Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Personally I don't like non Albion things on here - however our club do have a number of European players so it's a link - a weak one I grant you .
Anyway last chance to go on a shouty march tomorrow if that's the way you feel - or maybe go along and shout at the shouty march - if that's the way YOU feel .

Time to sort these idiots out - whichever way you voted

So go - the more the merrier https://www.peoples-vote.uk/
Ah - The "People Who Didn't Like the Result of the Previous People's Vote march." Still, I suppose calling it the People's Vote is a snappier, if misleading, title.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I'm almost sure we had a peoples vote 3yrs. ago.

Yup...that's the one! Except those that didn't like the result when "the people" voted in 2016 live in a parallel universe where it was unicorns and leprechauns that voted then and that's why "the people" now need to have a say!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'll be there :)

True - we did have a vote three years ago. The point of the "People's Vote" is that, now we know the deal on offer, we should be able to vote on SPECIFICS. To be objective about this, the reason we are in such a mess is that no-one really knew what Brexit meant in 2016. We now have a much clearer idea, and it seems only right to put the specific deal to the people. And if we vote for that deal, then Remainers (like me) should absolutely accept the result. My suspicion is that the real objections to a Peoples Vote come from those who realise Theresa May's deal is crap, and that a second referendum will expose that fact. According to the polls, only around a third of people support the PM's deal. Not a great mandate to force it on the country, is it?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The ratio of Anti-Brexit protestors to Pro-Brexit marchers is 7,000:1

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1108852998774632449[/TWEET]

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Nooooo. There is too much shouting at people.

Make sure you don't confuse it with one of those red-faced Brexiteer marches.

The October gathering in favour of a confirmation vote was a vast but gentle affair. It was a bit unkind to call it the longest Waitress queue in history but it was as well-mannered as any John Lewis checkout - there were even people picking up litter. If there was a median age I would put it around the mid-40s but there were a lot either side of that among the 600,000-plus. If there was a general mood it was one of quiet regret and an intention not to give up.

The End Is Nige as one banner said.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Yup...that's the one! Except those that didn't like the result when "the people" voted in 2016 live in a parallel universe where it was unicorns and leprechauns that voted then and that's why "the people" now need to have a say!

The referendum voted leave and that needs to be honoured but no one voted how we should leave be that a hard Brexit Mrs Mays Brexit, Labours Brexit or what ever and it's those things that need testing in a people's vote and I was one who voted remain

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Unless May and her ERG bosses try some dirty tricks it looks like 29th March will be removed from law, *no deal* Dystopia Day set back to April 12th ( and maybe further ), and this thread title can be changed to reflect the new reality.

:rock:

Perhaps the Mod who changed it to what it is now can conduct the amendment in a small ceremony involving one or two canapés and the mayor. Maybe a photographer can capture the moment. Was it Giraffe?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Had one in 1974 too, didn’t stop us having another one.

Apparently, democracy has a statute of limitations.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
[TWEET]1108852998774632449[/TWEET]

Ah, we're back to Downfall again: Goebbels this time.

"Don't fool yourself. We didn't force the German people. They gave us a mandate, and now their little throats are being cut!"

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ah - The "People Who Didn't Like the Result of the Previous People's Vote march." Still, I suppose calling it the People's Vote is a snappier, if misleading, title.

If Rachel Stevens offered me a night of passion I'd say "YES. that sounds great. Sign me up!"

If then my doorbell rings and she is there wielding a chainsaw and wearing a T Shirt saying "Mejona's willy cut-off sex party" I wouldn't say "Well, I'm stuck with my original decision now, better go through with it"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If there any evidence at all that these massive marches in London that seem to happen nearly every weekend (at least whenever I visit London, there seems to be a march on for some reason or another) have any influence at all on decision makers?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

I prefer "The Mulligan March" as that is essentially what is being said. "Look you made a right old mess of that so let's think about having another go"

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I'll be there :)

True - we did have a vote three years ago. The point of the "People's Vote" is that, now we know the deal on offer, we should be able to vote on SPECIFICS. To be objective about this, the reason we are in such a mess is that no-one really knew what Brexit meant in 2016. We now have a much clearer idea, and it seems only right to put the specific deal to the people. And if we vote for that deal, then Remainers (like me) should absolutely accept the result. My suspicion is that the real objections to a Peoples Vote come from those who realise Theresa May's deal is crap, and that a second referendum will expose that fact. According to the polls, only around a third of people support the PM's deal. Not a great mandate to force it on the country, is it?

Im all up for it, but if leavers ( like me ) narrowly lose, can we ask for another referendum or have we got to absolutely accept the result ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here