Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It would appear Florin retrospectively failed the clubs "No Dickheads" policy, and was moved on accordingly. I cannot think of a single logical reason for this decision other than that.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
If Naylor is believed then he is leaving because he wanted guaranteed Prem minutes, which obviously Potter wasn't going to say yes to. So this could be one of the (appears many) reasons why he has left.

But the players know exactly what happens if you get sent off, you get thrown out of the Club! Florin and Max!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Potter, likely with Ashworth, has identified the narcissists who will disrupt the group and will need to play to soothe their psyches. Andone, Locadia, Knockaert all gone. Kayal as well, though to a much lesser extent.

The 'no dickheads' test has been upgraded.
Now 'no narcissists' added, and perhaps soon 'no booze brothers'.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Potter, likely with Ashworth, has identified the narcissists who will disrupt the group and will need to play to soothe their psyches. Andone, Locadia, Knockaert all gone. Kayal as well, though to a much lesser extent.

The 'no dickheads' test has been upgraded.

Hope we don’t move into a “sycophants” only policy :smile:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure that he's flexible enough. Not convinced he can cleanly receive the ball in tight situations, or spot a quick pass an move on. His game seems mostly to consist of keep running inside until he thinks he can get a shot away. Hope I wrong, or maybe GP can coach him.

Goal at Stoke two seasons ago would suggest that you are wrong

We need to totally ignore the thoughts on the Jose we saw last season imo. I have no idea why we played an injured and unfit player

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
In January! Half the season is done by then.
They may well be concerned, but they're hardly going to publicise that.
That our strikers are an ageing Murray, a Championship striker, and a player from the under 23s who, apart from coming on with 25 minutes to go to see us lose 4-0 against city, has played two games at League 1 level. It's not complicated.

Sorry but I think I will trust in the billionaire fan who has the club's best interest at heart, the Coach who seems more than capable to make very good decisions and the rest of the very professional management team to know what they are doing.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
In January! Half the season is done by then.
They may well be concerned, but they're hardly going to publicise that.
That our strikers are an ageing Murray, a Championship striker, and a player from the under 23s who, apart from coming on with 25 minutes to go to see us lose 4-0 against city, has played two games at League 1 level. It's not complicated.

I have to agree.. whether it was a no dickheads policy that got him pushed out or something else. It leaves us very very short up front. So we start with Murray and Maupay, then Connelly replaces Murray on 65mins.
That’s basically what will happen in every game. If one of them gets injured, we are F*cked.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not sure that he's flexible enough. Not convinced he can cleanly receive the ball in tight situations, or spot a quick pass an move on. His game seems mostly to consist of keep running inside until he thinks he can get a shot away. Hope I wrong, or maybe GP can coach him.

Interesting points. Last season I don't think he'd have suited any manager's type of player.

What I would say though, is that first season, his cutting in and threatening the box probably more suits our now 3-4-3 than it did Hughton's 4-3-3.

It's interesting as Daniel James strikes me as similar, very quick, coming in from wide, often quite selfish in going for goal. Not seen enough of James to make anything like a direct comparison, but my gut reaction is they are of the same mould.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Interesting points. Last season I don't think he'd have suited any manager's type of player.

What I would say though, is that first season, his cutting in and threatening the box probably more suits our now 3-4-3 than it did Hughton's 4-3-3.

It's interesting as Daniel James strikes me as similar, very quick, coming in from wide, often quite selfish in going for goal. Not seen enough of James to make anything like a direct comparison, but my gut reaction is they are of the same mould.

Jose was very quick.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have to agree.. whether it was a no dickheads policy that got him pushed out or something else. It leaves us very very short up front. So we start with Murray and Maupay, then Connelly replaces Murray on 65mins.
That’s basically what will happen in every game. If one of them gets injured, we are F*cked.

Bit of a strange conclusion that he'll start with Murray and Maupay every game when after 4 he hasn't done that once yet. More likely is that Murray / Maupay rotate in the striking role, Trossard, March, Gross, Mooy, Bissouma, Izquierdo, Alzate, Jahanbakhsh all rotate the supporting attacking roles, and Connolly is used sparingly when needed.

We started 2017/18 with Murray, Ulloa and Hemed. Last season we started with Murray, Locadia and Andone. I actually feel more confident this season starting with Murray, Maupay and Connolly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are we the new Chelsea of the loan market?!

It appears like that. How many have we actually got out on loan now?
I think it's great our youngsters are going on loan abroad, instead of non league clubs. It shows our academy is producing some quality players.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We started 2017/18 with Murray, Ulloa and Hemed. Last season we started with Murray, Locadia and Andone.
I thought you were here to look on the bright side?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It appears like that. How many have we actually got out on loan now?
I think it's great our youngsters are going on loan abroad, instead of non league clubs. It shows our academy is producing some quality players.

[tweet]1168606990077169664[/tweet]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bit of a strange conclusion that he'll start with Murray and Maupay every game when after 4 he hasn't done that once yet. More likely is that Murray / Maupay rotate in the striking role, Trossard, March, Gross, Mooy, Bissouma, Izquierdo, Alzate, Jahanbakhsh all rotate the supporting attacking roles, and Connolly is used sparingly when needed.

We started 2017/18 with Murray, Ulloa and Hemed. Last season we started with Murray, Locadia and Andone. I actually feel more confident this season starting with Murray, Maupay and Connolly.

...but then he did start with Andone and Maupay against Saints ...so not out of the realms of possibilities that he would start with Murray and Maupay...or would like that option

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here