Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 14-16 / 9 / 19

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My Watford supporting neighbour is so desperate for a win, if they do, I reckon he'll name his son after the whole team (minus Troll Deeney).
That's when he's born :lolol:

Watched the last 15 mins, Arsenal all over the place and second to everything. An equaliser would not be a surprise.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Balls. We are going to have to take some points off the big boys this year if we want to stay up - especially after dropping points in 3 home games v winnable opposition

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Balls. We are going to have to take some points off the big boys this year if we want to stay up - especially after dropping points in 3 home games v winnable opposition

Watford were threatening top 6 last season, now they are bottom.

Too early to worry about things are going marvellously for everyone else (they’re not), whilst the Albion are stinking out the division (they’re not).

If Propper had stayed in a defensive position yesterday to stop the equaliser, we’d have walked away with a deserved win. Dyche admitted they lost control of the game after 15 minutes. Small margins. Tons of football to play.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
:bowdown: incredible sporting foresight. You need to get into gambling.

Nah, Arsenal looked absolutely dire in the 15 mins I watched and Watford were all over them and threatening every time they came forward. When they did dispossess Watford, Arsenal were trying to move the ball around in the last third in their own area being closed down and then hoofing upfield and losing it. It was quite a familiar tactic to me :lolol:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I still can't get used to not wanting the underdog to win in this division but all the time we are dropping points at home we can't afford for the likes of Palace to win at Man U, Newcastle to beat Spurs or Norwich to perhaps beat Man City.

Same again today with Watford, loving that result for all the Home Counties plastics who follow Arsenal, but it wasn’t great from our point of view. Not easy ‘rewiring yourself’ from a lifetime of wanting the underdog to win.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Too early to worry about things are going marvellously for everyone else (they’re not), whilst the Albion are stinking out the division (they’re not).

If Propper had stayed in a defensive position yesterday to stop the equaliser, we’d have walked away with a deserved win. Dyche admitted they lost control of the game after 15 minutes. Small margins. Tons of football to play.

I think what's worrying is that there doesn't appear to be any team stinking out the division this season. Last year we had 3 (plus us!) but everyone, including Watford now, have made starts. I agree there's a very long way to go but we may well have to be significantly better in terms of points this season and dropped points this early don't help. But hopefully we can turn performances into points soon and all will be well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think what's worrying is that there doesn't appear to be any team stinking out the division this season. Last year we had 3 (plus us!) but everyone, including Watford now, have made starts. I agree there's a very long way to go but we may well have to be significantly better in terms of points this season and dropped points this early don't help. But hopefully we can turn performances into points soon and all will be well.

Last season we stunk the division out, we were shite, obviously along with Cardiff and the other 2. If Cardiff had pipped us, no Albion fan would’ve denied that we deserved Championship football.

I know what you mean. In 2017/18 it was a relief to see Stoke, Swansea and WBA be so inept. Every club this season seems to have upped the ante.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well that'll teach me to judge the Jugged Eared tw@t so early, after watching last nights MOTD :D

What were his main points then?

The Arse were a shambles second half. That goal kick routine is so ****ish and has to go. Sadly they will improve by the time we play them.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

You're right, of course. Such early days, and one positive is that with the new style of football I do see us hopefully getting more points on the road this season. It would be bloody nice to see us win at home sometime soon, though!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You're right, of course. Such early days, and one positive is that with the new style of football I do see us hopefully getting more points on the road this season. It would be bloody nice to see us win at home sometime soon, though!

I haven’t seen a home PL win in 2019 ... I couldn’t go to the Hudd match.

I naively thought the three points were ‘in the bag’ yesterday.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I haven’t seen a home PL win in 2019 ... I couldn’t go to the Hudd match.

I naively thought the three points were ‘in the bag’ yesterday.

Lol I have this conversation whenever we are winning. 2-0 at 80 mins and I’m always thinking we can screw up. 1-0 and I expect us to feck up. 3-0 at 80 mins I am reasonably confident. :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lol I have this conversation whenever we are winning. 2-0 at 80 mins and I’m always thinking we can screw up. 1-0 and I expect us to feck up. 3-0 at 80 mins I am reasonably confident. :lolol:

I even envisaged Connolly being put through to make it 2-0.

I had a very similar time remaining/score scale to yours in the Poyet/Garcia/Hyppia Amex years. It was hard to shake off those fears until CH started delivering win after win.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What were his main points then?

The Arse were a shambles second half. That goal kick routine is so ****ish and has to go. Sadly they will improve by the time we play them.

I was talking about the Albion game on MOTD, where they actually said something about the Albion and little on Burnley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here