Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paddy McCourt

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'll take that as a "no" then.

Only for Barnsley against us when the team didn't turn up, anybody could have looked good against us that day, 1 good game in 45 and we want to sign him ... very weird logic .... sorry oh no it isn't no transfer fee is involved

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I agree that we shouldn't sign people for the sake of it, but you are aware that he's been on trial for a good week or more, so Sami has had opportunities to see if he's any good and must be suitably impressed in order for him to move.
Also, as I said earlier in this thread - who the hell is here of the supporters to judge a player who very few have seen more than one or two games to say if he's good enough?

Seriously, I'm sure people are trying to find pick holes to have a dig at the club.

I wouldn't trust Hyypia to make that call if he was good enough or not. I've seen nothing in Hyypia's coaching to convince me otherwise.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Only for Barnsley against us when the team didn't turn up, anybody could have looked good against us that day, 1 good game in 45 and we want to sign him ... very weird logic .... sorry oh no it isn't no transfer fee is involved

I wouldn't trust Hyypia to make that call if he was good enough or not. I've seen nothing in Hyypia's coaching to convince me otherwise.

:ffsparr:

I give up. There's no point in trying to have a well balanced, logical conversation on here at the moment.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
:ffsparr:

I give up. There's no point in trying to have a well balanced, logical conversation on here at the moment.

Not really mate. You are on a mission to defend the club/Hyypia/Barber rigorously . It's difficult to get through to people like you.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not really mate. You are on a mission to defend the club/Hyypia/Barber rigorously . It's difficult to get through to people like you.

I'm not 'rigorously' doing anything. I'll happily level blame at people when the time comes. Two games isn't it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yours is not well balanced though as it seems to be the company line no matter what, I glad you weren't around when Archer was in charge

So because it differs from your "blame everyone for everything" it's the 'Company line'? I am perfectly able to have my own ****ing opinions and my own ****ing thoughts without being told what to believe by some no mark privileged "supporter". If you read (you know what that is?) my post about, you'll see that I've said I'm happy and willing to blame the club WHEN THE TIME COMES. Two games isn't time to blame the club for anything.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
So because it differs from your "blame everyone for everything" it's the 'Company line'? I am perfectly able to have my own ****ing opinions and my own ****ing thoughts without being told what to believe by some no mark privileged "supporter". If you read (you know what that is?) my post about, you'll see that I've said I'm happy and willing to blame the club WHEN THE TIME COMES. Two games isn't time to blame the club for anything.
I never had you down as someone who loses their cool on a forum. I guess i misunderstood you. Chill mate.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If true this smacks of the sort of thing Dick Knight would have done , we need 6 or 7 players , well here's one.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I never had you down as someone who loses their cool on a forum. I guess i misunderstood you. Chill mate.

I'm not normally, but we all have a limit. It's like trying to bang your head against a brick wall sometimes! It seems that if someone has an opinion different to everyone else at the moment they're a licker/barber/bloom fan - when all I want from a forum is reasoned, balanced conversation. I'm fully aware that I'm in the minority (or so it seems) that don't have a knee-jerk reaction but why is that made to be a bad thing?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm casting doubts on this 'done deal'. Hyppia said he played for a few minutes in the Dev squad game before injuring his ankle. He also said he would want to see him play a bit longer.
He may play again on Monday night with the U21s, & then we could hear something.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

It just isn't worth bothering. You've already nailed it by saying you can't have a reasoned debate. For some people everything is black and white and there are never shades of grey. Its literally impossible to get any sense out of these people. It's perfectly possible to accept that things aren't currently necessarily how we would want them to be but then realise that there are reasons for this, some avoidable and some unavoidable. We can have a sensible debate about the rights and wrongs but it ain't going to happen with certain posters.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It just isn't worth bothering. You've already nailed it by saying you can't have a reasoned debate. For some people everything is black and white and there are never shades of grey. Its literally impossible to get any sense out of these people. It's perfectly possible to accept that things aren't currently necessarily how we would want them to be but then realise that there are reasons for this, some avoidable and some unavoidable. We can have a sensible debate about the rights and wrongs but it ain't going to happen with certain posters.

I'd like to think it's possible. I just don't know. It's not become enjoyable to post on this forum anymore.

Apologies to [MENTION=578]portslade seagull[/MENTION]. I've had a shitty few weeks and didn't mean to take it out on you.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm casting doubts on this 'done deal'. Hyppia said he played for a few minutes in the Dev squad game before injuring his ankle. He also said he would want to see him play a bit longer.
He may play again on Monday night with the U21s, & then we could hear something.

i'd say there was one big doubt

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'd like to think it's possible. I just don't know. It's not become enjoyable to post on this forum anymore.

Apologies to [MENTION=578]portslade seagull[/MENTION]. I've had a shitty few weeks and didn't mean to take it out on you.

In my job i regularly talk to about six other season ticket holders, and sometimes more in a week, none post on here and only a couple read the board , because of what one calls, the endless negativity. Don't worry , you are in the majority, a bit worried, but willing to wait until September 2nd to see what we've got.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
They really are doing a great job getting league 1 ready.

Average league 1 player.

Average at Celtic, just over a dozen international appearances for NI in the same amount of years and 0 assist and 2 goals for Barnsley.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
In my job i regularly talk to about six other season ticket holders, and sometimes more in a week, none post on here and only a couple read the board , because of what one calls, the endless negativity. Don't worry , you are in the majority, a bit worried, but willing to wait until September 2nd to see what we've got.
So no alarms bells ringing then? Just sit back and wait to see what unfolds on the 2nd? No points and no goals against two weaker sides doesn't concern you or the performances on the pitch? Fair enough then.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So no alarms bells ringing then? Just sit back and wait to see what unfolds on the 2nd? No points and no goals against two weaker sides doesn't concern you or the performances on the pitch? Fair enough then.

I have read your post over this close season, and you are the most negative poster on this board and that is saying something. Weve been through much worse than this before, I admit , it isnt great at the moment, but to carry like you have on here, any one would think it is April the Thirtieth, we're ten points behind and only three to play for. I will admit to being a glass half full sort of supporter, and I know some on here are a glass half empty sorts, but you are so bloody negative about everything, I dont think you've even got a glass.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I have read your post over this close season, and you are the most negative poster on this board and that is saying something. Weve been through much worse than this before, I admit , it isnt great at the moment, but to carry like you have on here, any one would think it is April the Thirtieth, we're ten points behind and only three to play for. I will admit to being a glass half full sort of supporter, and I know some on here are a glass half empty sorts, but you are so bloody negative about everything, I dont think you've even got a glass.
Most negative poster or just being realistic? I thought long and hard about my posts because there's a certain tinge of negativity about them and maybe i should change my thinking. But then i look at my continuous thumbs up from people which suggests i'm bang on the money on most things. Funny that. Now do your usual trick and give me another thumbs down. That's what you like doing to my posts right?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here