Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Relegation Odds

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
No. The bookies don’t think the chance of us being relegated is greater. The people do. And the weight of their bets changes the price the bookies offer. Have you done gambling before or is it entirely new to you? Help is available.

With those particular jokers the “weight of bets” will probably not have amounted to about £50, maybe less.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
If we beat Palace and go level on points how will our respective odds change from 17/1 and 325/1...???

I'm sure the bookies have it "right" but is hard to understand.
Two things:-
1. Palace are on a good run whereas we patently aren’t
2. Isn’t it implying that 33 points is more or less safe?
IF we were to get a result on Saturday and Cardiff don’t win thier game (which looks like one of their better chances to pick up points), I’d expect our price to move out massively, but Palace’s not to move much at all. I hope to be able to test my prediction come Saturday evening.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Huddersfield 1/2000
Fulham 1/500
Cardiff 1/4
Burnley 4/1
Southampton 10/1
Brighton 33/1
Newcastle 50/1
Palace 80/1

40/1 now 🤭 80E6710E-92CD-408B-A076-C57D117BD990.png

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A punt on Burnley, Southampton, Newcastle and Palace looks good at those odds - if Warnock's Cardiff claw their way to survival, you'd be on a winner. Unfortunately the bookie I'm with online doesn't offer such generous odds!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The odds are now:
Hudd 1/2000
Fulham 1/500
Cardiff 1/2
Burnley 15/4
Stains 20/1
Albion 35/1
Palace 80/1
NUFC 150/1

Newcastle have had a good set of results, Burnley are in deep poo, and another win soon for us will do rather nicely.

12C30817-3AB4-4B53-8E18-1EF44E37F135.png

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The odds are now:
Hudd 1/2000
Fulham 1/500
Cardiff 1/2
Burnley 15/4
Stains 20/1
Albion 35/1
Palace 80/1
NUFC 150/1

Newcastle have had a good set of results, Burnley are in deep poo, and another win soon for us will do rather nicely.

View attachment 105985

Interesting the odds between us and Palace given our last 5 games have netted the same points as them, and we have a game in hand.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The relegation odds seem to move quite irrationally.

On Saturday night, oddschecker had us at 33/1 to go down.
When Cardiff were leading yesterday, we were 16/1.
Now we’re 20/1.

Why the shortening from 33/1 to 20/1, when the only intervening event was rivals Cardiff losing one of their last remaining home games?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
The relegation odds seem to move quite irrationally.

On Saturday night, oddschecker had us at 33/1 to go down.
When Cardiff were leading yesterday, we were 16/1.
Now we’re 20/1.

Why the shortening from 33/1 to 20/1, when the only intervening event was rivals Cardiff losing one of their last remaining home games?

I put a bet on Saturday morning at 33/1 by Saturday evening the odds were down to 16/1. I couldn’t find any bookmaker with longer odds after we had lost. Like it or not it’s between us and Cardiff. Burnley will have a big say in it. We need Burnley to beat Cardiff and for us to not lose to them. Cardiff need to beat Burnley, us and Fulham to have any chance of survival. Palace are better away from home and I do see them getting anything from the Manchester clubs or Liverpool. If we can’t pick up 5 points from Bournemouth, Cardiff,Wolves and Newcastle then we don’t deserve to stay up. Personally I can’t see Cardiff getting more then 7 points from their remaining games given them 35 points. So we need 3 points for safety.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I put a bet on Saturday morning at 33/1 by Saturday evening the odds were down to 16/1. I couldn’t find any bookmaker with longer odds after we had lost. Like it or not it’s between us and Cardiff. Burnley will have a big say in it. We need Burnley to beat Cardiff and for us to not lose to them. Cardiff need to beat Burnley, us and Fulham to have any chance of survival. Palace are better away from home and I do see them getting anything from the Manchester clubs or Liverpool. If we can’t pick up 5 points from Bournemouth, Cardiff,Wolves and Newcastle then we don’t deserve to stay up. Personally I can’t see Cardiff getting more then 7 points from their remaining games given them 35 points. So we need 3 points for safety.

I don’t have an opinion or “like” on the subject of bookies odds. Agreed, the relegation battle is between Burnley, Cardiff and us. Stains look better now, with a good midfield and their quality PL players are finding form. We’re not out of it, but we simply need a home win or two.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I put a bet on Saturday morning at 33/1 by Saturday evening the odds were down to 16/1. I couldn’t find any bookmaker with longer odds after we had lost. Like it or not it’s between us and Cardiff. Burnley will have a big say in it.
The bookies disagree about it being just us and Cardiff in the mix. Best odds for Burnley to get relegated are 13/2, whereas you can still get 20s on us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here