Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Duffy

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
In a 3CB formation, he works really well as Dunk and Webster like a forage forward, and oppo don't know what to do with a CB running at them. Leaves two CB's at the back. Not so good in a 4 at back though

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I am not saying Duffy is mistake free, some have Bern terrible e.g. Huddersfield at home with cramp ba k pass. What I am saying is that he adds a physical presence that none of the other defenders (including Dunk) do. Some games e.g. Burnley you need strong CBs to challenge their robust play. Also playing out from the back doesn't work when opposition are good for a high press. CH was criticised because he didn't have a plan B , potter has a different plan a but again not sure he has a real plan b , I.e. he brings on similar players to tinker with plan a rather than change game style. Personally prefer to have different style players around. I would like to see Ben White back, he has done well at Leeds so time to take next step up.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Duffy not going anywhere. Arsenal sniffing around a centre back of ours and it's not Dunk, nor Duffy.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No not him. Believe it or not one of our regulars not someone on loan. Some on here would drive him there.

That's all I am saying
I saw a while back that they may be interested in Webster.

The pitchfork mob could chase him up there.

I hope the rumour is nonsense.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Sad if true, I still can not fathom why people dislike him.

As you say the pitchfork mob sums them up, probably the same lot that still throw stones at the moon.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
No not him. Believe it or not one of our regulars not someone on loan. Some on here would drive him there.

That's all I am saying

Will never happen according to the experts. Not only is he nowhere near good enough for us, apparently Potter is too stubborn and full of pride to stop playing him. He'll never let him go.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

1AFC59DC-D43D-4871-8ED4-DBE94555E967.gif

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
There is an article online by Total Football Analysis about Adam Webster being of possible interest to Arsenal.
Google 'Total Football Analysis Adam Webster' and there is loads of it........a scout's perspective on his suitability to play in Arteta's team.
Makes interesting reading and would make some of the Webster haters choke on their proverbial cornflakes!:D

Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

He’s a good fit for Arsenal.

Confident, ball-playing centre-half prone to defensive lapses every game.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sad if true, I still can not fathom why people dislike him.

As you say the pitchfork mob sums them up, probably the same lot that still throw stones at the moon.

Always out of position. Cant head the ball (defensively), cant tackle and generally a weak physical presence.

Plus as Merry Prankster said on the radio his attitude after Bmths 3rd stank.

But because of one run out of defence people think he is Der Kaiser.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There is an article online by Total Football Analysis about Adam Webster being of possible interest to Arsenal.
Google 'Total Football Analysis Adam Webster' and there is loads of it........a scout's perspective .on his suitability to play in Arteta's team.
Makes interesting reading and would make some of the Webster haters choke on their proverbial cornflakes!:D

I will drive him there myself.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here