Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
**** knows what Trachys are, but the Met Office have issued a weather warning for snbow Tuesday night into Wednesday.

It covers our area apart from the coastal parts.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2019-01-27

View attachment 104121

I think that this is the Metoffice covering their own arses just in case there is a flurry or two here or there. By the sounds of things we are in for a cold fairly miserable spell with the odd dusting here and there but certainly no guaranteed Dumps.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think that this is the Metoffice covering their own arses just in case there is a flurry or two here or there. By the sounds of things we are in for a cold fairly miserable spell with the odd dusting here and there but certainly no guaranteed Dumps.

cold rain is NAILED on (at times)

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Nice selection of Trachys there! I only have fortunei, wagnerianus and a takil. Have killed a relatively small martianus (which was lovely, sob). Don't want to go way off topic, but do you 'do' other exotics?

When it comes to talking 'exotics', you always have a concern for snow!
I've all the usual stuff, musas, ensete, a range of bamboo, hedychiums, various ground ferns, only one dicksonia(squarrosa) and a growing collection of zantedeschia.
I'm slowly replacing the 'norm' with palms.....won't get rid of all my hebes, though

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
When it comes to talking 'exotics', you always have a concern for snow!
I've all the usual stuff, musas, ensete, a range of bamboo, hedychiums, various ground ferns, only one dicksonia(squarrosa) and a growing collection of zantedeschia.
I'm slowly replacing the 'norm' with palms.....won't get rid of all my hebes, though

My Albizia julibrissin is romping as are my two Trachys, near the seafront in Brighton.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A long but informative video by Gavin... if you really like weather forecasting.

Or for those who just want the headlines:

[tweet]1089994415811248128[/tweet]

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Or for those who just want the headlines:

[tweet]1089994415811248128[/tweet][/QUOTE]

Who is Sam Wes ?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Will be up to 12 inches (no jokes please) here by the end of the evening. Lovely stuff.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So what's the latest from the weather experts today?
Should we be taking our skis with us to Putney?
Should we expect to not make it home to dear old Sussex?
If we get back will we have to dig to get to our front door?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here