Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Kosovo 7.45 tonight @ St Mary's (capacity 32,505)

el punal

I doubt Wembley would've been packed out tonight for a game against Kosovo. I'm a fan of sending it out round the country, I thought it worked brilliantly when they did it while Wembley was being rebuilt.

St Mary's will be packed to the rafters, fans close to the pitch, should be a decent atmosphere. Whats not to like ?

Saints fans might get the chance to see some decent football for a change. :D

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It was trialled again last year when they played friendlies at Elland Road and at Leicester. Seems the FA feel it works well. Not sure if there is some sort of bidding process.

The friendly at Elland Road was brilliant. Sharing 4 or so games a Calendar year around the country I think would work quite well.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
The friendly at Elland Road was brilliant. Sharing 4 or so games a Calendar year around the country I think would work quite well.

I could be wrong, but I think most countries vary their international venues. I'm not sure that using the same stadium is the norm where others are available.

Of all places, it would seem most unusual here.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
It makes perfect sense to me.

Should be a decent atmosphere and leaves the door open for England, on day, coming to the AMEX, for a full and competitive match.

What's not to like?

The 20,000 Kosovan fans allegedly in town for the game might suggest it was a bit of a boob to not host it at Wembley.

Re the Amex I don’t think it has a UEFA grading >4 stars which are the criteria I believe for a full international. Could well be wrong on that one mind

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
The 20,000 Kosovan fans allegedly in town for the game might suggest it was a bit of a boob to not host it at Wembley.

Re the Amex I don’t think it has a UEFA grading >4 stars which are the criteria I believe for a full international. Could well be wrong on that one mind

The AMEX not having such a grading would seem strange when some other country's home stadiums are considered.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Now this should be interesting.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Going to be interesting to see the character of this England team now. Good test

Do we play calm controlled football or go headless chicken running around at full pelt with no composure

Keep the ball, make Kosovo wear themselves out chasing us and the gaps will appear

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here