Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
People use this place to vent. Most supporters want our players to succeed or at least start paying back the millions we paid for them even if they hurl dogshite abuse at them on NSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s how I see it.
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] presumably you don’t want Murray to fail?

Can’t see the problem myself......

Big Jurg may be okay
AJ may turn out to be brilliant

And who knows Schelotto may learn to defend and be decent cover..... (@Icy Gull [emoji6])

But at the minute the only one of those who looks close to succeeding is Big Jurg, just because I don’t rate the above certainly doesn’t mean I want us to lose.....

Differing opinions is what makes NSC....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A wing back? Me no thinky so, from the less than fully alert mannerisms he's shown us thus far.
I thought him an ace signing, obviously with a whizzbangeroo in his boot, and i don't think it impossible to find his feet, but it seems to be about tempo and slow reading of situations. Maybe Potty thinks that the wing-back role will awaken his urgency and reaction time. If so i would think the result of that would be in being the attacking player he was rather than a sometime defender.

I'm just imagining Ali as wing back with Big Jurg playing on the right side of a front three.

The melts on here will be beside themselves, it'll be Christmas, Easter and Hanukkah all rolled into one glorious jizz fuelled festival of abuse.

Ali J as wing-back? The same Ali J who some on here claimed was being played out of position, being asked to do too much defensively by Chris Hughton.

Bring it on...

[TWEET]1164539393878740993[/TWEET]

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Interesting reading that AJ might be converted to a wing back, for me his best game for us to date was at Selhurst last season where he covered his full back fantastically. Whether he has the discipline to play up and down the flank remains to be seen, it's a hard position to play both mentally and physically.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I wouldn't have thought there will be many changes to the line up other than the odd swap of personnel within the 343. We've still only been playing that way for a few games and until GP thinks it's pretty much nailed I doubt there will be any great tactical changes that would get some of the early candidates as fringe players involved.
Trying ARJ as WB seems like grooming him for the bench, providing straight cover for the right sided forward and a risky attacking replacement at WB.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
That's why I'm making the long midweek trip to Bristol. I want to be able to say "I was there" when Ali J puts in a career-defining performance.

Sarcasm!?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You think will be playing that formation at the Etihad? ???

You think he's not?

People seem to struggle to remember Swansea's youth team taking the game to City in the FA Cup and only getting beaten due to a couple of dodgy decisions. OK they were at home and it was the cup but there is nothing to siggest we're going to sit back Hughton stylee. We may be FORCED back, we may have less of the ball just because they are good a keeping it but I very much doubt we're going up there like the timid mice of the last two seasons.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Re the rweet
If Potter thinks Ali J can play up front we're in trouble

Maybe he sees something in training that you don't?

Looking at a rejuvenated Montoya, Davey P, Stephens etc... I would not write off AJ until we've seen what some Potter magic has done to him.

Of course there could be limits to that magic, but I'd not write him off until we've seen him play in a Potter side personally.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Maybe he sees something in training that you don't?

Looking at a rejuvenated Montoya, Davey P, Stephens etc... I would not write off AJ until we've seen what some Potter magic has done to him.

Of course there could be limits to that magic, but I'd not write him off until we've seen him play in a Potter side personally.

Rumour has it that AJ tore it up in training last year too.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
After reading the argus article that's just been released I have to say I bloody love our new manager. Someone can paste it. It's significant he says he doesn't want to play him out of position [again].

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
After reading the argus article that's just been released I have to say I bloody love our new manager. Someone can paste it. It's significant he says he doesn't want to play him out of position [again].

“The key for me is when he gets his opportunity that he’s playing to his strengths.

“There’s no point playing in a position that doesn’t get the most out of him because then there’s another spiral of negativity, which is unnecessary.”

Please don't paste whole articles from elsewhere >>>. https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17855485.alireza-jahanbakhsh-urged-patient-albion-boss/

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Rumour has it that AJ tore it up in training last year too.

Oh. Hadn't heard that. So the Potter magic is to turn training ground skills into match day ability on the pitch.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He’ll be 3rd choice once the Greyhound is let out the traps!

Now that is one person I'd like to see what the Potter magic can do to. Didn't see anything in the first season in the PL that convinces me he's upto the standards of the PL. Can tear up and down the touchline like his namesake.

Set pieces with him, Burn and D&D and in the box will be terrifying for defenders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here