Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How’s your Albion Mojo

Where is you Albion mojo?

• Total voters

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Delighted we survived. Felt like we got away with one. Really sad CH has gone and slightly angry we didn't get a chance for a proper thank you, but very excited if Potter is the 'chosen one'. A very definite style and focus on youth.

8 until Potter is announced....then a 9.

Saves me typing it. Spot on how I feel.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Gone from 4 to 8

Despite a massive swing i still fell sad for Hughton. I will always hold Hughton in the highest esteem.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
A 9 for me now, from about a 4 Saturday night. Higher now Hughton has gone. Was very down after the Man City game and I think it was because I felt we were just going to suffer season after season of 16th/17th place playing turgid football forever more until eventually we inevitably dropped back to the Championship.

I am pleased we seem to be showing more ambition than it appeared and I hope the appointment is a success. Would rather we gambled on this than just accepted what we have had this season. If it doesn't work at least we tried.

Basically the same for me. I didn't like the football we were playing. The players didn't seem to like the football we were playing. I didn't like the fact that the players didn't like the football we were playing. I didn't like worrying that we won't attract players playing like this. I didn't like worrying that we might lose our best players playing like this. I didn't like not liking watching us play.

I didn't like the prospect of another season of all that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
6, at least we have a chance of improving now... let's see who is appointed, and then how the summer transfers pan out...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surely everyone must be over the moon. Next season we'll have a manager who will FORCE Locadia and Ali J to score as many goals as they did in the Eredivisie and we'll finish in the top half playing like Bournemouth!

Just playing them in position and even vaguely to their strengths would be a start.

Imagine buying a striker, playing them defensive left midfield on their wrong foot and then wondering why they looked crap?! Tricky one innit?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
1 or 2. I don't feel particularly joyful or optimistic about the season ahead, and I'm uninspired about who we're being linked with. I hope something happens to galvanize me soon, but as things stand I think we're going to be in for a very long and painful season.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I really don’t know. I’ve not been as ‘down’ about the Albion in a long long time. It’s effecting my mood.

Losing Bruno was one thing, being constantly at odds with wanting to give CH the benefit of doubt and praying for us to stay up and seeing how we would evolve over the summer. I just never factored in a cold hearted culling into the equation.

I’m tentatively excited by the plans for the future but trepidatious at the same time.

The way CH was let go looks like the ultimate Moneyball proxy.

Manager given players to play a certain way, doesn’t play them that way, on paper all looks ok as club survives but ultimately the owner’s frustration with the manager not playing the way they’re supposed to leaves him no option but to wield the axe, or in the case of Moneyball not offer the coach more than a rolling 12 moth contract which he declines and so leaves.

Now the big if here is whether Potter agrees to play them in that prescribed manner and is he ok with outside influences at play to control player acquisition?

I gather he has operated in similar ways with both Ostersund and Swansea so I’d be hopeful but if their philosophies don’t match then he won’t accept the job and we’ve pushed the button on CH before our top target has agreed to come.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Mojo is very much down at the moment, and I'm in the same camp as Barhams Tash - it's affecting my mood too. I loved Chris for all he did for our club, but I was incredibly disheartened about the football we were (and still are) playing.

I can't see how a new manager will make much of a change to the Albion considering the shower of shit we have bought in this season.

If we employed Arteta then I'd be running around screaming for joy, but going for Potter because he plays nice football at Swansea, does not make for comfortable reading.

1901Phil

Feb 1, 2012
Tunbridge Wells
Me too . . . . CH's departure and its handling has tarnished the club, and there's so much uncertainty right now. I've not seen a single name mentioned as far as a replacement manager is concerned that sounds like a forward or exciting step, and that's before we contemplate any possible player moves.

Totally agree.
Looks like Ashworth has strengthened his position particularly if we appoint a relatively inexperienced first team coach

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Managerial change hasn't really affected my positivity, it's just too uncertain to call at the moment.

Significant investment needed, wage structure needs addressing to attract a better calibre of player.

Ashworth and co have some serious work to do.

Remains a 6.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Yeah, pretty good. Excited at the possibilities. Like most football fans, we're all generally believers in the close season.

One thing that is odd though. In the past day I've felt like an unofficial spokesperson for the club. I've had so many texts from friends (all neutrals) almost taking me to task for Hughton's dismissal. Getting a bit bored of it now.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I keep hearing this, Ashworth has strengthened his position! To do what, take over the world? What exactly?

Presumably to keep advising TB on who to hire and fire from management down to the youth team

He has very quickly become the most powerful employee at the club.

And he will not lose that power, until we have been through at least two or three more managers. Because he will have the Board’s ear, more than the manager.

It’s a bit like being a Strategic or IT Director on the Board.
The Board know that they have to have them, they have to give them a budget, and they are mostly not knowledgeable enough to know when they are being bullshitted.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
worried about this new fella Potter (if installed)

only managed 50 odd games in this country (none in the premier)

Swansea have only won 1 of their last 10 away games,losing 7

sure his record is great in Sweden (where the clouds are interesting)

alot made of the europa league run against Gala,Bilbao & Arsenal reserves

hope I'm wrong

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I am a 4. If TB shows that the club is going to pay good Premier League wages and gets in established experienced talent it will improve greatly. I fear though that we are moving the manager out when perhaps a real issue remains with other staffing issues within the club. I would expect that things are not going to change much financially and that we will be expecting our next manager to also work 'miracles' to keep us up playing attractively. The likely appointment of a manager with no experience of working in the Premier League does not fill me with enthusiasm.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Presumably to keep advising TB on who to hire and fire from management down to the youth team

He has very quickly become the most powerful employee at the club.

And he will not lose that power, until we have been through at least two or three more managers. Because he will have the Board’s ear, more than the manager.

It’s a bit like being a Strategic or IT Director on the Board.
The Board know that they have to have them, they have to give them a budget, and they are mostly not knowledgeable enough to know when they are being bullshitted.

So what is his power then?

#1 bullshitter?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Seven.

The reported target sounds very interesting, and has a track record of using young players which I like to see.

Also ANY new manager coming in, will have been promised a healthy budget, which means new PLAYERS - and new players are always exciting (until we discover they are not).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here