Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
American Gods. All good so far - 90 pages in. 720 to go.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Shall soon be reading Andrew Caldecott's latest, and I just got a refund!!!!

refund.JPG

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The President is Missing

Bill Clinton and James Patterson

Liking it

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had Rotherweird on my bookshelf for the last year but never got around to reading it. Last month I donated it to the charity shop. Have I made a mistake?

Yes.

"Train kept a rollin' " by Spencer Vignes.

Holiday reading finished in two sessions yesterday. The author tracks the link between trains/railways and music using well known and some (to me) unknown songs and artists.

As a music fan and unashamed "anorak" I thoroughly enjoyed it and the author certainly "knows his stuff". Helpfully lists all songs mentioned in an appendix.

The author name seems somehow strangely familiar :)

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Stephen Morris - Record Play Pause.
Drummer from Joy Division/New Order. Fascinating insight written in a candid and self deprecation manner with lots of humour. Up to the part he meets Ian (Curtis).

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Six Weeks by Harlan Coben. I normally never bother with big name, high output American authors like him, Grisham et al, but what a page turner so far, halfway through. If his other stuff is as good I’m definitely a potential convert.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Rebel Hearts: Journeys Within the IRA's Soul by Kevin Toolis. It's an oral history from IRA volunteers/family members/people affected by the troubles. I don't know much/anything about the troubles really, so it has been an interesting read.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Inferno- Dan Brown
All his books are quite similar but entertaining. Its like watching an episode of Columbo, you know what's going to happen but you want to see how he figures it out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here