Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Love Island 2019 - official NSC thread

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I saw you on the aftersun programme Harty :lol:

What I want to know is how big a BHA fan is she and does she go to games?

First game 19thNov 1994 (that long ago we were on speaking terms with Greg Stanley, met him outside), watched the Albion at Gillingham and Withdean. Came home from a night game in the early days at Withdean, aged about 7/8 and asked Mrs H at breakfast what’s a c*** Mummy?
Obviously flying with BA since 2010 has its limitations but she’s used our 1901 seats several times a season since the stadium opened.

Wanted to wear an Albion shirt in the Villa but the American Express logo breaks ITV regulations. ( The club kindly sent her one, but I will make sure she wears it at the West Ham game)

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Define and clarify a malicious campaign when you see 40 mins edited highlights of roughly 18 hours filming each day?

Please read the statement from this morning on Amy’s Instagram account, amyhartxo

I’ve sent you my mobile via pm if you wish to discuss it further.

Harty

Defining what I think is a malicious campaign having seen ‘40 mins edited highlights of roughly 18 hours filming each day’ is exactly what I did isn’t it?

I can’t comment on the remainder of the day I didn’t see. I’m not sure anyone but the producers can?

Why do I want your mobile?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Defining what I think is a malicious campaign having seen ‘40 mins edited highlights of roughly 18 hours filming each day’ is exactly what I did isn’t it?

I can’t comment on the remainder of the day I didn’t see. I’m not sure anyone but the producers can?

Why do I want your mobile?

Her choice to audition and get on this show, so no debate there.

My mobile enables you to actually speak to me and explain and clarify why you think my daughter is malicious, which in my opinion she isn’t, rather than you adopting the classic keyboard warrior stance.

Just out of interest are you a parent?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

My mobile enables you to actually speak to me and explain and clarify why you think my daughter is malicious, which in my opinion she isn’t, rather than you adopting the classic keyboard warrior stance.

Problem with these progs is they deliberately edit them to get the most drama. You obviously know your daughter is not malicious but the average viewer just takes the edit at face value.

As much as I don’t watch these programmes I’m sure most of the people on them, as most people you meet in life, are nice decent people with many sides to their personality.

But as I say, the edit is done to fit a narrative and sensationalise situations. Can’t blame people for forming an opinion, it’s manipulation.
I take the Mick but I’m sure your Amy is a good egg and good luck to her. It’ll hopefully be an experience she’ll look back on with fond memories and if not, it’ll be a great rite of passage.

I’m friends with quite a well known person who was on a reality program, even shared a house with them for a while. They came across a bit of an eejit on telly but nicest person you could hope to meet in real life. C’est la vie!

Last edited:

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014

Oh haha, now I understand your passion

You have opinion and hindsight I cannot possibly have so I will simply make my judgement upon what I see (as you well might about the other ‘contestants’ you aren’t so familiar with) and you cannot possibly expect me to do otherwise. I’m not omnipresent

If it helps, I have no alternative/greater opinion of your daughter based on what I’ve seen thus far, positive or negative

I’m not a parent, do I need to be to watch television and have an opinion on what I’m shown?

I watch a public TV program and I express an opinion of what I see on a public internet forum, how does that make me a warrior? Programs of this nature are designed to encourage debate, and perception and opinion and conversation. You really need to be more accepting of that, even when my opinion is not the same as yours and couldn’t possibly be, because I’m not your daughters father, you are. Don’t be naive. You need far more patience and a much thicker skin.

I’m confident you think she could’ve handled the situation better

As well you may have handled the situation you now subsequently find yourself in better by representing your daughter and defended her character far more positively

A colleague told me today they think your daughter is a bully. At least I was more diplomatic than that

I’ve done my stint on reality TV myself and I don’t expect a perfect stranger to judge me for anything other than what they saw of me on the box. It comes with the territory I am afraid and the day I stepped in front of the cameras I made my peace with that

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

You have opinion and hindsight I cannot possibly have so I will simply make my judgement upon what I see (as you well might about the other ‘contestants’ you aren’t so familiar with) and you cannot possibly expect me to do otherwise. I’m not omnipresent

If it helps, I have no alternative/greater opinion of your daughter based on what I’ve seen thus far, positive or negative

I’m not a parent, do I need to be to watch television and have an opinion on what I’m shown?

I watch a public TV program and I express an opinion of what I see on a public internet forum, how does that make me a warrior? Programs of this nature are designed to encourage debate, and perception and opinion and conversation. You really need to be more accepting of that, even when my opinion is not the same as yours and couldn’t possibly be, because I’m not your daughters father, you are. Don’t be naive. You need far more patience and a much thicker skin.

As well you may have handled the situation you now subsequently find yourself in better by representing your daughter and defended her character far more positively

A colleague told me today they think your daughter is a bully. At least I was more diplomatic than that

I’ve done my stint on reality TV myself and I don’t expect a perfect stranger to judge me for anything other than what they saw of me on the box. It comes with the territory I am afraid and the day I stepped in front of the cameras I made my peace with that

A) You make decent enough points but...
B) I think Harty has let out some of his anger at nasty wankers making death threats on you and your post - not the right thing to do but can understand his stress at the same time
C) Can see both sides of this - kiss and make up - you’ve backed up your point elequently there tbf
D) We can always handle situations better every day - all of us as we all know - and we’re all allowed an opinion.
E) What reality TV show we’re you on?!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Regarding death threats, your daughter should surely be pulled from the show as it's that serious. What's more important?

