you don't need a job offer.

Although it doesn't fit the narrative, Australia has huge volumes of immigration. If applied to our population it would mean half a million immigrants a year.

"Australia Points System" applied to the UK is basically the new "Brexit means Brexit" which means absolutely nothing.

It's Boris bullshit pandering to the frothing at mouth brigade. I'll remind you again your new King is a huge fan of freedom of movement and immigration.

He knows damn well that people have allowed people like Farage to confuse the two.

Last edited:

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
**** off Nazi SCUM. Your kind are not welcome here, even if some of the mods who protect you think DR means "doctor" :ffsparr:

it also means debit acording to my bank acuont when i look at it to check the £20 a month i give to the free tommy campain had gone out

Regards
DR

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
[MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] proved that some time ago but at least you admitted it in the end. Using the search function on the Times site isn't all that time-consuming (about 5 mins) and much better than on here although I have some way to go to match your epic NSC trawls through the posting history of numerous peeps.:bowdown:

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343854-The-Brexit-Thread&p=8999151&viewfull=1#post8999151

You've now made this claim the same number of times as you have dates that we are going to leave the EU :yawn:

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not all, maybe a bit complex for you ?

The new right of the Tory party have a utopian vision of a low regulation tax haven.

It's a neo liberal vision and has little to do with the historic concerns of the Conservatives.

They have little concern for immigration because they know their future economy will need immigrants to do the low paid unregulated jobs.

You can still be racist and ship in workers from abroad.

I have no idea whether Boris is racist, but it's irrelevent.

The Brexit campaign run by Farage played on those who are.

But they personally couldn't give a shit.

Farage's wife is German and Boris Grandfather was Turkish.

Fortunately, a vision of a unregulated new liberal utopia doesn't sell many tickets but fears of immigration does.

They fooled you. Now watch them open the doors.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

The EU are bringing in a law, that says migrant workers cannot undercut the country residents' wages, but our government is rejecting it.
Outside of the EU, the UK can get rid of workers rights, which will benefit the bosses, and generate more money for them.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The EU are bringing in a law, that says migrant workers cannot undercut the country residents' wages, but our government is rejecting it.
Outside of the EU, the UK can get rid of workers rights, which will benefit the bosses, and generate more money for them.
Please can you link to this? I find that hard to believe as at the very least, surely these kind of wages are controlled by the minimum wage rate?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
So, we've now got a 'War Cabinet' handling the no deal scenario (the 'million to one' possibility according to the Chief Idiot). Given that we have a PM with a Churchill fixation I wonder if what we are seeing played out is some sort of fantasy. Will the mothballed airfields across the south east be re-commissioned? Will Worthing pier be blown apart to prevent invasion? I guess rationing might be on the cards at least...………….

The lunatics have truly taken over the asylum. And all this because a fat journo fed us lies about EU regulations on straight bananas in the 1990s (whatever happened to him?).

Raab ( a sort of Idiot to the Chief Idiot) intervieed today. Spinning more lies that of course he was totally clear that a no-deal was always on the cards and that he discussed the possibility many times in the build-up to the referendum. So of course there's a mandate for this chaos. I think one of the problems (a la Trump) is that when the guy at the top is an out and out (shameless) liar, it gives all the others a free hit. (Yes, all politicians lie but Johnno is in a class of his own.)

I really hope that the Scots give the Fat One a hard time today. Not laughing at his jokes is a start: narcissists hate not being noticed.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'll think you'll find the ***** who really don't give a **** about antisemitism will be mainly voting Labour at the next GE .. yourself included obviously.

Personally I don't know anybody antisemitic, Labour voter or not, but as it's obviously such an important subject for you I'm happy to bow to what I assume is your superior judgement on the matter.

Having said that though, the thing is it's strange how on this thread there's an antisemitic leave voter, who wont be voting Labour at the next election, but you never bring him to task on it like you do with Labour having read something on Guido Fawkes about them. I'm now heavily leaning back toward my theory that you don't actually care about antisemitism one iota other than using it to attack the Labour Party anonymously online on a football forum.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Please can you link to this? I find that hard to believe as at the very least, surely these kind of wages are controlled by the minimum wage rate?

No, I can't. I was told this last week by a chartered tax accountant who works for a very large company in the UK, and I have no reason to disbelieve them.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Personally I don't know anybody antisemitic, Labour voter or not, but as it's obviously such an important subject for you I'm happy to bow to what I assume is your superior judgement on the matter.

Having said that though, the thing is it's strange how on this thread there's an antisemitic leave voter, who wont be voting Labour at the next election, but you never bring him to task on it like you do with Labour having read something on Guido Fawkes about them. I'm now heavily leaning back toward my theory that you don't actually care about antisemitism one iota other than using it to attack the Labour Party anonymously online on a football forum.

Of course he doesn't. The only other time you'll hear him talk about racism is to laugh it off as an accusation made by the liberal elite towards him and his brexit voting chums a la Farage. If it was something that was important to him, he'd have already denounced posters like Das Reich and the numerous examples of bigoted Leave tactics/voters.

It's just a convenient stick to beat others with. Bit of a wanker really.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I would like to know what the anti semitic issue relates to, hopefully with his knowledge, I will find out

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Of course he doesn't. The only other time you'll hear him talk about racism is to laugh it off as an accusation made by the liberal elite towards him and his brexit voting chums a la Farage. If it was something that was important to him, he'd have already denounced posters like Das Reich and the numerous examples of bigoted Leave tactics/voters.

It's just a convenient stick to beat others with. Bit of a wanker really.

That's the thing with that Guido Fawkes site - it just preys on people who aren't very good at thinking. Perhaps its the bright red colours that draws them in? Never seems to be a mention of antisemitism elsewhere on it, or anything about racism, xenophobia, homophobia, Islamophobia elsewhere - just antisemitism in the Labour Party. Obsessionally. Hysterically.

As I said yesterday to him, the real coalface of antisemitism in this country is not online but a Sunday afternoon in any common or garden rough pub/dive bar with Sky Sports in southern England when Chelsea are playing Tottenham. There you will find some, but by no means all, of the patrons will be making antisemitic remarks and making references to gas chambers and making hissing sounds etc, but you wont find the bloke who runs Guido Fawkes in there reporting it and challenging it anymore than you would the user name Footy Genius.

(In the latter's case I can recall last summer on a hot day him sneering at people talking on the NSC Brexit thread and saying he was going out in his garden to have a Pimms instead. I can think of quite a few common or garden rough pubs/dive bars in southern England where if he ordered one of them he'd have other things on top of the antisemitism to worry about, assuming they served him at all.)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Fair enough, thanks.

I wonder how he knows government policy before it's announced though.

The law was passed in 2008. The government is arguing whether it is required to implement it.

Which all comes back to the same thing. The neo-liberal fringe of the Tory party require cheap foreign workers for their Singapore style Utopian vision. The EU is trying to create a level playing field for local workers and stop "social dumping".

The Tories are having none of it......

Remember the law is there to protect LOCAL workers, not migrants.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The law was passed in 2008. The government is arguing whether it is required to implement it.

Which all comes back to the same thing. The neo-liberal fringe of the Tory party require cheap foreign workers for their Singapore style Utopian vision. The EU is trying to create a level playing field for local workers and stop "social dumping".

The Tories are having none of it......

Remember the law is there to protect LOCAL workers, not migrants.

Thank you. I wasn't sure but had already pm'd GCCM where my information came from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here