Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bong has played 266 games at senior level in his career. He is the player who Lukaku kicked in the nuts at OLd Trafford earlier in the game? Did he complain? Nope. He didn't even go down. So here's a question for the Burnley fans defending the booing of Bong for making a complaint that he had been racially abused:

Given Bong's long career, why did he choose that player, at that moment, in that game, to report racist remarks made to him by a fellow professional player?

PLEASE try to be logical and coherent; you haven't done so well so far.[/QUOTE]

I think you may be hoping for a miracle there....the small posse of Burnley posters don't seem to have achieved much to date...one does wonder how they will cope in Europe next year

They'll be ok as long as they get drawn against a nice Scandinavian side...

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The FA have condemned it, Kick It Out have condemned it, BHA have condemned it, Hughton has condemned it, Burnley FC have not. Says everything you need to know, how can you expect fans of Burnley to act civilised when their club can't.

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015
But you said more than one of your fans (including your mate) heard our fans sing "town full of pakis"

Get this reported now so there can be an investigation on it to get this sorted out. No one wants to hear racism at football matches, even if it's our own fans or players doing it.

As said, I didn't hear it and I can't make complaints on behalf of someone else and I also think it's possible, even likely he misheard it. But say I did hear it and it there wasn't a chance I misheard, I've not got any evidence or recordings, it was apparently a small group and sung whilst another unacceptable chant was being sung by a larger number of cockwombles so there's likely not going to be any evidence of it on the microphones and if there is it'll be picked up in the investigation being carried out into the monkey chants anyway so what would be the point? The outcome would be the same regardless.

I assume, given your insistence here that you've reported Burnley for the homophobic chants?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
The FA have condemned it, Kick It Out have condemned it, BHA have condemned it, Hughton has condemned it, Burnley FC have not. Says everything you need to know, how can you expect fans of Burnley to act civilised when their club can't.

Glad to see the FA say something. I'd expect a waffly statement from Burnley FC some time soon.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
As said, I didn't hear it and I can't make complaints on behalf of someone else and I also think it's possible, even likely he misheard it. But say I did hear it and it there wasn't a chance I misheard, I've not got any evidence or recordings, it was apparently a small group and sung whilst another unacceptable chant was being sung by a larger number of cockwombles so there's likely not going to be any evidence of it on the microphones and if there is it'll be picked up in the investigation being carried out into the monkey chants anyway so what would be the point? The outcome would be the same regardless.

I assume, given your insistence here that you've reported Burnley for the homophobic chants?

Monkey chants? When did that happen? I was only aware that your fans were booing Bong because he made a complaint about being racially abused.

As for the homophobic chants, I think that's already been reported considering your own fans have admitted to it on twitter and on a live radio phone in.

The one thing Bong and the Burnley fans definitely both have in common is that they both have made racial abuse allegations which they were on the receiving end of. So remind me, why were you booing Bong?

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015
I'm not even convinced we're speaking the same language. This is utterly insane.

You said Burnley fans showing support for JR is "a bit like" Alabama residents voting for Roy Moore. So you're likening supporting JR to supporting an accused paedophile, so I'm not sure where else that ultimately leads without you likening an unproven accusation of racism against JR to an accusation of paedophilia.

Unless you meant it's "not at all like" in which case I agree, but that's one hell of a typo.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
The FA said in a statement: "The FA considers the behaviour of some supporters on Saturday towards Gaetan Bong to be unacceptable.

"It needs repeating, following the recent disciplinary matter, that there was no suggestion by any party involved in that case that the player made a malicious or fabricated complaint. The FA was wholly satisfied that the complaint was made in absolute good faith.

"The FA takes all allegations of discrimination extremely seriously and continues to encourage all participants who believe that they have been the subject of or witness to discriminatory abuse to report this through the appropriate channels."

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015
Monkey chants? When did that happen? I was only aware that your fans were booing Bong because he made a complaint about being racially abused.

As for the homophobic chants, I think that's already been reported considering your own fans have admitted to it on twitter and on a live radio phone in.

The one thing Bong and the Burnley fans definitely both have in common is that they both have made racial abuse allegations which they were on the receiving end of. So remind me, why were you booing Bong?

So you haven't reported it?

And RE: monkey chants http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16192600.Albion_investigate_Bong_abuse_claims/

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You said Burnley fans showing support for JR is "a bit like" Alabama residents voting for Roy Moore. So you're likening supporting JR to supporting an accused paedophile, so I'm not sure where else that ultimately leads without you likening an unproven accusation of racism against JR to an accusation of paedophilia.

That's quite a journey you went on there :lolol:

He was talking about football tribalism meaning people will take a side on something related to social events and way above football.

Not quite where you've ended up. Still great effort to get there.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

Wow! If that's true, then bloody hell some of your fans need their head examining. If true, disgraceful.

As you ignored it, I'll repeat agin: The one thing Bong and the Burnley fans definitely both have in common right now is that they both have made racial abuse allegations which they were both on the receiving end of. So remind me, why were you booing Bong?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
the fa said in a statement: "the fa considers the behaviour of some supporters on saturday towards gaetan bong to be unacceptable.

"it needs repeating, following the recent disciplinary matter, that there was no suggestion by any party involved in that case that the player made a malicious or fabricated complaint. The fa was wholly satisfied that the complaint was made in absolute good faith.

"the fa takes all allegations of discrimination extremely seriously and continues to encourage all participants who believe that they have been the subject of or witness to discriminatory abuse to report this through the appropriate channels."

booooooooooo!!!!!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Their inaction speaks volumes, but i'm not surprised

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Unless you meant it's "not at all like" in which case I agree, but that's one hell of a typo.

I'm talking about tribalism and how it can cause people to back some pretty dreadful things in the name of "reds v blues" - I think you are intentionally missing my point here and trying to sensationalise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here