Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Deport all the remainers to Iceland ? The country not the frozen food shop !

If that were remotely possible, I'd happily accept although:-

Why should the majority move?
&
What are you doing with the 30+ million scumbags who didn't vote?

After all this silent majority are as much to blame for the impasse as Dave, Farridge & Corbs.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Deport all the remainers to Iceland ? The country not the frozen food shop !

You're a couple of steps ahead, but deportations have been used as solutions to questions in the past elsewhere and it was always the ideological purest zealots to the cause, like yourself, who come up with the idea. Give it time though.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You're a couple of steps ahead, but deportations have been used as solutions to questions in the past elsewhere and it was always the ideological purest zealots to the cause, like yourself, who come up with the idea. Give it time though.

Some of them are ideologically half way there, as you say.......

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Purge of the ruling party first, get rid of the moderates is often a first step.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
See [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] - cold and humourless ..... they'll fit in well on that cold rock !

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The remainers should leave and the leavers should remain?

Well by leaving the remainers would remain in the EU sort of and by remaining the leavers would leave. Shit this is getting confusing !

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
When a referendum is held, you go with the most votes, not against it.
It's just not democratic, to go against the grain, sometimes you just have to take it on the chin.
I assume you have never been in business before, as the chin seems quite fragile.

I am pleased to see you are not following through with your intention to ignore those who challenge you.
Using the usual physical metaphors to back up your arguments, perhaps unconsciously, maintains your theme of violent enforcement......
Democracy did not end in June 2016 and it is an inconvenient truth for you that a lot of people think Brexit is bad for us all - and within the law are prepared to stand against it. It is our democratic right, no matter how intimidating the threat of a 'punch on the chin' may feel.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Thunder bolt said that referendums are advisory. That differs from all that has been said, and was reported at the time, so I looked it up.

"Referendums are not legally binding, so legally the Government can ignore the results;"
Wikipedia

Perhaps they should have made that clear at the time , then debated it and chucked it out if they disagreed

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Feel free to show me where I've aligned myself with no deal ? I just hope you're better at reading the orders for paper clips than you are reading posts on here.

Both - it was idiotic not to start planning for a no deal immediately - it made our position weak. No deal is my option over Chequers ..... it clearly isn't the best deal but we've passed the point of getting anything decent out of the EU.

Just one example from many.

You have said consistently, and over a significant period of time, that you have preferred 'no deal' to any of the deals that have been under consideration.

I have asked a number of times (as you pointed out) what deal you would accept and you have been completely incapable of describing this fantasy 'good deal' that you would accept, even in the briefest of outlines.

It's akin to me saying 'If I can't get a Bugatti La Voiture Noire, I'm getting a Robin Reliant' and, when people ask me how I'm going to afford the Bugatti, getting upset that I don't have an answer, whilst people are taking the piss out of me driving round doing an impression of Rodney :shrug:

You have aligned yourself with 'no deal' multiple times.

And I'm stunned that the paper clips thing is still winding you up. I retired nearly 10 years ago and haven't touched a paper clip since :lolol:

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I am pleased to see you are not following through with your intention to ignore those who challenge you.
Using the usual physical metaphors to back up your arguments, perhaps unconsciously, maintains your theme of violent enforcement......
Democracy did not end in June 2016 and it is an inconvenient truth to you that a lot of people think Brexit is bad for us all and within the law are prepared to stand against it. It is our democratic right, no matter how intimidating the threat of a 'punch on the chin' may feel.

So, post next GE, if we're not happy with the final score we start marches, petitions, laws, short @rsed little upstarts as Speakers and sabotage the whole thing?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Purge of the ruling party first, get rid of the moderates is often a first step.

Yep, with had that and we've also had - play the victim and blame game, attack the judiciary, civil service and other institutions of Government, the desire to give overriding powers to the executive, obsession with borders, nationalism, mistrust of and an ongoing narrative of subjugation by neighbouring countries, claim that they are the true patriots - now deportations muted as a solution by the ideologues to the cause.

I'm not sure if the leader, with a name created for him as term of endearment and inherent deference by a sympathetic press to be used by the public, trying to recreate the police academy movies in Wakefield was all part of the plan, but control and influence of the state security apparatus is definitely next on the 'to do' list.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yep, with had that and we've also had - play the victim and blame game, attack the judiciary, civil service and other institutions of Government, the desire to give overriding powers to the executive, obsession with borders, nationalism, mistrust of and an ongoing narrative of subjugation by neighbouring countries, claim that they are the true patriots - now deportations muted as a solution by the ideologues to the cause.

I'm not sure if the leader, with a name created for him as term of endearment and inherent deference by a sympathetic press to be used by the public, trying to recreate the police academy movies in Wakefield was all part of the plan, but control and influence of the state security apparatus is definitely next on the 'to do' list.

I am certain that the Police Academy thing was planned by Johnson's team.

You could almost hear the faceslaps (or headslap in Cumming's case) as he f***ed that up as well :laugh:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Losers still flailing about on here.Even the dimwit Bercow has figured out we're Leaving,and saving his final flounce for the 31st!:flounce::flounce::flounce::lolol:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
So, post next GE, if we're not happy with the final score we start marches, petitions, laws, short @rsed little upstarts as Speakers and sabotage the whole thing?

What on earth do you mean 'we start laws'? Who is 'we' in this case?
Do you not think the emotive language you use (presumably describing the Speaker of the House) undermines the gravitas of your point?
You seem to be ranting rather than making a salient point.....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Corbin, does anyone really want this man as PM?

That's Corbyn not Corbin.

Corbyn has had a full time job for the last 35 years.

Posts like that a such a yawn as they offer nothing to debate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here