Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT price increase

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

Some of you should be getting your latest bills, since July 3rd there has been a price increase.

Just looked at mine, considering I only made £2.00 worth of calls, and have infinity 2 unlimited package, with my line rental by bill is now £53.00 a month and that is with a discount as well.

Going to see if I can downgrade my infinity now, and when my contract ends I'm going with someone else.

BT used to be good value for money, seems to me since they have paid out for rights to screen the football, they are passing on to the customer.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...me-phone-and-broadband--how-to-beat-the-hikes

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BT, like Sky seem to have agreed this deal with the PL and realised they can't actually afford it so are raising the cost of everything to cover it.

D

Deleted member 22389

BT, like Sky seem to have agreed this deal with the PL and realised they can't actually afford it so are raising the cost of everything to cover it.

For all the discounts I have been given, it has probably gone up about £15 - £20 in the last two years. This new increase started on the 3rd July. My infinity package has gone up £3.00 per month, and on top of that the line rental has gone up by another £1.00 per month and the cost of basic calls.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I went down to BT sport lite, after they decided to up the prices.
Not bothered about missing the footy, just the stunning punditry :)

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Is that above the rate of CPI? If it is then you can probably get out of the contract free without an exit charge.

Not sure if that is just on mobile phones?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I switched to Plus.net and saved some money. Since then I learned they are BT by another name.

Different company but they use the BT infrastructure. Bit like if you use GiffGaff you are using the O2 network really.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Plusnet is a BT company.

Price hike is due to BT having to invest more in the infrastructure - something which all the BB providers DON'T have to do. The football and phones are all about competing with SKY which if it does not successfully compete it dies, and Murdoch will have it all.

D

Deleted member 22389

Can't downgrade as I'm on contract now until Feb 2017.

As much as I love infinity wish I stayed with Broadband now because that is where the best deals are. I only took infinity because BT offered me a free connection fee in the first place.

Roll on 2017 then I will leave BT completely. By bill has gone up about £7.00 a month after this latest increase, not good when your on a budget. Suppose somebody has got to help meet Pogbras new £249,000 weekly wage, the poor bugger.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
BT down for second morning in a row, hundreds of thousands of customers affected. I can't connect to my Cloud Server so my staff can't do any work. FFS!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Only Match Of The Day and the Football League show on Channel 5 for this season.

BT Sport and Sky are not getting anything from me. I will miss it on Sundays but that's it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here