Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion have issued lifetime bans to [three] supporters...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Awful to read that supporters of my hometown club are capable of this. Why on Earth would there be a desire to attack some WBA fans. Attacking a steward and a female doctor who was attending them? Madness

Sent from my SM-T285 using Tapatalk

Mugs. Probably tanked up on booze, which they patently can’t handle, turning them into bullies.

Decisive and deserved action by the club. Well done.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Oh, sorry - they were just a selection of the available odds. I can also do you:

Newly registered poster, telling us about how 'his mate' has been 'stitched up' @ 9/4

That it is all a result of 'Barber not understanding football fans' @ 3/1

and were he not banned, you'd have got 1/3 on ppf telling us that this represents all that is wrong with corporate modern football.

It's now a 201% book, you are a bookmaking legend.:bowdown:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
WTF? There was trouble at the West Brom game!? I thought it was just full of kids. Very odd game for people to start attacking opposition fans.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Mugs. Probably tanked up on booze, which they patently can’t handle, turning them into bullies.

Decisive and deserved action by the club. Well done.

Leaving home with a knife is more than just getting tanked up & not being able to handle it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Oh, sorry - they were just a selection of the available odds. I can also do you:

Newly registered poster, telling us about how 'his mate' has been 'stitched up' @ 9/4

That it is all a result of 'Barber not understanding football fans' @ 3/1

and were he not banned, you'd have got 1/3 on ppf telling us that this represents all that is wrong with corporate modern football.

What about "It was just bantz" - 2/1?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why? The club aren't the law. These people haven't been found guilty of doing anything yet.

Also what exactly would you do with the information?

Perhaps that will follow with criminal cases. The club can’t prejudice that by unilaterall naming people.

Assaults, with the club must having ample evidence for these bans, will be pursued by the police and CPS.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Awaits responses, from the usual, defending the indefensible.

'Not as reported' @ 2/1
'Self defence' @ Evens
'Extreme provocation by the steward' @ 6/4
'Misunderstanding' @ 7/2

Whilst I’m not one of the ‘usual’ suspects some of this has made me feel uneasy, largely down to the lack of detail. So I’m going to play devils advocate.

Female doctor attending someone and attacked by them. The worse case is someone in their 20’s who’s had to much to drink spitting at/hitting a doctor. But it could also be the person in their 50’s who has had a tumble and has pushed away a doctor trying to help him due to embarrassment. There’s such a wide spectrum that could be covered by how it’s worded and that’s why it makes me a little uncomfortable.

My Granddad suffered from dementia and whilst in hospital woke up to two nurses speaking Thai. Confused and in unfamiliar surroundings he panicked and ended up twatting one of the nurses with his walking stick, hurting her pretty seriously. On the outside that’s a bloke assaulting a female nurse. But with context it’s much easier to understand why it happened. A vulnerable man woke up and his fight or flight instincts took over. He was a Brighton season ticket and away game regular for 40+ years, he still went right up until he was hospitalised. If he’d had a turn at a Brighton game... :shrug:

Threatening to stab a steward? Fair enough, lifetime ban.
Attacking innocent away fans? Yet again, perfectly acceptable to be given a ban.
Assaulting a doctor? You literally can’t tell if it’s a fair punishment or not unless you saw the entire incident.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Leaving home with a knife is more than just getting tanked up & not being able to handle it.

Steady on. There is no evidence that anybody had a knife. (Threats to stab, are just that).

Do you work for Sussex Police?

#knuckledusters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Point of order - he "threatened" to stab a steward, there's nothing saying he was actually carrying a knife.

Still a scumbag piece of filth, mind.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

The club haven’t said that anybody was found in possession of a weapon.

A drunken threat to stab somebody when you don’t have the means to do so isn’t completly out of the realms of possibility, but is still very very dumb.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Assaulting a doctor? You literally can’t tell if it’s a fair punishment or not unless you saw the entire incident.

I guess that's covered here:

“In the meantime, and with very clear evidence of the behaviour described, all of the fans involved – several of whom are season ticket holders, aged in their 20s to 50s - will receive lifetime bans.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I’m singing from the same hymn sheet as you all the way with this. :smile:

Alcohol is absolutely no excuse or mitigating factor IMO, it’s just my educated guess that these bullies were emboldened with booze. Football fans get pissed before/during matches, with 95% able to handle it, not turning into a cowardly thug.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Steady on. There is no evidence that anybody had a knife. (Threats to stab, are just that).

Do you work for Sussex Police?

#knuckledusters

Point of order - he "threatened" to stab a steward, there's nothing saying he was actually carrying a knife.

Still a scumbag piece of filth, mind.

Ah, it must have been one of those wooden stirring sticks.
Fair comment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'salt of the Earth'
'loves his mother'
'did so much during the dark age'

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Whilst I’m not one of the ‘usual’ suspects some of this has made me feel uneasy, largely down to the lack of detail. So I’m going to play devils advocate.

Female doctor attending someone and attacked by them. The worse case is someone in their 20’s who’s had to much to drink spitting at/hitting a doctor. But it could also be the person in their 50’s who has had a tumble and has pushed away a doctor trying to help him due to embarrassment. There’s such a wide spectrum that could be covered by how it’s worded and that’s why it makes me a little uncomfortable.

My Granddad suffered from dementia and whilst in hospital woke up to two nurses speaking Thai. Confused and in unfamiliar surroundings he panicked and ended up twatting one of the nurses with his walking stick, hurting her pretty seriously. On the outside that’s a bloke assaulting a female nurse. But with context it’s much easier to understand why it happened. A vulnerable man woke up and his fight or flight instincts took over. He was a Brighton season ticket and away game regular for 40+ years, he still went right up until he was hospitalised. If he’d had a turn at a Brighton game... :shrug:

Attacking innocent away fans? Yet again, perfectly acceptable to be given a ban.

I read it as Albion fan attacking a doctor who was treating a WBA fan. Could be wrong though.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Any medic would know the difference between the actions of a confused/demented individual and a volent yob behaving like a violent yob. It's all in the training and years of experience.

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham

I think you have misread it. I read it as the doctor was tending to the steward who had been assaulted and was assaulted whilst helping him. I could be wrong though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here