Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Love the sentiment of the lower holmesdale being a singing section. Very uncomfortable the current encumbrance being made or feeling forced to move from seats they have sat in for many years. HF have been very mindul in usage of the word inclusive. Whether any Brighton fans think they are spotty kids or not - the rest of the PL, pundits, commentators all put the atmosphere at Selhurst as one of the best, or used to. Really hope there can be a solution found. No hiding the fact atmosphere has dropped dramatically.

See the thing is I knew a travel journo. She used to scribe on places around the world. Some she has been to some she never went near. She did a piece on the Great Wall of China by just following the soundbites others have used and to define what the punters were expecting. The closest she had been to the GWoC was staring down some Dim Sum in Covent Garden!!

Commentators such as JP et al find it easy to wax lyrical on what is expected as opposed to what is real.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
I guess it comes down to who runs CPFC2010 as to where this ends up - Parish or 150/200 kids.

They have been hugely effective even with these numbers, but the driver from them is that they do not want to standstill and continue with such small numbers and actually said numbers have declined due to the current restrictions. Totally understand and support the desire to grow and improve it just has not been managed very well at all.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Resistance is futile.

CPFC unveil Selhurst Park redevelopment plans

selhurst.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What I'll say is that I went to an Orlando City game last year, snagging a resale ticket directly behind the goal amongst their ultras. Non-stop singing, drums, flag waving and pyros. (Plus standing in rail seats with a beer holder).

I'm not sure if this will be viewable or not: https://www.facebook.com/DarrenMcKay/videos/10154428145046811/

It was, I'll admit, tremendous fun. I appreciate it's not for everyone and I'm not sure I'd want it each and every home game, but I understand what the HF are trying to create and, I'll agree that from my experiences, it would be pretty unique in English football currently.

But the only way the HF can get to this is by moving a lot of people, some of whom may now wish to move, even for a discount.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Is this bit of their statement actually true?

'A recent report stated that Palace were one of the clubs that actually turns in a profit without even taking gate receipts into account'

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Is this bit of their statement actually true?

'A recent report stated that Palace were one of the clubs that actually turns in a profit without even taking gate receipts into account'

I noticed that, raised an eyebrow and assumed it was the bullsh1t of a fanatic that had returned to school this week...

In a separate statement that I now can't find, I noticed a priceless quote "that they had taken the atmosphere as far as they could with the current set-up". Which I took to mean that they are clearly the second player in a one man team just behind little Wilf. Utter tools.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
That’s incredible, absolutely incredible. New levels of delusion!

100 kids or grown men who should know better dressed with their hooky eBay SI / C-Company hoodies are a game changer, power house of the English leagues!!

The absolute state of them - it would be laughable if not so utterly tragic.

I partially disagree with your final statement. It is tragic in a way, but also absolutely bloody hilarious!!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I noticed that, raised an eyebrow and assumed it was the bullsh1t of a fanatic that had returned to school this week...

I checked El Pres's Palace finance cartoon. They are one of only 20 Premier League clubs that made an EBITDA profit in 2016/17. Second lowest only to Swansea.
Impressive.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Could you image a small group of supporters taking on Bloom and trying to get their own way:tosser:

Yes. There’s a thread of over 100 pages on here with people kicking off about no longer being allowed their flasks and an online petition to go with it.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So reading that statement on what their vision is and I have to say, if I was a Palace fan then it would be a good idea. To have the whole of that lower stand all jumping/drum banging/singing/flag waving would actually be an impressive spectacle and no doubt would spur their players on.

However how the Club and/or HF have handled how to make this happen has been very Frank Spencer esq in the tit for tat statements blame game with no agreement on how to take this forward.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I checked El Pres's Palace finance cartoon. They are one of only 20 Premier League clubs that made an EBITDA profit in 2016/17. Second lowest only to Swansea.
Impressive.

Just to add that technically their statement is correct. They made operating profit in 2016/17 of £12.8 million. If you take out the gate receipts of £10m they still make a profit but why would you unless it fits an agenda. I guess it looks good to say if you take out the gate receipts we still make a profit but that ignores the non recurring income of player sales at £35m for that year.
I have no idea how that compares to other clubs for that particular self serving statistic but by more normal measures of sustainability their EBIT loss was the 3rd worst at £26m and, as said above, they had the 2nd lowest EBITDA profit.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The HF are experiencing delusions of grandeur IMO. They're nowhere near as important to Crystal Palace as they think they are. And the way they trying to hold the club to random is frankly, hilarious. There are 200 seats now occupied by other people whose money is exactly the same colour. If Palace go on a winning-streak, they'll be a distant memory by Christmas.

They pay no attention to the Palace fans they'll affect either which really bugs me (and Palace fans alike) They just think it's their right to take that whole stand. And take it now.

Perhaps they could understand that until they get their new Amex West Stand built, there's no better option for those people and perhaps they should bide their time, increase their little block slowly, be patient and work with the club instead of spitting out their dummy's and throwing their Stone Island patches across the room.

Basically, for once, I actually applaud Parish in not bending to the demands of this relatively small, but loud group of supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here