Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You think all men behave throughout their lives like they did as a student? To be fair, some do, but most grow up.

Is that normal, even for a student? I missed out on such hilarity. gh.JPG

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
"Guide to Understanding Women written in 1986 advises on 'how to pick up virgins' and has choice lines including 'let's name your breasts'"

"If you want to pull a drunk girl, offer to take her home and name her breasts. To get her to leave after sex, suggest she might be accidentally infected with Aids."

The author of these and other gems of relationship advice was today revealed to be...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/dec/04/john-bercow-guide-understanding-women

So what is your point?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
ED2tIcwXkAc9yWl.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is that normal, even for a student? I missed out on such hilarity.

Most men like to boast of their conquests. I suggest he wrote that for laughs rather than it actually happening. I don't know, of course, I never moved in such circles.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
[tweet]1171369140290031616[/tweet]

what critics of Bercow fail to recognise or accept is that the speaker is not supposed to be un-partisan towards the government. the speaker is expected to be unbias towards the parties in parliament, while upholding the rights of parliament over the government. his methods have gone too far but he has done his job.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
what critics of Bercow fail to recognise or accept is that the speaker is not supposed to be un-partisan towards the government. the speaker is expected to be unbias towards the parties in parliament, while upholding the rights of parliament over the government. his methods have gone too far but he has done his job.

"un-partisan towards the government" - That doesn't mean anything or make sense.

One party is always in government and others are in opposition. The speaker is supposed to adjudicate in line with the rules of order of the House and without favor. He isn't supposed to exhibit his own personal political views, which he has done countless times.

John Bercow has brought the Chair, and has allowed the Commons as a whole to bring themselves, into disrepute.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
"Guide to Understanding Women written in 1986 advises on 'how to pick up virgins' and has choice lines including 'let's name your breasts'"

"If you want to pull a drunk girl, offer to take her home and name her breasts. To get her to leave after sex, suggest she might be accidentally infected with Aids."

The author of these and other gems of relationship advice was today revealed to be...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/dec/04/john-bercow-guide-understanding-women

I await the outrage for how Boris treats woman.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don't know all of Boris' middle names.... could be either or both!

One of his middle names is Boris.
Alexander Boris DePfeffel Johnson.
Apparently, his family all call him Al, but, he thought Boris would be more memorable, so, in conclusion, he’s always been a bit of a fraudt

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Geoffrey Boycott tells #r4today that one of the reasons he supports Brexit is because he blames membership of the EU for being convicted of assault in France. Rather than the fact the assault actually happened in France. How sadly illuminating.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The second, third and fourth sentences of HM Government's response to petitioners against prorogation...

"We must respect the referendum result and the UK will be leaving the EU on 31 October whatever the circumstances. The UK will be leaving the EU on 31 October whatever the circumstances. We must respect the referendum result."

And we're supposed to take these people seriously?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here