Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Nah, I think it was the right decision for Hughton to go (BLASPHEMY!!).
I do agree that our squad looks crap though.

Agree. Unless there's significant strengthening to come I fear we could quite easily be relegated. Been so disappointing this window. Our squad as it stands gives me very little confidence

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’ve absolutely no doubt we’re going down. I thought that we would last season way before the new year and am still amazed how we didn’t. This league is big big boys cash. Our pocket money just doesn’t cut it sadly.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Agree. Unless there's significant strengthening to come I fear we could quite easily be relegated. Been so disappointing this window. Our squad as it stands gives me very little confidence

Nor should it. Of all the teams that stayed up last season we’re the worst, the squad had not been improved in any way and Barber has already been in the media saying the prices are too high, not expecting much from the transfer window or the season in general

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Pull yourselves together, have you forgotten where we were in January? We were 13th looking likely to get a mid table finish, until the wheels fell off and Chris decided to try to defend our way to survival.

This squad is good enough to stay up already, and we still have more arrivals coming.

One preseason defeat and the white flags are out already.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Lol. They struck massively lucky with Mahrez, they paid £450k for him and he had had a remarkably average career up to that point, pretty sure he was rattling around in the Leicester stiffs for a year before making a first team appearance. He was a lucky punt that turned to gold, I seriously doubt he was bought to replace Knockaert.
That's true. Leicester apparently "gazumped" The Mighty St Mirren in the signing of Mahrez

LVGull

May 13, 2016
I’ve absolutely no doubt we’re going down. I thought that we would last season way before the new year and am still amazed how we didn’t. This league is big big boys cash. Our pocket money just doesn’t cut it sadly.

One pre season game in and you are already negative??? [MENTION=33965]FatSuperman[/MENTION] please give this person some advice ffs.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Never claimed to know anything, just stating my opinion. I appreciate you’re clearly worried about the financial outlook of the club, I’m not convinced personally that saving £2.5m in wages is worth it when regarding a player than can make a difference and win us points. Many thanks for your pompous reply.

Your most welcome, so we should pay somebody ist team wages that the manager may not want to play. Sorry if i seemed pompous.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Pull yourselves together, have you forgotten where we were in January? We were 13th looking likely to get a mid table finish, until the wheels fell off and Chris decided to try to defend our way to survival.

This squad is good enough to stay up already, and we still have more arrivals coming.

One preseason defeat and the white flags are out already.

I'm not sure that I agree. Our performances didn't merit the results that we were achieving in the period up until Christmas last year, and we were very lucky to get those (undeserved) points in the bag early on. We were incredibly efficient at converting our chances during that period, but it wasn't as if we were peppering the opposition's goal with loads of opportunities.

While I accept that Hughton has to shoulder a lot of the responsibility for negative tactics, he really didn't have a great deal of quality to work with - and that is what concerns many of those posting on this thread.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
For all the folk who keep saying this is a good sell for football reasons, how do you justify the appalling price we’re selling at?

In today’s hyper inflated market we’re practically giving the best player in the championship away.

Please justify that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. Why is he going for such a knock-down price? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think it will come back and bite us if it goes through and thought he could do better playing a more attacking game. Very strange, maybe he talked himself out of the job.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nah, I think it was the right decision for Hughton to go (BLASPHEMY!!).
I do agree that our squad looks crap though.
Yep gonna be a long season now the transfer window has slammed shut.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon he hinted at a move away in May.

This stuck out at the time : "This will always be the main club in my life no matter what my career holds in the future, I will not find a better club than this. They’ve done so much for me, it will always remain a great club that did everything to make me happy."

I did wonder if he knew he was off when he said that, and bookmarked the quote.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/may/knockaert-this-will-always-be-my-club/

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

This stuck out at the time : "This will always be the main club in my life no matter what my career holds in the future, I will not find a better club than this. They’ve done so much for me, it will always remain a great club that did everything to make me happy."

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/may/knockaert-this-will-always-be-my-club/

Maybe he didn't want to stay after Chris was sacked?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

I see what you mean. This has been on the cards for some time then. Still doesn’t make it the right thing for our club tho’...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
A loan move doesn't make too much sense to me as we could use the sale money to help strengthen the squad! Knocky may not be a regular in the team for us this season, but he's one of the few players we have that could change a game as an impact player. I would happily do a player exchange plus cash for anyone of 3 or 4 Fulham players, cairney, mitrovic, etc but £15 million only buys you a bog standard player these days, and Knocky is better than bog standard!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here