perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Provided we stay up the future looks bright. I was really impressed with our play against what is an exceptional team. The combination Mac feeding Maupay, Connolly and trossard as well as lamptey is mouth watering. Mac is what has been missing, intelligent accurate balls to the forwards. And all of them still learning their craft. Love it.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Why can't we win a header? We have LOndon Zoo Giraffe Dept and Harlem Globe trotters nailed for height . . . .but no one gets anywhere near anything any more.

Bernardo, when he came on against Norwich, won everything in the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Overall, an excellent performance and a lot of spirit to come back from 0-2 down against the European Champions.

Burn's chance was the defining moment. That goes in and we're level and in the ascendancy.

Lamptey gave Neco Williams a torrid time out wide. Lots of creativity there to see.

It's light years away from the dire fare that we were served up last season.

Even though we lost, it was a very enjoyable watch.

Potter has clearly taken the team forward.

Well done Albion. Bring on City.

You stayed up to watch it. I’m impressed.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Well done the boys for not making it a right cluster ****, still not convinced about Potter but time will tell, could be a cricket score on Saturday, Citeh are on fire, looking on the bright side we do have Lamptey.. :love:

Still not convinced? Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but what were you hoping to see against Liverpool, runaway champions and current European champions? Hordes of Albion players sweeping (forward) majestically? Oh, hang on, we did see that...

Potter has lots to learn still, especially how we start games, but to see little old BHA play football the way we did last night (from 10mins onwards) whilst still defending solidly (from 10 mins onwards) was brilliant to watch, and imo without doubt convinces me GP is the man to take us forward - especially adding in the fact the players brought in since he joined, how Bissouma is playing now, and the fact likes to give youth a chance which is also bearing fruit

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
BBC view

Brighton can take encouragement

Brighton's impressive form since the season's re-start means they are now close to Premier League safety - but they have had two harsh lessons at home in the last week, first from Manchester United and now from Liverpool.

It will have been disappointing for manager Graham Potter but he will take heart from the manner in which Brighton responded to conceding two goals in the first eight minutes that would have seen many teams sink without trace against this Liverpool side.

Not here.

Brighton picked themselves up and gave Liverpool some real problems before they ran out of steam and ideas in the second half and Salah wrapped up the points for the champions.

There was still much to admire from Brighton's play, particularly teenage defender Lamptey, who was a real threat down the right flank and the quality of Trossard, whose goal was a masterpiece of technique and provides Potter's side with a real threat.

It may have been another home defeat but Potter's policies look certain to see Brighton still in the Premier League next term.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We don’t sing this very often these days, and obviously we can’t at the moment but for me that was a game that deserved a loud chorus of “We’re proud of you” at full time :thumbsup:

Really entertaining defeat and I look forward to a game where we take lesser opposition apart.

More of the same next game please when I expect another entertaining defeat...but you never know

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I know there's a backlash about Stephens blaming but just seen a replay and still think he should've attacked that ball as it came in. Very difficult for Lampety to get in front of Salah running from a deep position.

To be fair to both of them i you have to give credit to Liverpool - it was a perfect cross at pace and Salah timed his run brilliantly.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Great game against one of the best teams and best managers, we didn't try to park the bus but played some good attacking football, team and manager very postitive, bodes well for the future.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Still not convinced? Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but what were you hoping to see against Liverpool, runaway champions and current European champions? Hordes of Albion players sweeping (forward) majestically? Oh, hang on, we did see that...

Potter has lots to learn still, especially how we start games, but to see little old BHA play football the way we did last night (from 10mins onwards) whilst still defending solidly (from 10 mins onwards) was brilliant to watch, and imo without doubt convinces me GP is the man to take us forward - especially adding in the fact the players brought in since he joined, how Bissouma is playing now, and the fact likes to give youth a chance which is also bearing fruit

Fair enough, but I'm not judging Potter on just the Liverpool game, we did play well last night at times, but that has been the problem all season playing well and either losing or drawing.

Next season will be the acid test for GP, and I'm hoping we will be getting ever closer to that top ten finish.

Incidentally I didn't expect us to get a result last night, but what I didn't expect was stupid errors against the runaway champions and current European champions, gifting them two goals.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Fair enough, but I'm not judging Potter on just the Liverpool game, we did play well last night at times, but that has been the problem all season playing well and either losing or drawing.

Next season will be the acid test for GP, and I'm hoping we will be getting ever closer to that top ten finish.

Incidentally I didn't expect us to get a result last night, but what I didn't expect was stupid errors against the runaway champions and current European champions, gifting them two goals.

I think going from bottom six to top 10 is a bigger step than many people realise. I wouldn’t put that level of pressure on the club for next season which will be another strange one in terms of its timescales and pre season.

Potter put his hands up after the game and acknowledged that he took responsibility. Players being a spilt second slow, slightly overrunning the ball, or a fraction out in a pass is understandable but, as Souness rightly said in his analysis, no team, however good, pisses about in the first ten minutes. That was just naive.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Provided we stay up the future looks bright. I was really impressed with our play against what is an exceptional team. The combination Mac feeding Maupay, Connolly and trossard as well as lamptey is mouth watering. Mac is what has been missing, intelligent accurate balls to the forwards. And all of them still learning their craft. Love it.

[emoji106] this

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Absolutely, I’m not at the “it’s not working out level” but we need someone who actually pushes him.

I think our effective defensive blocks inside the box mask the actual ability

You make a very valid point.

The guys in front of him manage to protect him so well. It's just the schoolboy's mistakes in giving the ball away centrally that exposes whether he is a top 10 premier keeper, after all, that is what we want, don't we?

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Harsh. We’ve conceded one more goal than Chelsea (3rd) and Burnley (9th) and one less than Everton (11th).

Maybe, I have seen far too many near post goals.
Don't forget we have some excellent defending in front of him.
I think he needs to know he is droppable.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I think going from bottom six to top 10 is a bigger step than many people realise. I wouldn’t put that level of pressure on the club for next season which will be another strange one in terms of its timescales and pre season.
I agree - it is a massive step requiring massive amounts of money - a step forward next season would be a strengthened squad, PL safety with 6/8 games to play and not giving any teams in the top 10 an easy game while picking up points along the way.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Would retaining Walton next season make it more competitive, haven’t see enough of him this season to know how he’s getting on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here