Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

My boss... a leaver... was just telling me that the technology was there. Asked him why we havnt been told this, and why isnt it working already, as they have had plenty of time to implement it.... told me to get on with work :lol:

I would have sacked ya. :hilton::bla::drama:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I did when the British citizens were being deported and locked up due to the Windrush documents being destroyed by order of Theresa May when she was Home Office minister and creating her hostile environment..

You know which thread to go to then

I know of a French lady in Shoreham who produced all the right documentation and has had it rejected, so please don't try to tell me they are not being rejected.

Sounds like she was asked to produce additional information, such as others have been, considering no applications have been rejected.
What is the current status of her ongoing application?
Settled status granted? Pre-settled status granted? Still ongoing with the Settlement Resolution Centre?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Jan 30, 2008
Mods have really let themselves down on this one. You’d think at least a warning to stop signing off as DR.
I can only assume the wish to keep him on here to witness his meltdown on the 31st October and the following weeks. If he can still afford broadband :)

I'm off on hols shortly thanks no.need to worry about Broadband clump
Regards
DR

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Boris

We have to have an arrangement that allows the whole UK to come out of the EU and have frictionless trade at the border in Northern Ireland. There are lots of ways that we can make sure that happens.

No answers. Again.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
One for those among our number who claim getting Settled Status is a piece of piss...

[TWEET]1164812223614558208[/TWEET]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One for those among our number who claim getting Settled Status is a piece of piss...

[TWEET]1164812223614558208[/TWEET]

There are many more like this, but our friend said, it's all ok they only have to keep reapplying.

As for the personal circumstances of my French friend, I will not go into details here.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Boris

No answers. Again.

I recently read a piece by Rachel Johnson in which she said that her brother always thinks things through two or three moves ahead, like a chess player. I wonder if we are finally seeing evidence of that.

He is due to come under serious parliamentary pressure at the beginning of September (probably on the actual 80th anniversary of WW2 starting) when a motion of no confidence could be moved. Whatever the chances were of that succeeding, they may well have been reduced by Merkel/Macron's 30-days-to-come-up-with-a-backstop-alternative.

Johnson will argue that it is irresponsible to bring down the government during the 30 day period, given that it might end with a solution to the problem and then, potentially, a deal. MPs should wait, he will cry. Why upset the applecart when the prize is nigh?

No worry if it all proves to be a chimera. By the end of September it will be too late to stop a no-deal Brexit.

I'm not conspiracy theorist, so this may all be rubbish. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I recently read a piece by Rachel Johnson in which she said that her brother always thinks things through two or three moves ahead, like a chess player. I wonder if we are finally seeing evidence of that.

He is due to come under serious parliamentary pressure at the beginning of September (probably on the actual 80th anniversary of WW2 starting) when a motion of no confidence could be moved. Whatever the chances were of that succeeding, they may well have been reduced by Merkel/Macron's 30-days-to-come-up-with-a-backstop-alternative.

Johnson will argue that it is irresponsible to bring down the government during the 30 day period, given that it might end with a solution to the problem and then, potentially, a deal. MPs should wait, he will cry. Why upset the applecart when the prize is nigh?

No worry if it all proves to be a chimera. By the end of September it will be too late to stop a no-deal Brexit.

I'm not conspiracy theorist, so this may all be rubbish. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I agree, but not from any position of holding any great insights. I also think he has another great quality: he is simply lucky. He has somehow got away with it and become Prime Minister. This in itself is absolutely bloody amazing and the culmination of many huge slices of luck. It could well be that he is even lucky enough to GET A DEAL. I don't know how, but I'm not ruling it out. I know that the Brexiteers narrative has always said the EU will 'crumble' and while there's been no evidence of this yet, I think that there might well be some internal pressures bubbling up from beneath Merkel and Macron (after all their economies are not exactly steaming full ahead) and there's also the impact of a no deal on the RoI which would be catastrophic in both political (border/Good Friday Agreement) and economic terms. (As it would be for NI.)

I now admit to being totally bamboozled by just about everything that's been going on it the world for a while (Brexit, Trump, Brazil - the country not the Talksport idiot), so who knows what will happen next?

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Germany 'warns Britain its food producers might not bother exporting to the UK after a No-Deal Brexit over fears there could be chaos getting across borders'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...00&jumpTo=comment-454979393#comment-454979393

Someone in the comments said, we lived on spuds and rabbit after the war we can do it again.

I replied said "Why do we think it's preferable to eat rabbits and spuds than to remain part of the EU. Such a stupid attitude." and got loads of down votes :lolol:

Can you even argue with such sheer stupidity?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
As we all know £350 million is the gross figure, and never leaves the Treasury, but it is still quoted three years later.

Dreadful isn't it?We all know it's £373 million nowadays.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Nice bit of whataboutism.

I don't believe I have ever insulted you, despite being insulted by you myself, and I certainly haven't used any of the terms you quote, but If I have I apologise. I certainly wouldn't want you to waste your time trying to find an instance of me using these terms to you that you could then quote.

I notice that you still avoid the point of my post though. You still can't give the briefest outline of the 'good deal' you prefer, and you can't explain how 'no deal' would work without operational and economically disastrous results, or how we overcome the completely impossible issues of stopping freedom of movement on 31st Oct and how we begin trade negotiations from a position of the whole world having Tariff-free access.

The reason you have 'your own fan club' is because you are not an idiot like Ppf etc, and I believe you understand exactly what is happening. Yet you still push this agenda that, if it were successful (and it won't be) would cause millions less capable and well off than yourself to suffer horrendously. Do you not feel any responsibility to those people ?

Why do you keep pushing the lies of a 'good deal' and 'no deal'. Or maybe can you explain why they are not lies as described above ?

(The fact that I may, at some point in my past, have supplied the Government with paperclips or teabags does seem to rankle with yourself and Two profs though :wink:)

Don't flatter yourself fatboy.The only things about you that rankle with me are your refusal to answer questions,and your disgusting nail-chewing habit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here