Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender **SIGNED and LOANED to DERBY**

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Balogun sadly makes a mistake every time he plays, therefore is never going to be more than a back up for us.

If we are going 3 at the back we need another CB assuming no one leaves and we need someone who can play as a wing back on the right.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Balogun sadly makes a mistake every time he plays, therefore is never going to be more than a back up for us.

If we are going 3 at the back we need another CB assuming no one leaves and we need someone who can play as a wing back on the right.

Schelotto is a wing back :thumbsup: And, depending on how we set up up-field, I also think March could make the transition to wing back.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Need a left footer with an ability to pass on the left side of the back 3:

Balogun-Dunk-Clarke

Fits the bill.
Well, now that NSC seems to have decided that Potter won't like Duffy and will bin him off, play with a back three, and bring forward young talent whose experience is only at a lower level (albeit playing very well at that level), why not White-Dunk-Clarke?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well, now that NSC seems to have decided that Potter won't like Duffy and will bin him off, play with a back three, and bring forward young talent whose experience is only at a lower level (albeit playing very well at that level), why not White-Dunk-Clarke?

Great call re Ben White, can’t comment on Clarke....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Schelotto is out till 2020 so I still think we’d need an option even if we were bringing him back

You also have to consider that Schelloto relies on a marauding energetic style of play. Given the injury is one year plus, and the fact he's not a young player, it's entirely possible he never will be the player he was before the injury (in the same way CMS and Lua Lua never really got back to how they were).

I'd be surprised to see him in the stripes again

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Not at all, once a bid has been accepted, the players agent can legitimately demand any matching bid must also be accepted.

If we deny interest, and hold off making a bid, knowing the player wants to join us, we can wait for another team to bid an accepted fee. We then match that bid at the last minute, without pushing the price higher.

Something Chelsea did to Tottenham when they bought Willian.

Thats the opposite of a bidding war.

Well two or more clubs interested means the price will tend to go up... supply and demand and all that...

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I am sure they said this about Dunk once.

Probably true, but he was young, inexperienced and we had the luxury of playing at a lower level.

None of these are true currently about Balogun or the level we are playing at.

I’m not suggesting we get rid or that he isn’t any good .... I’m just stating he makes a mistake every game that has cost us a goal.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No news on Clarke... are Pompey playing hardball?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
To play hardball we would have had to put a bid in

Which as yet we haven’t apparently.

Hmmm... you don’t think we are already chatting with Pompey then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here