Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BHA & Motherwell, an overhyped view.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I find it amazing that some people seemingly take such exception to those who may not be regular visitors to the Amex. Maybe we got it all wrong. Perhaps we should have built a 10k stadium so that only the DIE HARDS of the Gory Years are allowed to attend, along with a household bill with a BN postcode as proof they're not a "daytripper".

Mudbloods! Expelliarmus!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Read one of your quotes back and got overly sensitive without taking it in context. Apologies...………………

Had read it walking home and took it out of context. I did say I had been out on the piss

No worries. I can relate to that, and normally forget what I've posted after a few beers.

I find it amazing that some people seemingly take such exception to those who may not be regular visitors to the Amex. Maybe we got it all wrong. Perhaps we should have built a 10k stadium so that only the DIE HARDS of the Gory Years are allowed to attend, along with a household bill with a BN postcode as proof they're not a "daytripper".

10,000? Didn't see these at the Priestfield tbh.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Didn't we nick a young player off them when they were managed by McGhee ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I agree with him. He should have come when we were at Withdean. Sitting in the rain in the pitch dark and the club “shop” being a caravan with an awning. We’re frantically trying to bed in the 20k diehards among our support (who somehow managed to miss the theatre of shit) to worry about STHs and other moaners.

Oh...and by the way mr Porridge...I’ve been to Motherwell. Good luck attracting tourists to that shithole.

You are correct. Brighton is a beautiful City - Motherwell is not such a good looking town. Yes, shithole in some regards

However I have lived in both and gone for a beer whilst waiting for a train to go get to London from both. In Brighton. Not one person spoke to me . In Motherwell, I got an offer to sing a Karaoke Duet with a woman I had never met to Barry Manilow's ''Copa Capana'' - I know which bar I laughed the most in. And no I still don't know the words to ''Copa Cabana'' but I had a right good laugh trying to convince her that I didn't and her trying to give me a crash course before I caught my train.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
“People who go to the games will have their moods for the day altered by the outcome of the match.”

My mood has been altered for 2 days now at the outcome from Saturday and won’t get much better for at least another week unless Ben Stokes is playing for us on Saturday!!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As the OP knows the Brighton Motherwell link will always interest me . I got part way through it and stopped reading because it is Bank Holiday and I am out on the piss. Wit all due respect to the writer of the article. I have been to the Amex in a different Capacity than he has and I have been supporting Motherwell since I was in awe of Peter Marinello at about age 10 so I shall respond without being drunk. So leave this one with me until you slaughter the article. I would like to defend Motherwell fans properly

I'm glad you've read it :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here