Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We played well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Burnley keeper got man of the match, that should tell all the doom mongers something. We had rotten luck/decisions and were mugged by two breakaways, one which came about because of a slip by Dunk. We were NOT shit today imo. All this without the two penalties missed by the ref and his assistants. Let’s blame CH and the players though, much simpler to go for a knee jerk.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Burnley keeper got man of the match, that should tell all the doom mongers something. We had rotten luck/decisions and were mugged by two breakaways, one which came about because of a slip by Dunk. We were NOT shit today imo. All this without the two penalties missed by the ref and his assistants. Let’s blame CH and the players though, much simpler to go for a knee jerk.

This, on another day we could’ve scored 5 (if you include the 2 missed penalty decisions).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This, on another day we could’ve scored 5 (if you include the 2 missed penalty decisions).

My biggest frustration today with our attacking was that nearly all the crosses came from Bong and they were ALL shit as far I remember.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton

Yep 1 win in 11 and free fall since Christmas, ‘knee jerk’

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne

I'll agree for their first goal. For their second, it was absolutely inept defending and poor keeping. It was 2 v 5.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Unlucky lads. Some unbelievable bad luck (penalty not given, Dunks slip, poor refereeing) but otherwise a decent performance that the scoreline doesn't reflect.

I can definitely take some positives out of today. :drink:

TBH I think we've played well in our last three and we've been unlucky not to have taken more points from them. But what's done is done. We've got a nice run coming up now, lets put this blip behind us and crack on.

Up the Albion.

wind up. we were shite and not much better against Watford. Two bang average teams.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I think your letting the fact that we created a couple of chances early cloud your judgement
Defending - shocking. 7 goals shipped against 2 poor sides in the league recently. Individual mistakes on the 1st 2 goals and the defending despite a bad decision going against us for the penalty you still have to defend properly and we didn’t and were punished.
Midfield bar maybe Propper poor. Couldn’t work space 2 v 3 and not crisp enough. Grob and Stephens in the same midfield isn’t mobile enough. Bissouma should start
Wingers crossing poor movement poor not sure anyone can beat a man
Murray isolated pulling wide leaving no one in the box at all

Overall slow and ponderous and we didn’t want it enough
We are in a relegation scrap but are not fighting like it. Our mindset needs to change or before long we will be in the bottom 3

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Generally I agree but our finishing is absolutely disgraceful has to improve.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Because we regularly score 5....

No, we don’t regularly scre 5. However to my memory Heaton made 2 world class saves, there was the clearance off the line and the two missed penalty decisions, oh and we did actually score 1... so maybe on another day, with the Gods on our side, we could actually have scored 6...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Unlucky lads. Some unbelievable bad luck (penalty not given, Dunks slip, poor refereeing) but otherwise a decent performance that the scoreline doesn't reflect.

I can definitely take some positives out of today. :drink:

TBH I think we've played well in our last three and we've been unlucky not to have taken more points from them. But what's done is done. We've got a nice run coming up now, lets put this blip behind us and crack on.

Up the Albion.

Yes, some unbelievable bad luck. Dunk's slip and one definite penalty not given, and one other strong claim. And we forced some good saves from their keeper - although March's shot from Locadia's pass was too close to him. He should have buried it.

On the other hand, our defending for their second goal was dreadful. What was Montoya doing? In fact, what was Montoya doing for most of the game? Ryan could have done better too.

There were several spells when we simply didn't match Burnley's physicality. I laughed when I heard Klopp describe us as a physical side before we played them because one or two of our players couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding. We were slow, lethargic, undynamic, predictable. Knockaert improved things a little, but I wonder why we spent all that money on Ali J when we really needed another central striker and someone in midfield with some leadership qualities.. .

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We. Just. Aren't. Good enough.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here