Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I reckon 3K could be 'your' distance.

Bit too long for me!

I'll have to respect it as only 2 weeks build up. I'll see if I can take old man Gasson on the line. 12:15 to 12:30 should be the range.

Enjoyed a steady run on the Prom this morning and just hit the target of a sub 22.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Gig night for me last night. Having seen [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] beforehand and confirmed there was no chance of me running this morning I actually didn't feel too bad and jogged off for 6 very easy paced miles round the slopes of Southwick. Weird foot pain in the middle and a right knee that gets painful later in to a run mean I am officially niggle-bound. With a wedding reception full of Brighton fans to go to tonight that might be no bad thing. No run planned tomorrow,

Good luck LunarTic-ers.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Ventured west to Bognor this morning to tick off another Sussex parkrun. Nice park, course a little twisty and turny but very flat. Finished 15th in 21:47. First person home was a certain G Godden!

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Very gentle Parkrun today as my sister in law who wanted to improve her PB of 29:29 so ran with her to motivate her round and we came in just under her PB so she was a happy camper. Am planning about 6 miles in the rain tomorrow ahead of Garendon Gallop 10k next Sunday so I was happy with a gentle one today having not run Monday - Friday this week.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Ventured west to Bognor this morning to tick off another Sussex parkrun. Nice park, course a little twisty and turny but very flat. Finished 15th in 21:47. First person home was a certain G Godden!

Yes, Hotham park is lovely. That's a very decent time on a slow course. GG has been running Worthing lately; suspect he was a tad slower at Bognor.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I helped myself to my first sub-20 since 16th March, running 19:36 around Hove Promenade. 37 seconds up on Hove Park last week, but a similarly slow start today. Perfect warm up for the Lunar-Tic tonight - in the muddy bog that is going to be the course. I've got the headtorch ready and some spare batteries just in case. :thumbsup:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I helped myself to my first sub-20 since 16th March, running 19:36 around Hove Promenade. 37 seconds up on Hove Park last week, but a similarly slow start today. Perfect warm up for the Lunar-Tic tonight - in the muddy bog that is going to be the course. I've got the headtorch ready and some spare batteries just in case. :thumbsup:

Good luck!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Gig night for me last night. Having seen [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] beforehand and confirmed there was no chance of me running this morning I actually didn't feel too bad and jogged off for 6 very easy paced miles round the slopes of Southwick. Weird foot pain in the middle and a right knee that gets painful later in to a run mean I am officially niggle-bound. With a wedding reception full of Brighton fans to go to tonight that might be no bad thing. No run planned tomorrow,

Good luck LunarTic-ers.

Sorry mate, don't know why I decided to shout across the street rather than leaving you in peace. Hope you enjoyed the gig

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
The baby is 14 weeks old now so my (very slow) comeback is officially underway.

I did Lancing parkrun last week for a benchmark time and came in at 25:47. I did a slow 7k run in the week and went back to Lancing today and did 24:53. After four months out, I don’t think that’s as bad as I feared it would be, and I’m pleased to take 54 seconds off in a week without pushing it. In a weird way I’m quite excited to see how quickly I can progress. Although it would have been easier just to have kept running and not put myself in a position where my body feels like it’s going to fall apart at anything faster than 4:50/km!

Dude, life with a newborn is amazing but physically draining. Well done on making Parkrun at all

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just in from the Loonything.......OK-ish 4.30-odd given lack of training and 3 weeks with a Mexican parasite in my guts and a course of horse-strength antibiotics I finished yesterday. Predictably died on my arse on the third lap and death-shuffled the last 7/8 miles. All good training though. Well done to [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION]- sub 20 parkrun and a gnarly trail marathon in the same day [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Sorry mate, don't know why I decided to shout across the street rather than leaving you in peace. Hope you enjoyed the gig

Enjoyed it right up to the rain and, honestly, no problem, good to catch up. Will come and say hello again at the next park run we're both at. If your piece gets published online send me a link to it, would love to read,

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Just in from the Loonything.......OK-ish 4.30-odd given lack of training and 3 weeks with a Mexican parasite in my guts and a course of horse-strength antibiotics I finished yesterday. Predictably died on my arse on the third lap and death-shuffled the last 7/8 miles. All good training though. Well done to [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION]- sub 20 parkrun and a gnarly trail marathon in the same day [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Brilliant running from Ninja and great stuff from yourself given the (lack of) preparation.

I also got in well after midnight but for totally different reasons. I am calling today "rest day" :lolol: :drink: :sick:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
3:52:37 for me around the Lunar-Tic. I took an epic tumble at one point which was unexpected. :lolol: My splits are quite funny from mile 19 onwards it was 10 minutes per mile plus. At 12 miles I was averaging 7:30ish per mile, but it wasn't sustainable. I haven't really been training for this one in the way I should have been, I always forget how the legs go. I think I can naturally go out and run 16 miles or so, but pushing on from there gets me. Still, sub 20 5k and sub 4 marathon in the same day, so I'm not complaining. I'm waiting for the results to confirm it, but I think I was 9th or 10th.

Belting running from [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] - especially if it was marathon number 70 for you! I questioned how many more marathons I wanted to run after about 18 miles last night, to push through that and keep doing them is amazing.

Today is basically a write off. :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
3:52:37 for me around the Lunar-Tic. I took an epic tumble at one point which was unexpected. :lolol: My splits are quite funny from mile 19 onwards it was 10 minutes per mile plus. At 12 miles I was averaging 7:30ish per mile, but it wasn't sustainable. I haven't really been training for this one in the way I should have been, I always forget how the legs go. I think I can naturally go out and run 16 miles or so, but pushing on from there gets me. Still, sub 20 5k and sub 4 marathon in the same day, so I'm not complaining. I'm waiting for the results to confirm it, but I think I was 9th or 10th.

Belting running from [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] - especially if it was marathon number 70 for you! I questioned how many more marathons I wanted to run after about 18 miles last night, to push through that and keep doing them is amazing.

Today is basically a write off. :lolol:

I was DREAMING of 10 min miles after 18 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was DREAMING of 10 min miles after 18 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I spent miles 16-18ish thinking about binning it off after lap 2. I couldn't see myself being able to maintain momentum around a third lap. In the end, I just kept moving but I know there were a few drop outs. The guy who was running 5th binned it after the second lap, he was in a bit of a state when I finished. Slumped on a bench looking like a man totally uneasy with his life choices!

I got passed by the first female at mile 23, I had absolutely nothing left to give to chase her down. I was just happy to see the A27, and I never thought that would be the case!

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
10k training run in 55:18 today in the POURING rain. Only 2 minutes off my PB and felt like I could have done another 5k at the end so feeling really confident about Garendon Gallop next weekend. Looks like a month off injury free training is starting to pay off. Fingers crossed the shins don't react badly overnight.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
10k training run in 55:18 today in the POURING rain. Only 2 minutes off my PB and felt like I could have done another 5k at the end so feeling really confident about Garendon Gallop next weekend. Looks like a month off injury free training is starting to pay off. Fingers crossed the shins don't react badly overnight.

Good running. Get a roller or fingers on the shins.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well done to the Lunar-Tics Saturday night, it's a great race and a lot of mental strength shown to get through it :thumbsup:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Well done all the Lunar-Tics, a great achievement. I was at the same wedding as [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] on Saturday and on Sunday I felt like death just slightly warmed up. I managed a slow plod around Hove Park before taking my Mum up to Devils Dyke and a little walk along some of the South Downs way. After the sunday roast I did feel half human again, plus I kept looking out the pub window thinking I would love to do an ultra along the South Downs Way, what is wrong with me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here