Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
So, not mentioned in the referees report, which is why he's been charged.

What was the report? "I'm useless and can only see out of one eye" Or "I don't want to admit that I got it wrong so let someone else sort it"?

Either way, surely the referee is at fault.

The whole system of retrospective punishment makes no sense when Mings has got away with something that would get you sent down if you weren't on a football pitch but "the referee saw it".

So in that case he saw it and got it completely wrong. In Andone's case the ref got it completely wrong by "not seeing it" despite it being straight in front of him. What's the difference please?

Total bollocks.

Has anyone ever seen a referee's report. What is it - is it a blow-by-blow account of the 90 minutes as far as he can remember. Or just an account of bookings, sending-off's, goals, and so on. For instance, last night's incident, would he put something like 'coming together of a few players in front of me - didn't see anything wrong'? Surely not, because there will be a hundred incidents where he 'didn't see anything wrong'. If he wrote 'Andone, possible elbow - okay in my view', fair enough - but merely not mentioning something doesn't mean he didn't see it. I don't mention every car I pass on the way home - because it's normal. Are they lengthy? And so on. I'd be interested to know if anyone does know.

I've had a look online, but the only guidance I can find is 'misconduct reports', and obviously if the ref thinks there was no misconduct, he won't mention it. Which strikes me as a bit of a circular argument really - and the only way a ban could be avoided would be if the ref did see something and awarded a free kick or yellow card or something. But even if he awarded a free-kick, I doubt if he'd remember after the match all the reasons why.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really hope Locadia gets the nod over Gyorkeres, especially now Ali J is back and we have three genuine wingers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So, not mentioned in the referees report, which is why he's been charged.

What was the report? "I'm useless and can only see out of one eye" Or "I don't want to admit that I got it wrong so let someone else sort it"?

Either way, surely the referee is at fault.

The whole system of retrospective punishment makes no sense when Mings has got away with something that would get you sent down if you weren't on a football pitch but "the referee saw it".

So in that case he saw it and got it completely wrong. In Andone's case the ref got it completely wrong by "not seeing it" despite it being straight in front of him. What's the difference please?

Total bollocks.

[tweet]1093580591633756162[/tweet]

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As Locadia is only possible replacement if Murray gets injured maybe consideration should be given to leaving him out of starting team i

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Laughable to suggest the referee didn't see it - watch the footage and he is clearly looking directly at the players involved, about ten yards away.

He'll get a ban though for sure. Nailed on.

In fairness, the referee is turning towards the passage of the ball and does not have a full sight of Andone. I can see how the incident itself may have not been clear for him.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I want us to have a nasty side to our game, the same as other teams. What gets me is at half time we walk off the pitch, but a lot of the time you see the referee walking off being hounded by the opposition captain. We need Bruno or Dunk there listening to what is being said or explaining that the ref had made a wrong decision.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
No point in everyone getting kickers in a twist over it.

Accept the ban. He stayed on the pitch. Scored the equaliser and we are in next round of the Cup. Could have been so much worse if he had got sent off

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Hope he gets a ban. accepts it and move on afterwards. He is a player who can play an important part for us this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here