Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Ruiz vs Joshua 2

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I think the opposite, rather than trying to blast him out he has got to keep him on the end of the jab like he did against Parker. Its the same blueprint used so successfully by the likes of Klitschko and Lewis against smaller more mobile fighters.

That's what I reckon will be his tactic. Just sit behind the jab and try to control the fight. He'll lose to the faster hands and stronger chin if he goes in there trying to blast him out. But I still think Ruiz will win unless they get a ref in like they did for the Parker fight who jumps in every time punches start trading. Joshua has been found out. Looks like the skill set of someone with a good amateur pedigree who was fighting grown men whilst still a kid and has a very good chin, exposes all of Joshua's weaknesses.

I won't be bothered if Joshua does lose. His personality is as fake and bland as the meat in a McDonalds burger. You'd have to be pretty stupid to have believed in all the "stay humble" shit he and Hearn were making millions out of. They were too focused on conning the public with all these PPV events using the good guy crap as the platform. Fury on the other hand chooses to be honest and real and yet the fools who got sucked into believing the Joshua facade were using anything to attack Fury including views he shares with the Pope. Fury's now got the legendary statues and the love from the public whilst Joshua now gets the fake cash cow tag. It's great to see how onesty will always shine through in the end.

In truth I was delighted that the cash cow, fake, dull, robotic fighter had his arse beaten all over the ring by a little fat man. Not just because of Joshua but because of his horrible promoter Eddie Hearn who not only tries to grab every penny from the boxing community of fans, but he comes from a family who wanted Brighton kicked out of the football league when we were in dire straits.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Joshua will win.
Expect more and more boxing to be held in rich oil countries.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I disagree, ruiz is a very good counter puncher and ajs defence is pony. It all depends on the ref if he lets them get on with it imo

Boxing has to be one of the only sports where one loss and a boxer becomes pony overnight!

AJ won an olympics, was a unified heavyweight and beat one of the all time greats in Klitschko, he put in a terrible performance against Ruiz but hasn't become a terrible boxer overnight. By the same token Ruiz was exceptional on the night but hadn't exactly being pulling up trees prior to that fight, widely recognised as having quick hands and a chin but unable to punch, 50% of his fight have gone the distance including against the likes of Rapheal Zumbano Love!

Its definitely intriguing fight and a shame its in Saudi as would have loved to have gone.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Fury on the other hand chooses to be honest and real and yet the fools who got sucked into believing the Joshua facade were using anything to attack Fury including views he shares with the Pope. Fury's now got the legendary statues and the love from the public whilst Joshua now gets the fake cash cow tag. It's great to see how onesty will always shine through in the end.

You may not like Joshua's personality but calling Fury honest and real when he has served a back dated ban for steroid use is laughable! If honestly really did shine through in boxing the likes of Fury, Canelo and the other drugs cheats would be treated the same as they are in other sports rather than it being brushed under the table.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Boxing has to be one of the only sports where one loss and a boxer becomes pony overnight!

AJ won an olympics, was a unified heavyweight and beat one of the all time greats in Klitschko, he put in a terrible performance against Ruiz but hasn't become a terrible boxer overnight. By the same token Ruiz was exceptional on the night but hadn't exactly being pulling up trees prior to that fight, widely recognised as having quick hands and a chin but unable to punch, 50% of his fight have gone the distance including against the likes of Rapheal Zumbano Love!

Its definitely intriguing fight and a shame its in Saudi as would have loved to have gone.

his defence is pony always has been.
Also if you get the chance, watch the gold medal fight there is no way he desrved to win that.
And people talk about the klitschko fight as being a great win..... klitschko was 40 years old, hadnt fought for 2 years and in his last fight had his arse handed to him by fury in a complete schooling and AJ only just scrapped past him!!!!!
Catch him on his temple and hes a gonna

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
his defence is pony always has been.
Also if you get the chance, watch the gold medal fight there is no way he desrved to win that.
And people talk about the klitschko fight as being a great win..... klitschko was 40 years old, hadnt fought for 2 years and in his last fight had his arse handed to him by fury in a complete schooling and AJ only just scrapped past him!!!!!
Catch him on his temple and hes a gonna

All opinions, I could well make the argument that Klitschko was underprepared for Fury and took him likely whereas he was completely up for it and focused for the Joshua fight.

