Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Cardiff City *** Official Match Thread ***

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Unfortunately we have come up against a dynamic Cardiff tonight.
We knew how they would play and I thought we were decent in large spells of the game but we were unlucky in the final 3rd.
After the second went in I thought we did well to keep the score down, which was important.
We have some tough games coming up, it's all about hard work and I am sure that the lads will come through.
Im not too despondent as there were plenty of positives to take from tonight against a very good sid and we move forward to the next match.

Very good. But you missed “these are a good side” in the last line and a reference to not being “at our levels”.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Well, I hope some of you are happy? We made a fast, attacking start, like so many of you wanted, and look where it got us tonight!

So it's OUR fault?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Abject surrender.

Not good enough ... simple as that ... OK give credit to Cardiff for a good first goal although did come about by Propper losing the ball under pressure just outside their penalty box. But the second goal should be (or has been) one of our strongest points and we hardly made a challenge for it.

4-4-1-1 was looking OK but Gross very rusty & what the hell was Murray doing on the wings most of the time. 4-4-2 didn't improve things despite the effort and might be me but has Andone got the right boots as he spent a lot of the time slipping over.

Passing was woeful , dont even mention Stephens supposedly our best passer of the ball could not have passed to a pensioner with a walking frame going at 0.00000001 mph in an empty playing area.

Just not good enough & I have to lay the blame on the players firstly & the coaching staff secondly who obviously dont train the players with weights as they fall over in a breeze let alone under a modest challenge. Fitness seems an issue combined with lack of being able to string two passes together I wonder what exactly the training does involve.

Dont see TB wielding the axe before seasons end so CH is probably safe but cant see him survive beyond the summer if he is unable to motivate the players better than he has recently. Very poor show all round lacking any conviction and no fire in the players bellies losing just about every tackle. Hard to see us getting more than maybe one win over Newcastle which maybe enough but I wont be placing any money on it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No, you're a fvskin knee-jerker. TB will rightly take the longer term view. I expect Burnley fans were yelling for Dyche our when they got relegated 3 or 4 years ago. The less calm and rational ones, that is.

This.

And while I think Hughton is limited in what he can do, I trust TB in leaking a measured long term view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I am aggrieved that we did not get the obvious penalty and a chance to go a goal up.That said, we were totally clueless yet again going forward and our ability to mispass the ball was amazing, yet again losing the ball needlessly in a promising position and then conceding a goal. At times it seemed that our players had never met before. Worst of all was the total lack of passion shown by our players - knock AK all you like, and he was an idiot on Saturday, but at least he shows some passion. I am gutted and fully expect to be watching us in the Championship next season, cheering us on to promotion.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Abject surrender.

Not good enough ... simple as that ... OK give credit to Cardiff for a good first goal although did come about by Propper losing the ball under pressure just outside their penalty box. But the second goal should be (or has been) one of our strongest points and we hardly made a challenge for it.

4-4-1-1 was looking OK but Gross very rusty & what the hell was Murray doing on the wings most of the time. 4-4-2 didn't improve things despite the effort and might be me but has Andone got the right boots as he spent a lot of the time slipping over.

Passing was woeful , dont even mention Stephens supposedly our best passer of the ball could not have passed to a pensioner with a walking frame going at 0.00000001 mph in an empty playing area.

Just not good enough & I have to lay the blame on the players firstly & the coaching staff secondly who obviously dont train the players with weights as they fall over in a breeze let alone under a modest challenge. Fitness seems an issue combined with lack of being able to string two passes together I wonder what exactly the training does involve.

Dont see TB wielding the axe before seasons end so CH is probably safe but cant see him survive beyond the summer if he is unable to motivate the players better than he has recently. Very poor show all round lacking any conviction and no fire in the players bellies losing just about every tackle. Hard to see us getting 'even' one more win or 'even' one more point !

That would appear to be beyond us !

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh well, that was a bloody depressing evening. And so, tbh, is NSC - too much hand-wringing and near hysteria, not to mention knee-jerks. Something obviously has gone on and gone wrong behind the scenes, but that's not going to come out on here tonight - if it ever comes out at all.

Can do without prolonging the evening with a lot of shouting and aggro and stuff - a shitty binfest in other words - I'm off to bed. Unfortunately, we'll still have lost in the morning, but never mind, it'll be another brand new day.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Oh well, that was a bloody depressing evening. And so, tbh, is NSC - too much hand-wringing and near hysteria, not to mention knee-jerks. Something obviously has gone on and gone wrong behind the scenes, but that's not going to come out on here tonight - if it ever comes out at all.

Can do without prolonging the evening with a lot of shouting and aggro and stuff - a shitty binfest in other words - I'm off to bed. Unfortunately, we'll still have lost in the morning, but never mind, it'll be another brand new day.

But will it be pissing it down?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Stephens needs to have a serious look at himself in the mirror at halftime and sort himself out before he's subbed.

In hindsight, I was probably expecting too much here.

Seeing as Stephens couldn't find any of his teammates in 90 minutes, it's unlikely he'd have been able to find a mirror in only 15.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here