Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich City - back off

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
For the record I have, am and always will be in the Hughton in crowd and was devastated to learn of the news that he had been sacked today. What rubs salt in the wound is Norwich City fans on social media and here taking it as yet another chance to have a pop at Chris.

For the record, Norwich, we are not like you. Even those Albion fans most vehemently calling for Hughton to go will still remember him as a legend and possibly the best ever manager at Brighton and Hove Albion football club. You don’t remember him fondly and sacked Hughton with games remaining and still went down, whereas we had the sense to stick with him and allow him to see the job out and keep us up. If you think you’re coming up to the Premier League with your current brand of football then you’ll have an almighty shock and let’s see how pragmatic Farke becomes when you’re getting torn apart like Fulham.

Chris Hughton is one of the most dignified human beings in football, hence why journalists and many fans have reacted the way they did. He was the face of our football club and made us one of the most well-respected teams in the land. We don’t need you to come and tarnish our view of him because it won’t. I can now start to see why Ipswich find you so insufferably arrogant.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
For the record I have, am and always will be in the Hughton in crowd and was devastated to learn of the news that he had been sacked today. What rubs salt in the wound is Norwich City fans on social media and here taking it as yet another chance to have a pop at Chris.

For the record, Norwich, we are not like you. Even those Albion fans most vehemently calling for Hughton to go will still remember him as a legend and possibly the best ever manager at Brighton and Hove Albion football club. You don’t remember him fondly and sacked Hughton with games remaining and still went down, whereas we had the sense to stick with him and allow him to see the job out and keep us up. If you think you’re coming up to the Premier League with your current brand of football then you’ll have an almighty shock and let’s see how pragmatic Farke becomes when you’re getting torn apart like Fulham.

Chris Hughton is one of the most dignified human beings in football, hence why journalists and many fans have reacted the way they did. He was the face of our football club and made us one of the most well-respected teams in the land. We don’t need you to come and tarnish our view of him because it won’t. I can now start to see why Ipswich find you so insufferably arrogant.

TBF, Norwich fans were there in numbers to support us in our hour of need on Fans United Day against Hartlepool.

LVGull

May 13, 2016

Bravo. Take a bow @Shootingstar

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Jeez, the endless swathe of Norwich fans lining up for the past four years to criticise Hughton has been far more boring than almost any of the games I saw last season. He left you years ago: move on and pipe down, you tedious, graceless bunch of bumhats.

They're even worse now: every single one seemingly convinced they're going to tear the Premier League a new one with their scintillating passing football and goalscoring prowess. I look forward immensely to them watching Teemu Pukki, after one prolific season in his entire career so far, rediscover the sort of form that led Celtic fans to conclude he was too crap even for the MTL.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Surprised Farke has not been mentioned as he has done a phenomenal job at Norwich

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Jeez, the endless swathe of Norwich fans lining up for the past four years to criticise Hughton has been far more boring than almost any of the games I saw last season. He left you years ago: move on and pipe down, you tedious, graceless bunch of bumhats.

They're even worse now: every single one seemingly convinced they're going to tear the Premier League a new one with their scintillating passing football and goalscoring prowess. I look forward immensely to them watching Teemu Pukki, after one prolific season in his entire career so far, rediscover the sort of form that led Celtic fans to conclude he was too crap even for the MTL.
This.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

Amen. And I look forward to the next Chris Hughton-led team having the pleasure of spanking Norwich 5-0 in revenge like we did at the Amex.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I really wanted Chris to stay so that he could have the opportunity to turn it around and I was also really hoping he could stick it to Norwich next season just because at times their constant sniping about him on social media has been relentless. Sadly they'll take this as a victory, they were right, he was never up to it. As the day has gone on I have moved away from being angry to taking the positives that at least we can move forward now without the constant polls and fan division every week and hopefully we can make a good appointment and crack on but Chris Hughton has been fantastic for this football club and should always be held in the highest of regards.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
I have a mate who support Norwich.. This was his response today.

No way! Norwich were 4th bottom in prem league with 5 games to go. Hughton was sacked and we went down finishing 3rd bottom. i'm convinced he'd have kept us up, admittedly by the skin of our teeth. Good manager and sure he'll be seen at another PL club. Onwards and upwards. Looking forward to next season and hope Brighton board got something up their sleeve! Norwich fan didn't take to Farke but look at us now.

Living up here in Doncaster every other mate (who obviously don't support Brighton) has expressed their shock, disbelief in Hughton's sacking. All saying its a terrible decision.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

:laugh::thumbsup:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

You are Chris Sutton, and I claim my five pounds :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I really wanted Chris to stay so that he could have the opportunity to turn it around and I was also really hoping he could stick it to Norwich next season just because at times their constant sniping about him on social media has been relentless. Sadly they'll take this as a victory, they were right, he was never up to it. As the day has gone on I have moved away from being angry to taking the positives that at least we can move forward now without the constant polls and fan division every week and hopefully we can make a good appointment and crack on but Chris Hughton has been fantastic for this football club and should always be held in the highest of regards.

Oh, the polls and fan division will be here. It's what we football supporters are like these days (although I suspect that you shouldn't be included in that).

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Bumhats Bumhats Bumhats Bumhats ........ yes, I like it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here