Fact is that you don't win a gold medal at the olympics win a world heavyweight title, defend it 6 times and become unified champion by fluke and with a pony defence. Could his defence be better? Of course, but on his day he is clearly an exceptional boxer and to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
You may not like Joshua's personality but calling Fury honest and real when he has served a back dated ban for steroid use is laughable! If honestly really did shine through in boxing the likes of Fury, Canelo and the other drugs cheats would be treated the same as they are in other sports rather than it being brushed under the table.

Oh come on. Everyone is on PED's in boxing. Canelo was caught and still got boxer of the year. Picking on Fury for his PED use is just an example of the scapegoating he seems to receive relentlessly by his haters. The man's honest, he doesn't pretend to be someone he's not.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Oh come on. Everyone is on PED's in boxing. Canelo was caught and still got boxer of the year. Picking on Fury for his PED use is just an example of the scapegoating he seems to receive relentlessly by his haters. The man's honest, he doesn't pretend to be someone he's not.

I can’t work out if you are fishing but if not do you know how ridiculous that argument is? Boxing more than any other sport should have a zero tolerance to PED use. How long is it going to be before we a boxer dies in the ring and his opponent tests positive? It’s completely unacceptable in a combat sport setting yet many of the promoter’s trainers, boxing associations are more interested in making money than they are the boxer’s safety.

And nobody is picking on Fury, I made the statement that ALL drug cheats including Canelo should be made an example of to deter others from doing so. In fact far from being made a scapegoat Fury has managed to sweep his drugs use under the table like Canelo has, and position himself as a straight talking honest guy, when athletes in other sports like athletics and cycling who test positive are given long bans and have to carry around the label of cheat for the rest of their careers.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How long is it going to be before we a boxer dies in the ring and his opponent tests positive?
It's a good point, but you can't help but feel that if that happened they'd just not tell anyone.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I can’t work out if you are fishing but if not do you know how ridiculous that argument is? Boxing more than any other sport should have a zero tolerance to PED use. How long is it going to be before we a boxer dies in the ring and his opponent tests positive? It’s completely unacceptable in a combat sport setting yet many of the promoter’s trainers, boxing associations are more interested in making money than they are the boxer’s safety.

And nobody is picking on Fury, I made the statement that ALL drug cheats including Canelo should be made an example of to deter others from doing so. In fact far from being made a scapegoat Fury has managed to sweep his drugs use under the table like Canelo has, and position himself as a straight talking honest guy, when athletes in other sports like athletics and cycling who test positive are given long bans and have to carry around the label of cheat for the rest of their careers.

I understand your point but even boxing trainer Dominic Ingle believes that PED's need to be regulated rather than banned now it has become so common in the sport. His argument is that if we could use PED's to take the human body to its optimum performance level ather than have them used as something to take the body to levels which are beyond a natural level I.E Joshua's rapid and extreme muscle growth, then what is the true danger? The drugs or the sport?

At the moment boxers like AJ who are clearly on PED's don't get caught because of the highly sophisticated masking agent they use, not because they're playing by the rules. Same goes for Dillian Whyte who finally got caught. As if these boxers who get caught only ever used it for that one off occasion when they were caught. Why would Whyte use it for the Rivas fight but not when he fought the likes of AJ, Parker, Chisora etc? That just wouldn't make any sense. Even Deontay Wilder's brother has been caught twice which might even suggest something about Deontay?

