Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for a Hughton to step down

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's wrong generally but right in one thing: CH's obvious plan is to go for 40 points and then presumably relax. Wouldn't you for the kind of money he's on? I keep hoping that once we get there (?) we might see some adventurous attacking football. And suggesting replacing him with loser Pardew or that clown Hughes is nonsense. In my book they'd both struggle to run a decent sized car wash.

Once we get to 40, assuming we do, it will be close to the end of the season and we have a tough last few games (again!) the last six games include away at Tottenham, Arsenal and Wolves and home to Bournemouth, Newcastle and Man City. All of those will be tough games, especially if teams are involved at the top or bottom, all but two are at the moment. I agree CH will not throw caution to the wind in those games, there won’t be any relaxing. The players might, if we are safe, so we could get some stuffings.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's wrong generally but right in one thing: CH's obvious plan is to go for 40 points and then presumably relax. Wouldn't you for the kind of money he's on? I keep hoping that once we get there (?) we might see some adventurous attacking football. And suggesting replacing him with loser Pardew or that clown Hughes is nonsense. In my book they'd both struggle to run a decent sized car wash.

Yes and Mussolini got the trains to run on time. Does that make him not a ****?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Are the Hughton-out brigade a bit happier with him today?

They froze first half, nothing manager can do if tension grips the side. He got them in though and whatever was said, instructed, talked about at HT we were transformed in the 2nd half and could and should have won by more. Got the subs spot on too, nice and early for Andone.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I love the bounce of a moronic thread to highlight all the bedwetters we have

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is it time for Hughton to step down?

When he was given the job i remember fans of other teams he'd managed saying that he was a boring/defensive/uncreative manager.

He's done a good job getting us to where we are now, but i can't ever see him being able to kick on as he is incapable of putting a team out to win a game, seeming rather to favour the defensive, pass it backwards and sideways shit that we are being served up at the moment.

I feel we should have sacked him and gone for Ranieri when he was available, or perhaps Pardew or Hughes if they'd want the job.

After yesterday's shenanigans, I think he should DEFIANTLY go :dunce:

#HughesIn

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
It’s time. Great job but negative tactics are killing us.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes. Please, please, please step down, you have been a legend but you are now clueless and losing the fans. Please go, keep your dignity.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
It’s time. Great job but negative tactics are killing us.

It's the first time I've said this, but I now agree. Enough. Love the bloke and what he's done for us, but I just don't think he knows how to approach these sorts of games in the PL.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
In defence of hughton he is playing with the cards he has been dealt.
Does anyone really think izquierdo, locadia, andone, aj, bissouma etc are up to standing toe to toe with most prem teams?
Our key players remain some of those who got us promoted. None of our big signings have surpassed expectations, most have fallen below.

That all said, a mutual and respectful parting of ways at the end of the season may not be a bad thing. It has gone stale.

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Sad to say it, but I think the time for change is here.

Whatever may or may not happen between now and the end of the season, we've looked flat, uninspired and with no Plan B (barely even a Plan A on some occasions) for a while now. It looks like a team and squad in absolutely dire need of a new approach and some new ideas and I sadly don't think CH is the man to provide them.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Totally agree.
Thanks what what you e done Chris but we all need to move on.
Please don’t slam the door on the way out

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
In defence of hughton he is playing with the cards he has been dealt.
Does anyone really think izquierdo, locadia, andone, aj, bissouma etc are up to standing toe to toe with most prem teams?
Our key players remain some of those who got us promoted. None of our big signings have surpassed expectations, most have fallen below.

And he brought all of them in. It’s all on his shoulders

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
And he brought all of them in. It’s all on his shoulders

Not sure exactly how it works with the recruitment team, but it’s defo not 100% hughtons call .
There are bods on computers all day, scouring world football and unearthing top talents ....like locadia and aj

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Not sure exactly how it works with the recruitment team, but it’s defo not 100% hughtons call .
There are bods on computers all day, scouring world football and unearthing top talents ....like locadia and aj

But he can decide how to set up the team regardless. I’m sure Hughton has at least some say in who comes in....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here