Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I do sometimes wonder why you've always avoided saying what you wanted at any cost.

Oh well, it's irrelevant as you only have to wait 6 weeks to find out Meg was right all along :bigwave:

:lolol: Are you a bit simple?I havnt avoided it, i have even given you a link so you can read again what i have said and educate yourself.
Does that mean you are going to share what Megs exact prediction is for the 29th then?........no didnt think so.

Have a hat, :dunce:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I like democracy and want more of it.
Pass a deal in Parliament so we all know what's happening and can vote with information instead of lies.
Again, no vote in history has occurred when all the voters, let alone the politicians 'knew what they were voting for'. Today 7 labor politicians resigned from the party. There were two main reasons, one being the stance the labor party has taken with Brexit. They were happy enough to campaign in the election in 2016 after the Brexit vote, for their party which in it's manifesto, stated that labor would support Brexit. Trust politicians? Generally I'll give that a pass.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Still don't much like democracy then?

It was a fraudarendum mate, and the country no longer wants Brexit.

That's why leavers all dread a ratification vote, you were lied too, the lies could never be delivered and none of you can provide any Brexit upsides. Week by week your so called project fear is becoming project reality, cost us £60B so far and rising at £600m/week

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
TM's deal is leave.
Norway is leave.
No deal is leave.

Can you see there is a significant difference ?

So which do you think those leave voters that understood meant when they said simply leave

any of the above, they are all options. you make the point for me, and the reason so many still want to (>40% isnt it in polling?) is the patronising tone of being told they were wrong to have an opinion. politicans should have could have set this straight years ago, but somehow remain still fails to make the case to support membership.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I like democracy and want more of it.
Pass a deal in Parliament so we all know what's happening and can vote with information instead of lies.

If parliament pass the EU/UK withdrawal deal you will know what is happening........leaving the EU with a deal. Simple as that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So if we were not leaving the EU would Honda have been taking the same action, given that they would have still enjoyed tariff free access from the UK and with lower transportation costs?

Direct quote from the BBC: "Honda are clear this is based on global trends and not Brexit, as all European market production will consolidate in Japan in 2021."

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The choice was simple, stay or remain. Both were plain choices.

How either end up is open to discussion and interpretation. Voting for remain was certainly not a vote for the status quo as the EU is developing. In fact it is it's evolution, that has changed the minds of many who were quite happy to be part of a common market, into leave voters.

I have pointed this out before, but Cameron had it confirmed that it was/is the case that the UK cannot be compelled to sign up to any further treaties, join the Euro etc. without any loss of current status in the EU. It was also the case that any new treaty or amendment to existing treaties that would change our relationship with the EU would have to be agreed to by the people via a UK referendum.
The upshot is, nothing would change for the UK/EU relationship, unless the UK population allowed it, by majority vote.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I have pointed this out before, but Cameron had it confirmed that it was/is the case that the UK cannot be compelled to sign up to any further treaties, join the Euro etc. without any loss of current status in the EU. It was also the case that any new treaty or amendment to existing treaties that would change our relationship with the EU would have to be agreed to by the people via a UK referendum.
The upshot is, nothing would change for the UK/EU relationship, unless the UK population allowed it, by majority vote.

Cameron is the idiot who should have seen this through and not disappear the moment it went wrong

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Direct quote from the BBC: "Honda are clear this is based on global trends and not Brexit, as all European market production will consolidate in Japan in 2021."

In normal times a government wouldn't let this happen, they'd find a way to save it, too much at stake. But this isn't normal times, they can't get anything done in this zombie parliament

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here