In regards to your argument about a death in the ring caused by someone on PED's, Since the Queensberry rules were introduced in 1884, around 500 boxers have died including 22 boxers who died in 1953 alone. Its a brutal sport and if lives are what peoples real concerns are with boxing, it's clear you don't need to be fighting someone on PED's for your life to be in grave danger. Yes the PED's could make the fighter more dangerous but records prove the majority of all deaths in the ring are caused by the sport itself, not the drugs the boxers are on. It was only a few weeks ago Maxim Dadashev was killed in the ring, then just a few days later the Argentinian boxer Santillan was killed in his WBC title fight. Waiting for someone to die in the ring due to fighting someone on PED's will be a ridiculous thing to make a big fuss about when it's the sport itself which is the danger. You can't just ignore the facts and stats that three's been tons and tons of deaths due to boxing once someone dies fighting a PED user.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Clearly some kind of middle ground to apease both fighters, as they both wanted home advantage.

Not sure where I sit with regard the outcome - could be Ruiz simply has AJ’s number, could be Joshua had an off night in NYC and he will obliterate Ruiz in the rematch. God I love heavyweight boxing.

gonna be a blockbuster for sure .......the venue sucks balls on so many levels.....$$$$$$$$ :tosser:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
That's what I reckon will be his tactic. Just sit behind the jab and try to control the fight. He'll lose to the faster hands and stronger chin if he goes in there trying to blast him out. But I still think Ruiz will win unless they get a ref in like they did for the Parker fight who jumps in every time punches start trading. Joshua has been found out. Looks like the skill set of someone with a good amateur pedigree who was fighting grown men whilst still a kid and has a very good chin, exposes all of Joshua's weaknesses.

I won't be bothered if Joshua does lose. His personality is as fake and bland as the meat in a McDonalds burger. You'd have to be pretty stupid to have believed in all the "stay humble" shit he and Hearn were making millions out of. They were too focused on conning the public with all these PPV events using the good guy crap as the platform. Fury on the other hand chooses to be honest and real and yet the fools who got sucked into believing the Joshua facade were using anything to attack Fury including views he shares with the Pope. Fury's now got the legendary statues and the love from the public whilst Joshua now gets the fake cash cow tag. It's great to see how onesty will always shine through in the end.

In truth I was delighted that the cash cow, fake, dull, robotic fighter had his arse beaten all over the ring by a little fat man. Not just because of Joshua but because of his horrible promoter Eddie Hearn who not only tries to grab every penny from the boxing community of fans, but he comes from a family who wanted Brighton kicked out of the football league when we were in dire straits.

bang on sir...!!

seagull1970

Apr 7, 2019

You sound really bitter about AJ. Fury’s borefest against Klitschko averaged 5 punches a round zzzzzz. Tyson is the more gifted boxer I grant you that but AJ has done brilliantly without needing to make continuous snide comments like Tyson. Give credit to AJ.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I understand your point but even boxing trainer Dominic Ingle believes that PED's need to be regulated rather than banned now it has become so common in the sport. His argument is that if we could use PED's to take the human body to its optimum performance level ather than have them used as something to take the body to levels which are beyond a natural level I.E Joshua's rapid and extreme muscle growth, then what is the true danger? The drugs or the sport?

At the moment boxers like AJ who are clearly on PED's don't get caught because of the highly sophisticated masking agent they use, not because they're playing by the rules. Same goes for Dillian Whyte who finally got caught. As if these boxers who get caught only ever used it for that one off occasion when they were caught. Why would Whyte use it for the Rivas fight but not when he fought the likes of AJ, Parker, Chisora etc? That just wouldn't make any sense. Even Deontay Wilder's brother has been caught twice which might even suggest something about Deontay?

In regards to your argument about a death in the ring caused by someone on PED's, Since the Queensberry rules were introduced in 1884, around 500 boxers have died including 22 boxers who died in 1953 alone. Its a brutal sport and if lives are what peoples real concerns are with boxing, it's clear you don't need to be fighting someone on PED's for your life to be in grave danger. Yes the PED's could make the fighter more dangerous but records prove the majority of all deaths in the ring are caused by the sport itself, not the drugs the boxers are on. It was only a few weeks ago Maxim Dadashev was killed in the ring, then just a few days later the Argentinian boxer Santillan was killed in his WBC title fight. Waiting for someone to die in the ring due to fighting someone on PED's will be a ridiculous thing to make a big fuss about when it's the sport itself which is the danger. You can't just ignore the facts and stats that three's been tons and tons of deaths due to boxing once someone dies fighting a PED user.

