Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Love Island 2019 - official NSC thread

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And I presume there’s other, lesser, issues which are not reported. I struggle to believe it’s just 3 suicides. I’d be interested to hear how others have faired; it can’t be easy knowing that whatever you have done on that show will be out there on the internet for the rest of your life.

What they 'did' on the show? What does that mean?

2 of the suicides were actually because they struggled when the money ran out, fame stopped and working out what to do after. 1 of those was triggered by the death of his Nan who he leaved with and cared for.

The people associating the suicides with the show, are making a lazy assumption similar to Hughton was not given time because he was black.

What do people think happens on the show that is so bad?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What do people think happens on the show that is so bad?

You tell me why all the following is required:

For pre-filming and filming, islanders are entitled to – Psychological consultant engaged throughout the whole series – from pre-filming to aftercare. –

Thorough pre-filming psychological and medical assessments including assessments by an independent doctor, psychological consultant and discussion with each Islander’s own GP to check medical history. –

Potential Islanders are required to fully disclose any relevant medical history that would be relevant to their inclusion in the villa and the production’s ability to provide a suitable environment for them. –

Managing cast expectations: detailed explanations both verbally and in writing of the implications, both positive and negative, of taking part in the series are given to potential cast members throughout the casting process and reinforced within the contract so it is clear. –

Cast are told they should consider all the potential implications of taking part in the show and work through this decision-making process in consultation with their family and those closest to them, to ensure they feel it is right for them. –

Senior Team on the ground have received training in Mental Health First Aid. – A welfare team solely dedicated to the Islanders both during the show and after

Why do they need all this?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
To be fair, it’s been reported in the media that Amy has left for personal reasons. I hope she’s ok, she’s handled herself magnificently since arriving back in the villa.

But flatly denied by the ITV press office after the stories in the Sun and Mirror, if she had received any kind of help they can't divulge that anyway as its breaking medical confidentiality, she's fine still enjoying the experience, despite the odd 'bump in the road' and thanks for your kind words.

What we saw last night was at least 48 hours old, given that I speak to ITV producers, welfare staff and the press office daily, if she had left the Villa she'd be back home in Worthing by now.

The likes of The Clamp and Justice are no better than the faceless trolls on social media.

Let's give it 12 months from today, 5th July 2020, where will Amy be then?

Then and only then will The Clamp and others be able to even begin to back up their inane posts on this thread, if things haven't panned out how Amy would have liked them to.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I'm struggling to see what positives Amy is going to take away from this experience? A couple of years of guesting at night clubs? Seems a scant reward for the emotional journey.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I don't think Curtis has done anything wrong to honest. He just realised he doesn't fancy her as much as he thought he did. He probably could have handled it a little better, but he's only young.

Everyone is very quick to be concerned for Amy's mental health, but it is Curtis that is being called every name under the sun on social media.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But flatly denied by the ITV press office after the stories in the Sun and Mirror, if she had received any kind of help they can't divulge that anyway as its breaking medical confidentiality, she's fine still enjoying the experience, despite the odd 'bump in the road' and thanks for your kind words.

What we saw last night was at least 48 hours old, given that I speak to ITV producers, welfare staff and the press office daily, if she had left the Villa she'd be back home in Worthing by now.

The likes of The Clamp and Justice are no better than the faceless trolls on social media.

Then and only then will The Clamp and others be able to even begin to back up their inane posts on this thread, if things haven't panned out how Amy would have liked them to.

Haven't watched any of it up to yesterday but the Mrs is an avid viewer. I did however catch some of last night and thought she handled herself extremely well FWIW (and certainly compared to what appear some fairly bitchy housemates). As far as the 'help' goes, most of the press report headlines seem a little bit different from the actual narrative - there's plenty of help 'available' but not much evidence or reporting that she's actually asked for any other than speculative guff.

Good luck to her - hope she gets something useful from the experience

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm struggling to see what positives Amy is going to take away from this experience? A couple of years of guesting at night clubs? Seems a scant reward for the emotional journey.

This was covered much earlier in the thread, perhaps you’ll be surprised to discover that a fair few of the contestants go on to do very well for themselves, ie make a few million within 12 months of the show ending.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Well I’m glad for both Amy and yourself that the young lady is ok.

For what it’s worth, The Clamp has a habit of saying some pretty shitty things, I remember starting a thread celebrating the arrival of my son, he/she commented that the post made them feel bilious and that it was good news but I shouldn’t get carried away. Have a day off.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

Just trying to get an understanding here but how do you as a father feel about your daughter "doing bits" on TV?

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
You tell me why all the following is required:

For pre-filming and filming, islanders are entitled to – Psychological consultant engaged throughout the whole series – from pre-filming to aftercare. –

Thorough pre-filming psychological and medical assessments including assessments by an independent doctor, psychological consultant and discussion with each Islander’s own GP to check medical history. –

Potential Islanders are required to fully disclose any relevant medical history that would be relevant to their inclusion in the villa and the production’s ability to provide a suitable environment for them. –

Managing cast expectations: detailed explanations both verbally and in writing of the implications, both positive and negative, of taking part in the series are given to potential cast members throughout the casting process and reinforced within the contract so it is clear. –

Cast are told they should consider all the potential implications of taking part in the show and work through this decision-making process in consultation with their family and those closest to them, to ensure they feel it is right for them. –

Senior Team on the ground have received training in Mental Health First Aid. – A welfare team solely dedicated to the Islanders both during the show and after

Why do they need all this?

Standard for any reality TV show

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Called a troll for reporting an article that’s still up on Apple news ok then.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand

From what I’ve seen of her she has a lovely persona, easy on the eye, with a bit of media training she could potentially make it on TV. I’m thinking a slot on daytime TV drivel such as This morning and loose women etc. We need a next generation holly willaboobie....How is she with spiders and eating testicles....I’m a celeb etc?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here