Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ollie McBurnie

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
We want players that can score in the Premier League, not the Championship. Some quality would make a nice change.

We need a step up, not several steps backwards or sideways.

Didn’t do Bournemouth any harm when they signed Callum Wilson or David Brookes - why assume signing Championship players would be backwards or sideways steps ? We all know how good and strong a league the Championship is and i’d say players who have proven themselves in that league are less of a gamble than signing foreign players from say the Dutch league !

I assume you’d rather us sign Wilfred Bony because he’s played in the EPL even though he hasn’t cut it in the Championship !

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Oli McBurnie has had regular sickness bugs that have caused him to miss matches regularly. Whether's it's Crohn's disease or something else, it's pure speculation. Four times he's been ill in 2019 so far.

He's top quality and would be a brilliant signing.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If you play to a strikers strengths, they'll get you goals. Very much in the Andone mould. Yes from me

Although a striker I'd say that Andone is very different from McBurnie. The latter along with Glenn Murray is a target man, good in the air. Not one of Florin Andone's greatest attributes.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Didn’t do Bournemouth any harm when they signed Callum Wilson or David Brookes - why assume signing Championship players would be backwards or sideways steps ? We all know how good and strong a league the Championship is and i’d say players who have proven themselves in that league are less of a gamble than signing foreign players from say the Dutch league !

I assume you’d rather us sign Wilfred Bony because he’s played in the EPL even though he hasn’t cut it in the Championship !

Agreed. Plus of course, proven Premier League goalscorers that are availble for transfer are few and far between, and would cost us an absolute fortune We all know that Tony Bloom won't pay a penny over what he thinks a player is really worth.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
McBurnie is a modern day Steve Claridge.

Scruffy, dresses like a sack of shit, looks like the clumsiest footballer you've ever seen. Seems to know where the goal is, however, so I can't quite work out whether he'd be any good or not. He doesn't scream Premier League to me, but hey, stranger things have happened.

He's from Yorkshire originally, so it may be that Sheffield United is actually a plausible option for him.

Forget Dan James. He'll go to United, I'm pretty sure.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
McBurnie is a modern day Steve Claridge.

Scruffy, dresses like a sack of shit, looks like the clumsiest footballer you've ever seen. Seems to know where the goal is, however, so I can't quite work out whether he'd be any good or not. He doesn't scream Premier League to me, but hey, stranger things have happened.

He's from Yorkshire originally, so it may be that Sheffield United is actually a plausible option for him.

Forget Dan James. He'll go to United, I'm pretty sure.

Although Alan Nixon has suggested on Twitter that United will buy James and loan him to us for the season. I don't actually believe that Nixon has any credibility here, given that Potter hasn't even been formally announced as our manager as yet, but stranger things have happened.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Although Alan Nixon has suggested on Twitter that United will buy James and loan him to us for the season. I don't actually believe that Nixon has any credibility here, given that Potter hasn't even been formally announced as our manager as yet, but stranger things have happened.

I know the thread you're referring to, and I don't think he's suggesting that, if you read it again. He's saying United are buying him to play.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I might have misunderstood, but I think Nixon has since clarified that the plans he was referring to was for United to play James, not to loan him out.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Oli McBurnie has had regular sickness bugs that have caused him to miss matches regularly. Whether's it's Crohn's disease or something else, it's pure speculation. Four times he's been ill in 2019 so far.

Sounds like he needs to come and take in the fresh sea airs of Brighton and Hove then, like some sickly Victorian child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I might have misunderstood, but I think Nixon has since clarified that the plans he was referring to was for United to play James, not to loan him out.

Apologies, both you and [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] are correct. Nixon clarified this with a later tweet. (First one was confusing though)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Would be an excellent signing and I think we could get him for under £10m.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What makes you so sure we could get him for that price?

Major financial problems at Swansea, maybe I am being slightly ambitious and it’s be closer to £15m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here