Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Club Brugge v Galatasaray & Olympiakos v Spurs both KO @ 5.55 this evening

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I expect there'll be a cut-and-paste job on here soon.

Doubt it; Bozza is pretty quick to delete any copyright infringement involving The Athletic to save himself any potential legal grief.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Doubt it; Bozza is pretty quick to delete any copyright infringement involving The Athletic to save himself any potential legal grief.

I expect we'll get the gist of it, but to be honest, although it was a bit of a 'WTF' moment when I heard that he'd gone, now that he has actually gone it's history and I'm not really bothered about the 'why'.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Or hasn't done anything to improve Percy's work permit situation.

It might have helped Florin realise the grass isn't always greener. Whether or not you think that's a good thing.

Not too worried about what happens to Andone, but it's a bit of a blow if Percy isn't considered by Club Brugge to be able to make the step up.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Given how long we scouted and tried to sign Andone for - how did he fail the no dickhead policy so badly ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Given how long we scouted and tried to sign Andone for - how did he fail the no dickhead policy so badly ?

One man's dickhead is another man's geezer. It's very subjective - I get the general gist of what they meant by it but you need all types of characters in a dressing room. If it becomes an echo chamber of everyone being very pleasant and polite with each other, the team is inevitably going to fall short of what it could achieve.

As a case study, Arsenal once Patrick Vieira left. From the outside looking in, it seemed to become very nice and friendly but without anyone really having the balls to challenge the players to improve and to actually win something. In our case, I hope we have a few edgy characters prepared to tell the forwards to take the chances created for them and to tell Maty Ryan to get back to the standards of the first season.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I expect we'll get the gist of it, but to be honest, although it was a bit of a 'WTF' moment when I heard that he'd gone, now that he has actually gone it's history and I'm not really bothered about the 'why'.

Yep I'm sure we'll get the gist of it here too. I am curious to know what happened myself as a few fans are using Andone's departure as something to criticise the club over. If it turns out Andone wanted to leave and orchestrated the loan then it's hardly the club's fault, to my thinking at least.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One man's dickhead is another man's geezer. It's very subjective - I get the general gist of what they meant by it but you need all types of characters in a dressing room. If it becomes an echo chamber of everyone being very pleasant and polite with each other, the team is inevitably going to fall short of what it could achieve.

As a case study, Arsenal once Patrick Vieira left. From the outside looking in, it seemed to become very nice and friendly but without anyone really having the balls to challenge the players to improve and to actually win something. In our case, I hope we have a few edgy characters prepared to tell the forwards to take the chances created for them and to tell Maty Ryan to get back to the standards of the first season.

You need 7!!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The headline:

Andone: I deserved to play more, I lost my confidence and I don’t want to go back to Brighton

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
The little bit of free info you get on Naylor's twitter feed...

They're paying £625k loan fee and all of his £45k wages

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here