There are some right sick twats online. A mate of mine who’s a dart player got death threats for losing a game due to betting ffs. Sick people but happens all the time. Some 13 year old with an iPhone can’t spoil someone taking part in a tv show - that would be letting them win. Let the plod deal with it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Problem with these progs is they deliberately edit them to get the most drama. You obviously know your daughter is not malicious but the average viewer just takes the edit at face value.

As much as I don’t watch these programmes I’m sure most of the people on them, as most people you meet in life, are nice decent people with many sides to their personality.

But as I say, the edit is done to fit a narrative and sensationalise situations. Can’t blame people for forming an opinion, it’s manipulation.
I take the Mick but I’m sure your Amy is a good egg and good luck to her. It’ll hopefully be an experience she’ll look back on with fond memories and if not, it’ll be a great rite of passage.

I’m friends with quite a well known person who was on a reality program, even shared a house with them for a while. They came across a bit of an eejit on telly but nicest person you could hope to meet in real life. C’est la vie!

Go on son - who are they...?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
There are some right sick twats online. A mate of mine who’s a dart player got death threats for losing a game due to betting ffs. Sick people but happens all the time. Some 13 year old with an iPhone can’t spoil someone taking part in a tv show - that would be letting them win. Let the plod deal with it.

Fair comment. It's a pity we live in a world where people act in such an insane manner. These reality tv shows are pretty similar in many respects. The audience perceive who they like, don't like or are indifferent about. As others have said on this thread, the people behind these shows hold all the cards. Let's call them King or Queen makers.

The recent situation connected to the Jeremy Kyle show has brought certain negative conduct to our attention. Are the producers behind a show like Love Island really any different?

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
A) You make decent enough points but...
B) I think Harty has let out some of his anger at nasty wankers making death threats on you and your post - not the right thing to do but can understand his stress at the same time
C) Can see both sides of this - kiss and make up - you’ve backed up your point elequently there tbf
D) We can always handle situations better every day - all of us as we all know - and we’re all allowed an opinion.
E) What reality TV show we’re you on?!

Thank you (genuinely)

NO EXCUSE for death threats or anything of that nature AT ALL

I take fathers word for it, I’m sure Amy is a very lovely girl beyond what I’ve seen

Many of the other contestants have not strictly done themselves a service and have all had their moments. I’d argue with a camera in your face 24/7 it’s almost impossible to come out squeaky. We are all only human after all. So I could not agree more, we can ALL do better, including me

Sadly I feel Amy’s behaviour is frankly very common place and so she is more than likely in the majority so who am I or anyone else to judge her

I apologise for my degree of tact. I would have been more gentle had I of known. Tbh I had high expectations of a local BAHA supporter and so likely judged her more severely than I otherwise would.

I must confess, I do forget how young they all are

Makes me wonder how much more sensitive we would all be in our opinions of our club we all love so dearly if we knew all the players etc took the time to read and consider all our opinions

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

I wasn’t being patronising, I just wondered how you would react if you saw a collection of messages that said they wanted to kill your daughter because of something they’d seen on ITV?

We clearly both have a common love the Albion, and that alone should enable us to amicably agree to disagree.

For the benefit of your work colleague the next few weeks and months will prove beyond any reasonable doubt that they are wrong, she’s clearly not a bully, anything but.

On advice from a number of friends on NSC, I will not be commenting on this thread for the foreseeable future. Not flouncing though ;)

Thanks

Harty

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

On an individual basis, I don't get the love for Maura. She is a scraggy bint who comes across as a complete slapper.

Glad someone feels the same. I find her whole personality desperate and creepy. Totally unattractive. Lucie on the other hand......

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ian Hart's reaction on here is understandable, yet tediously predictable. Two or three weeks ago, he could barely contain his pride: "130,000 applicants down to the final 12 is a great achievement in itself".

Sorry [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION], it was never "a great achievement" that a handful of ITV execs decided there was a great chance she'd probably make good telly, especially given the dubious nature of this show. And now the chickens have come home to roost and you're stooping so low as to offer a mobile phone number to someone on here. Who'd have thought it? FFS.

What an utterly shit premise for a TV show, you won't catch me watching a second of it. This sort of show should be banned, they are a stain on society and bring out the worst in absolutely everyone - the contestants, those close to the contestants, and the absolute turds on social media who just believe absolutely everything they see on edited highlights that are designed to maximise ratings and slaughter people because of it without a moment's thought for what they are saying.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I can’t help but think that last night’s episode was ridiculously unfair, or is it just me? Potty mouthed Maura and the freighter that is Anna get a reprieve, whilst two from Lucie, Joe, Anton and Alma, who were all in all legitimate couples get the boot! Wtf! Sorry, but no, how is it fair that tugboat (Anna) gets a free pass purely because none of the chaps wanted to be with her.

Very harsh on Anna, she's lovely.

I'd rather look at her than Maura, the scrawny BINT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here