Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion have issued lifetime bans to [three] supporters...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
On a slightly related point, did Palace ever ban a single person found to be responsible for their behaviour at THAT game at the AMEX or was it all just words and broken promises?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
A bit like when it was reported Palace fans had attacked emergency workers at Falmer station, but then it turned out one of them pushed a steward.

This does sound to be a lot more serious than that though.

I agree this does sound more seriously but it’s just an example of how these stories can grow out of control and we end up hearing something 100 times worse than what actually happened. If the club feel they have enough evidence then I’m sure they’re in the right here, but there’s just that nagging voice in the back of my head saying we have no idea what’s actually happened.

“A man in his 20’s has had his season ticket cancelled for spitting at a doctor who was treating him””
“A man in his 50’d has had his season ticket cancelled for pushing a doctor who was treating him”

There’s such a world of difference. If this incident occurred in a CCTV blind spot then all of a sudden there’s a whole other level of problems on top of that.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Awaits responses, from the usual, defending the indefensible.

'Not as reported' @ 2/1
'Self defence' @ Evens
'Extreme provocation by the steward' @ 6/4
'Misunderstanding' @ 7/2

Confused myself

I thought for a minute I’d never seen any of those posters
Doh.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
On a slightly related point, did Palace ever ban a single person found to be responsible for their behaviour at THAT game at the AMEX or was it all just words and broken promises?

Yes , there were many bans given out by Palace.

To ensure those banned supporters are supervised in future they have made 200 loyal supporters give up their prime viewing seats to accommodate those scum on match days at Selhurst.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Whoever they are can absolutely do one, those incidents have nothing to do with football.

Correct to ban them and I hope they're all held criminally responsible for their actions.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh really? I must have completely missed that.

On the day I mentioned the large group of WBA supporters (blokes in their 40’s and 50’s, wearing Burberry and Stone Island), walking up Queens Road at 2.30 carrying pints. Then a NSC poster said they’d be the ones he saw fighting at Falmer Train Station shortly before KO.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Here lies the problem with the article.

Three of us have read the same thing and came to three completly different conclusions. This is why I’ve pointed out that there’s a chance the club had overreacted to that one incident. The statement is so vague that it’s impossible to know what happened.

FFS, why does it matter who or in what order they attacked people. The fact that seemed not to be disputed is the attacks happened so why do you think the club overreacted.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
As all 3 were carrying season tickets, will the club add season tickets to the ban list of items going forward. (Flasks, bottle tops, season tickets).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
FFS, why does it matter who or in what order they attacked people. The fact that seemed not to be disputed is the attacks happened so why do you think the club overreacted.

This. The Board of Directors act professionally and stick to facts. Simply take their statement at face value - assaulting a WBA fan in a cowardly attack, assaulting a female doctor, and assaulting a steward then making threats to stab.

No overeaction by club, each carried out disgraceful and dangerous attacks, so they’ve deservedly lost their privileges to attend future Albion matches.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
“Our warnings may occasionally offend some people who wouldn’t dream of behaving in this way, but I can assure you it’s nowhere near the offence caused to us when our colleagues or our visitors are assaulted."

Must surely mean that bottle caps and/or flasks were involved. Not aware of any other warnings recently. No need for warnings for behaving in that way in any case, it's pretty bloody obvious it is totally unacceptable.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This. The Board of Directors act professionally and stick to facts. Simply take their statement at face value - assaulting a WBA fan in a cowardly attack, assaulting a female doctor, and assaulting a steward then making threats to stab.

No overeaction by club, each carried out disgraceful and dangerous attacks, so they’ve deservedly lost their privileges to attend future Albion matches.
Apparently the Everton lad who was slashed at Millwall was innocent to :whistle:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
“Our warnings may occasionally offend some people who wouldn’t dream of behaving in this way, but I can assure you it’s nowhere near the offence caused to us when our colleagues or our visitors are assaulted."

Must surely mean that bottle caps and/or flasks were involved. Not aware of any other warnings recently. No need for warnings for behaving in that way in any case, it's pretty bloody obvious it is totally unacceptable.

Do you ever buy programmes? Barber frequenly covers issues of unacceptable behaviour. (Far more serious than non-wise cracks about flasks and lids .... people getting attacked).

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I am a bit surprised at P.B.'s choice of words here, "Once again we find ourselves dealing with a number of issues we do not want at this club".

I understand his disappointment, but I think in general, we have pretty few issues for a venue with 30,000 people attending and alcohol on sale, unless I am blissfully unaware of regular trouble. Even if it is a regular occurrence, it doesn't seem good PR to suggest it in the statement.

If it had only happened once before in the past 118 years then this to me is "Once again...", the wording doesn't imply a weekly occurance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here