Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What changes would you like to see at the AMEX, when we return in August?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Hopefully without repeating others...

Circular shelving around the steel uprights on the concourses

Management of the slip road at Falmer (let busses use inside lane)

Management of P&R top of Mill Road (at roundabout)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Escalators. Big ones. Built outside the existing structure.

It won't be the shite football, the relegations or even the 180 mile round trip that eventually curtails my pilgrimages to the Amex. It will be the stairs to West upper.

And, no, I'm not moving down a bit. The view is crap. Like watching conference football.

Come over to the ESU, great view and only a few steps!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If we have a season ticket waiting list and many that want to buy match by match tickets is there a demand, say at the Academy, the beach, Hove Park or Churchill Square area for a BoxPark style giant screen event for home and away games?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Sort out the traffic lights at village way. Should have a "match day setting". All to often everyone is waiting on red, and no cars are passing across. It should be on green 90% of the time. Especially evening games.
Why have the flat 45 minute restriction on leaving Bennets Field car park. When we are "released", we still drive past people queuing for the buses? Buses must still have priority when leaving, but they would be back sooner if not having to wait for those lights again......

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
A half time relay race around the pitch between Albion kids and kids from the opposition side. This was done at the Millwall cup tie at the Den and it was good fun cheering them on.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Article in the Independent today:
“Potter, who was coincidentally on the south coast on Thursday night watching the Sky Bet League One play-off between Portsmouth and Sunderland, is expected to make his decision over the weekend.”

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Article in the Independent today:
“Potter, who was coincidentally on the south coast on Thursday night watching the Sky Bet League One play-off between Portsmouth and Sunderland, is expected to make his decision over the weekend.”
Have you posted this in the wrong thread?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Is there any implication regarding Health and Safety regarding outside catering and toilet facilities? I looked at page 10 on this pdf but it isn't really that clear. I'm another one that doesn't stay outside long due to non existent toilets.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would be good if this was forwarded to Mr Barber, some good ideas here
Sadly this is a perennial thread with the same comments.

Outside toilets.
More seating.
More shelving.
Falmer Way traffic lights.

But as yet us customers havent been listened too.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Move the away fans to a corner/side block and have home fans behind both goals.

How about splitting the away fans to opposite corners of the ground and grouped into 1500 seats. That'll stop them trying to drown out the home fan's singing. Make sure it's not the corners near the media so all anyone can hear will be us.
As for keeping the seagulls away? (Studio150) So, you want to get rid of the seagulls and install an Eagle maybe? :sick:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Outside toilets.
More seating.
More shelving.

In the 1st couple os seasons didn't the Police regulate the Traffic lights to do just that

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Remove 'Hey Jude' from the pre-match build up. IT is such a universal football song I have yet to see it not rouse the away fans into singing. It wakes them up and gets them going more than it seems to get our fans going (since we hear it every other week and they get it once a season).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Outside toilets.
More seating.
More shelving.

I guess there is a fairly straightforward reason why the same things come up each year but don't get resolved...

Earlier, in the BHA Boardroom...

"Hey, Mr Barber. The fans are still saying they would like more outside toilets, more seating, additional shelving plus traffic lights at Falmer Way."
"Okay. Let me look at that Impact Study plus the PowerPoint presentation we did this time last year...Will providing any of these things cost us money?"
"Yes."
"Will providing any of these things generate any additional revenue to offset the cost?"
"No."
"Will 'doing nothing' impact negatively on attendances?"
"Nope."
"Would outside dunnies, more seats, extra shelving and traffic lights at Falmer Way shift any more tickets?"
"Probably not, no."
"Right - as we were then! Trebles all round!"

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Switch the dugouts back so ours is on the right of the tunnel exit, as with Gus. Stops opposing managers being in the Lino’s ear all match.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
If we have a season ticket waiting list and many that want to buy match by match tickets is there a demand, say at the Academy, the beach, Hove Park or Churchill Square area for a BoxPark style giant screen event for home and away games?

I dont think that would be allowed, I might be wrong but I dont think 3pm or non televised games can be shown live?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess there is a fairly straightforward reason why the same things come up each year but don't get resolved...

Earlier, in the BHA Boardroom...

"Hey, Mr Barber. The fans are still saying they would like more outside toilets, more seating, additional shelving plus traffic lights at Falmer Way."
"Okay. Let me look at that Impact Study plus the PowerPoint presentation we did this time last year...Will providing any of these things cost us money?"
"Yes."
"Will providing any of these things generate any additional revenue to offset the cost?"
"No."
"Will 'doing nothing' impact negatively on attendances?"
"Nope."
"Would outside dunnies, more seats, extra shelving and traffic lights at Falmer Way shift any more tickets?"
"Probably not, no."
"Right - as we were then! Trebles all round!"
That probably isnt too far from the truth, and in some way perfectly acceptable.
That is when you have a loyal 'customer' base who are all but guaranteed to financially support you despite losing £30+m a year.

Not providing some more seats, a bit of shelving and an outside karzi, while simultaneously raising prices and posting an 8 digit profit is less understandable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here