Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are you watching and enjoying the Women’s World Cup?

Are you watching the Women’s World Cup?

• Total voters

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I can’t believe the referee ever took an exam, surely they just picked her up off the street, comfortably the worst refereeing performance I’ve ever seen at any level from under 5’s to the premier league. Phil Neville is absolutely right in what he’s saying now. Very poor and Cameroon were allowed to get away with murder.

In fairness a lot of these refs probably ref in games with fewer spectators than some u5's games. They have insisted in using women refs in a tournament with thousands watching and a TV audience. From having a few people watching to having loads of eyes and technology it's no surprise some freeze.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Oh my, hilarious! Perhaps Knocky should go on the pill to try to control his undeniably hormonal mood swings.

On a couple of occasions Cameroon players were on the verge of tears and refusing to play. Had the ref been male he would probably have given them the rest of the day off.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You are all acting like wwankers so I’m going to say something constructive about the women’s game....

.. 😁😁😁 only joking obviously.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They showed it once. If VAR says offside, then it is offside surely? Or are we supposed to argue with the technology now as well? Not sure this is BBC's own coverage is it?

VAR isnt automatic and doesnt give the decision, its a tool to aid the Ref in a boarderline ro unseen incident. so if it shows its offside fair enough, i just wasnt convinced from what i saw, was surprised (a long with everyone else) that it was refered to VAR. whats really got my goat is the inconsistant application, we've seen in this game an unseen, marginal offside referred, and a blatant foul completely missed.

so no, we dont question the technology but we can question the rules and officials around it that are making a farce of the game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And the ref doesn’t give the penalty even though it clearly was a foul in the area.

VAR is a farce.
Farce? Our second goal was perfectly good, incorrectly ruled out for offside, and VAR fixed it.

The penalty decision was when it was already 3-0 and the game was over, and they bottled it. But the ref didn't give it either, so it's not like VAR was the problem.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was being slightly humorous with the mile ...but exactly where do you draw the line if VAR is to be used for offside and that in no way is pedantic
It has to be 1 foot. So if it's 11 inches, then it's not given as offside. So we'll get the same controversy as now, as they split hairs over whether it was 11 or 12 inches. Brilliant.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
On a couple of occasions Cameroon players were on the verge of tears and refusing to play. Had the ref been male he would probably have given them the rest of the day off.

I think if the ref was male we would have seen at least 2 red cards and he would have run out of yellows .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am giving the ref the benefit of the doubt I think that she considered that the ball had gone and the players just collided.
WTF are you doing watching this, given that you think women shouldn't even be allowed to play football, you ****ing hypocrite.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just seen the news and Neville looking irate and mouthing off about the Cameroon team’s behaviour. Was it much worse than the way United players used to surround and try and bully officials?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
VAR isnt automatic and doesnt give the decision, its a tool to aid the Ref in a boarderline ro unseen incident. so if it shows its offside fair enough, i just wasnt convinced from what i saw, was surprised (a long with everyone else) that it was refered to VAR. whats really got my goat is the inconsistant application, we've seen in this game an unseen, marginal offside referred, and a blatant foul completely missed.

so no, we dont question the technology but we can question the rules and officials around it that are making a farce of the game.

All goals are reviewed by VAR for offside, and VAR makes the decision with the referee staying on pitch.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tell you what...them Aussies make decent keepers.

Thought their keeper was brilliant against Norway!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It has to be 1 foot. So if it's 11 inches, then it's not given as offside. So we'll get the same controversy as now, as they split hairs over whether it was 11 or 12 inches. Brilliant.

If you're talking inches 11? 12? and in this competition involving women officials, I can imagine the discussions going on. Their perception of length could lead to longer delays.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Really enjoying it - alright the football is of a lower standard but some of the games have been great. The crowds are fantastic too with 20,000 at most matches (considering average domestic gates for the women's games are in the few hundred), I think the attendances have been terrific.

The only downside is that unlike the men they seem reluctant to take their shirts off during goal celebrations!

Good luck on Thursday ladies.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
With the latest VAR nonsense in the France v Brazil game I swear it is ruining football at such a rapid rate that if our games become like that this season I might finally give up. Literally it's sucking the life out of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here