Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Best arrested

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
George Best arrested

Best made a television pledge never to drink again
Soccer legend George Best was arrested on Saturday after an incident at a hotel.
A 31-year-old man was also arrested at the Chequers Hotel in Walton on the Hill, Tadworth, Surrey, at about 1730 BST.

Surrey police said both men were arrested on suspicion of assault causing actual bodily harm and taken to Reigate police station but were later released without charge.

A police spokesman said: "No further action is envisaged by Surrey police."

George Best, 57, has ridden the rollercoaster of fame and fortune since making his debut for Manchester United in 1963.

He was the first superstar footballer but he turned his back on a top level career within nine years, retiring to a life of alcohol and indulgence at 26.

Best's wife Alex has stood by him through his drinking binges

In 1984 he served two months of a 12-week jail term for drink driving and assault on police.

But he has recently renounced drink after becoming ill - he had a liver transplant last year.

However he admitted it was difficult to stop, continuing even after doctors told him one more drink could kill him.

He was nursed through the major surgery by his wife, Alex, 26 years his junior.

_39270547_george_best203.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cracker of of a wife - why with him who knows but must assume he still has a load of dosh.

gonzo666

Jul 5, 2003
southwick
top man:clap2:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Beach Hut said:
Cracker of of a wife - why with him who knows but must assume he still has a load of dosh.

He just gives her money but i give her what she really needs, good hard sex! :p

(Then i wake up)

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
Someone much more deserving of it like a young kid should have been given that liver transplant rather than someone who has lived the high life and destroyed themselves by personal choice through self abuse.
Livers don't grow on trees; and if you or I had requested a transplant under his circumstances the doctors would have laughed in our faces. As he's started drinking again that liver might just as well have been thrown in the bin.
Having found a wife who seems to care about him a great deal, despite his total selfishness, and unwavering support from friends, family and doctors, he is flicking two fingers up at everyone who has helped him through this phase of his life.
I haven't the slightest shred of sympathy for anything Best has gone through nor will I have if his world falls apart again. :mad:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Can't stand the bloke and the sooner he kicks the bucket the better.
Then his wife can move on to a real man who can get a hard on!:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here