Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia season-long loan to Hoffenheim

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
Not a huge Locadia fan but surely with the transfer deadline passed, it's better to keep him than offload him?? He did fairly well on the left at times last year. Would prefer that's an option + have him working with Potter rather than having one less to call on.

Best he goes asap so Connolly has chance. Locadia was awful when he came on against Stains

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Yes, we'll just keep buying strikers, and rejecting them before they've had a run in the team. Good plan.

Who can we get to take Maupay and Andone on loan and off the books?

It would be better if you engaged with that people actually say but ok, I’ll bite. Listen, I really want every Albion signing to pay off and every Brighton player to be a great success but that doesn’t happen does it. In life, sometimes, despite all our best efforts, it just don’t work out the way we want. Signing football players is no different. Some signings just don’t work. Unfortunately Locadia is an example of that. That’s why we hear tonight that the club appear to be on the verge on letting him go out on loan and if that goes through I doubt very much we'll see him again in the blue and white stripes. I don’t blame the Albion for signing him. At the time we desperately needed another forward and he was probably the best they thought they could get but it didn’t work out. We, and he, move on. I wish him well.

What then are we left with? The ageing legend Murray; Andone and Maupay. They are our only first team strikers. Andone is now suspended, Maupay has only started one game and Murray has yet to score in the League, so far. Connolly looks set to join the first team match day squad and whilst is a very promising young player is unproven at the top level. So I don’t know how anyone can sensibly argue that we’re not thin up front. I’ve said the club need to address that. I don’t think that’s a particularly controversial thing to say.

NO-ONE is saying we should get rid of Maupay least of all me. Andone maybe given another run in the team because we have so few options but I’m sceptical about whether or not he’s good enough. I think that’s fair enough to say on here. It’s a fans forum. But I don’t see him as a first-choice starter. His best use maybe coming on from the bench once defenders are tiring.

I’m a huge fan of Potter. The club is very well run and we’re so lucky to have Tony Bloom. We are all reminded of that on a day like this when poor Bury are disgracefully expelled.

There’s never been a better time to be an Albion fan but we still need another goal scorer.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Fans like Andone. It’s just despair over his latest assault (or unlucky body adjustment, as some claim), which cost our club dearly.

Not so sure, most of his stock value is now by virtue of the Palace goal I think. Harley got away with being gash for too long based on his goal v Posh

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Just can’t see how we can let him go when that leaves a suspended, and unreliable, Andone, a forward who scored a great one on one on debut, but who looks a bit lightweight and may or may not thrive, and Glen. Looks a serious concern to me.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Just can’t see how we can let him go when that leaves a suspended, and unreliable, Andone, a forward who scored a great one on one on debut, but who looks a bit lightweight and may or may not thrive, and Glen. Looks a serious concern to me.

Does Maupay not count? Surely Murray, Maupay, Andone and Connolly are adequate.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Does Maupay not count? Surely Murray, Maupay, Andone and Connolly are adequate.

Genuine concern that that isn’t adequate - only Murray can be relied on for goals. Maupay may come good, I really hope that he does, but it isn’t a given yet. Andone - can’t see it happening. Connolly - will be, but probably not just yet.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Genuine concern that that isn’t adequate - only Murray can be relied on for goals. Maupay may come good, I really hope that he does, but it isn’t a given yet. Andone - can’t see it happening. Connolly - will be, but probably not just yet.
You may be right, but there is no evidence at all that keeping Locadia would help. I would agree we may need another striker (if budget allows) but perhaps we already have it in Connolly.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
You may be right, but there is no evidence at all that keeping Locadia would help. I would agree we may need another striker (if budget allows) but perhaps we already have it in Connolly.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Sadly I do agree that keeping Locadia isn’t really the answer. Very much hope that Maupay or Connolly (or both) come very good very quickly!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Let him go on loan. What is the point of keeping a striker that doesn't look as if he could score in a brothel

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The way he waited on Saturday for the bouncing ball to come across his body, wasting all the available time to allow the defender to come in and put him off balance, ending with a hopeless lash against the inside of the post, says all we need.

Any half decent striker would have leant back, taken it high with their right before anyone closed, lashing it into an unguarded net.

The bloke is utterly utterly hopeless. Another massive failure of a signing, when all the time we had AC lurking on the bench lashing in goals left right and centre. CH would not blood AC at top level, forcing the scouting team to go and find something else.

And by god they came back with AJ and JL. Probably an unrivalled joint waste of money in recent PL times.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The way he waited on Saturday for the bouncing ball to come across his body, wasting all the available time to allow the defender to come in and put him off balance, ending with a hopeless lash against the inside of the post, says all we need.

Any half decent striker would have leant back, taken it high with their right before anyone closed, lashing it into an unguarded net.

The bloke is utterly utterly hopeless. Another massive failure of a signing, when all the time we had AC lurking on the bench lashing in goals left right and centre. CH would not blood AC at top level, forcing the scouting team to go and find something else.

And by god they came back with AJ and JL. Probably an unrivalled joint waste of money in recent PL times.

Agree with the sentiment but Connolly was 17 when we signed Ali J and JL. You can't seriously be suggesting we should have thrown him into the Premier League then?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

"Maupay may come good" - sounds like he's being regarded as a failure so far already! A brand new £20M striker (isri't that what everybody was shouting for?) who has so far scored 1 in 3. Asking him to 'come good' seems a bit of a cheek to me!

PS. Sky Sports News now broadcasting the Locadia loan interest story.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If GP sees fit to send him out on loan I will have to accept that what I saw potentially from Locadia was wishful thinking.

Here’s one fan hoping he’s being held back for Saturday, rather than being transferred out.

He did appear very off form and uninterested last weekend though I have to admit.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
"Maupay may come good" - sounds like he's being regarded as a failure so far already! A brand new £20M striker (isri't that what everybody was shouting for?) who has so far scored 1 in 3. Asking him to 'come good' seems a bit of a cheek to me!

You'd have to say Maupay and Trossard have hit the ground running. If they do improve from here, we have a couple of crackers on our hands.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
As an eternal optimist, I wanted him to come good and thought he has shown some glimpses of the player he could be but he is just not a player I can warm to. However why not wait till January window why risk leaving us exposed should some one of our strikers get injured. I think Connery should go on loan to Hoffenheim till Jan and if he shows he has the ability to step up then we arrange a loan to buy and bring back the boy wonder.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not a fan of Andone one bit. Bang average with a shit attitude.
Agreed.

When he arrived, I had genine high hopes for him as he seemed the type of player we were crying out for. Equally, I was always suspicious of the Locadia signing. I think I've got them both wrong, because Andone is fairly ordinary with a shitty streak that has already cost us. Locadia hasn't pulled up any trees and I still don't have much faith in him, but he isn't a walking red card and has clearly upped his game from the early days even if he hasn't really delivered.

Tbh, I wish we hadn't signed either of them.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
As an eternal optimist, I wanted him to come good and thought he has shown some glimpses of the player he could be but he is just not a player I can warm to. However why not wait till January window why risk leaving us exposed should some one of our strikers get injured. I think Connery should go on loan to Hoffenheim till Jan and if he shows he has the ability to step up then we arrange a loan to buy and bring back the boy wonder.

Shaken not stirred.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would rather we kept him as I think that he will score goals and all the bull that he was crap when hje cam on against Southampton is a view expressed by those who dont rate him, but not fact. The shot that hit the post could just haveeasily hit the post and gone in and we would all be sayin g how he took it well. I think that he tried to be too sure and the moment went.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here