Ok so a few things here, you are making assumptions about a boxer using PED;s who has never tested positive i.e. Joshua, but calling someone who has i.e. Fury an honest guy?! Joshua is actually pretty rare, a boxer who has been tested regularly throughout his career as an amateur at the olympics and then through UK anti doping and the voluntary VADA testing that he signs up to for all his fights. Samples from the 2012 olympics have also been retrospectively tested leading to a number of bans, an VADA testing has caught loads of fighters out yet Joshua hasn't failed a single test.

On the other hand there are many fighters in the US particularly that face literally no testing regime or a testing regime that only involves testing on the day of the fight only and not during their training programme. Its incredibly easy for these fighters to use drugs and not test positive.

Your point about Dominic Ingle is an interesting one, here is a trainer who has had a number of fighters who have tested positive over the years including Kid Galahad and recently Billy Joe Saunders, as trainers have to be implicit in a boxers drug use it would be reasonable to assume that Ingle's fighters use drugs whereas trainers like Joe Gallagher and Joshuas trainer Rob McCracken have never as far as I am aware trained fighters that have failed tests.

The answer to this issue is that there needs to be a consistent approach to testing across the boxing like there is in other sports and a overall body who applies the banning periods for boxers that fail tests or a standard set of sanctions applied by all boxing organisations. Trainers also need to come under struitiny. Because the reason that PED use is so rife within the sport is that even when caught, boxers are getting away with it and nobody is being made a example of, Canelo for example gets a 6 month ban which is similar to the time he normally has between fights and fury gets a backdated ban which has literally no impact on him either.

As fighters are not receiving appropriate bans its probably safe to say that boxers that have already been caught will continue to use. In fact who is to say that a fighter like Fury who goes down in the 12th round of a gruelling fight against the hardest puncher in the sport and manages to miraculously get up and fight back hasn't managed the feat with the aid of PED's? Fatigue plays a massive role in punch resistance and PED use will therefore enable fighters to take much more punishment than humanely possible and keep fighting. Of course boxing is inherently dangerous but PED's undoubtedly add to the risk, and I wonder if a death being linked to PED use is the only thing that could unfortunately finally force the sport to face up to its drug use problem.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Hang on a second

Dillian whyte isn’t guilty yet . The ukad sample showed something but he was cleared to fight by vada. The b sample details we don’t know yet

WBC striping him of mandatory is a full on joke as the full facts are not known yet and wbc actually work on vada tearing which he was clear. They have issues with him for some reason .

Also the British board of control said he was clear to fight

He isn’t guilty as yet.

That said there is issues in boxing and the bans need to be years not months . You are right it will take someone dying to get the authorities to wake up to it .

Boxing is one of the best sports in the world and is in a great place but they do need to get on top of this issue

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Hang on a second

Dillian whyte isn’t guilty yet . The ukad sample showed something but he was cleared to fight by vada. The b sample details we don’t know yet

WBC striping him of mandatory is a full on joke as the full facts are not known yet and wbc actually work on vada tearing which he was clear. They have issues with him for some reason .

Also the British board of control said he was clear to fight

He isn’t guilty as yet.

This isn't/won't be the first time Dillan has been caught using PED's.....

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Ok so a few things here, you are making assumptions about a boxer using PED;s who has never tested positive i.e. Joshua, but calling someone who has i.e. Fury an honest guy?! Joshua is actually pretty rare, a boxer who has been tested regularly throughout his career as an amateur at the olympics and then through UK anti doping and the voluntary VADA testing that he signs up to for all his fights. Samples from the 2012 olympics have also been retrospectively tested leading to a number of bans, an VADA testing has caught loads of fighters out yet Joshua hasn't failed a single test.

Can I ask, regardless of the testing which one could argue is flawed/ corrupt (Mayweather after the Manny fight), do you believe Joshua has never taken a PED throughout his time as a professional boxer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here