Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'd suggest that this is because Deir Dos Santos voted for Brexit. TV shows wouldn't want a Brexiteer putting the Remain view.

There's also a big difference in their backgrounds: he's a Brazilian, so English isn't his first language and may not be confident about appearing on something like Question Time. He's also a hairdresser rather than a politician - I didn't see Vidal Sasoon make many appearances on QT either.

A strange comparison ...... when did Vidal Sasoon take the UK government to court ? Miller has courted publicity ..... Santos has not.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They perfectly describe EFTA - which means membership of the EEA, but not membership of the EU.
Which countries between the border of Russia, and Iceland is that referring to?

Jan 30, 2008
I've seen lots of posts saying that a 'no deal' would be far worse for Britain, which of course it would. If Britain decides to blow it's own brains out economically, then of course it will have a significant effect on the rest of the EU.

However, I can't recall any post saying that the EU wanted a 'no deal'.

Maybe you could correct me and show me one ?

Project fear , you must live your life in fear?
Regards
DR

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That's funny, I just watched a commentator say that the 6 month timeframe significantly lessens the likelihood of another referendum. I would concur as 6 months is not a lot of time to prepare and carry out an abomination of this sort.

Sorry, which were you again, Customs Union or Hard Border ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Which countries between the border of Russia, and Iceland is that referring to?
Every country in Europe east of Iceland and west of Russia except Turkey, Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus, Serbia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Northern Macedonia, Montenegro and Albania.

Jan 30, 2008
I wont be grizzling. I have British passport... I have Czech permanent residency. Im fine thanks.
In fact, with those documents, Im just like some of the leading Brexiteers, who are rushing to make
sure they are safe from any Brexit catastrophe.
Its idiots like you my precious nitwit, who will be grizzling.

still putting on a brave face I see
Regards
DR

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
That's funny, I just watched a commentator say that the 6 month timeframe significantly lessens the likelihood of another referendum. I would concur as 6 months is not a lot of time to prepare and carry out an abomination of this sort.

Parliament needs to agree on the wording of any second referendum question. I would suggest that just that aspect will take a hell of a lot longer than 6 months. :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A strange comparison ...... when did Vidal Sasoon take the UK government to court ? Miller has courted publicity ..... Santos has not.

You're missing the point. Question Time (and similar shows) have guests who are politicians, business people or media folk) - they don't have hairdressers on them.

These shows are going to invite people who are able to debate issues and are comfortable speaking in public. Miller is a business owner and someone who, prior to the referendum, had been in the news for leading a high profile campaign against financial mis-selling. Can you really not see that she's going to be a more obvious spokesperson for the court case against Brexit than someone whose first language s not English and whose day job does not involve public speaking?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Daily Mail described her as:

"the gloating Guyana-born investment manager who alternates between glorying in self-promotion and complaining that her safety is under threat."

Here's but one not so subtle front page implying what they think she is:

View attachment 107502

All the more shocking when you consider that hate crimes that followed. Tony Gallagher, good honest love thy neighbour catholic...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tories tearing themselves apart in parliament, was always going to happen.....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Every country in Europe east of Iceland and west of Russia except Turkey, Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus, Serbia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Northern Macedonia, Montenegro and Albania.
That's weird, they may as well have just said Europe.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Project fear , you must live your life in fear?
Regards
DR

Welcome back, wonder how long you'll last this time ?

Unfortunately PPF posted a further unpleasant anti-semitic comment whilst his first one was being assessed by the mods and received a further infraction, which resulted in his ban being extended under the totting up rules to three months..

Banned Constant trolling and fishing.

Oh, and last warning to keep racist discussion to other forums where it will be more welcome.

Following a detailed review of posts from this person, the following was noted. Racism, homophobia, glorification of football violence, holocaust denial, Nazi apologism etc.

:wave:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Are there not two pretty pink fairies ?

One is PPF

and the other Ppf....?

I stand to be corrected.

Yes, one is a silly old racist with a somewhat limited vocabulary and even more limited intellect (Ppf) - all the bans above relate to this one

The other is a parody account which continually and completely unintentionally gets out parodied by the original (PPF) :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I saw a post on Facebook today, it said, "Listening to MP's trying to justify leaving the EU is like listening to a man in A&E trying to justify how there is a Hoover stuck on his cock"

I told you, I fell on it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just watching Tory MP 'Sir' Bill Cash being interviewed live on Sky. Patently obvious right now that none of these freaks will have altered their stance one iota six months down the line. Same as it ever was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here