Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy Propper to Ajax for 21m

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's an easy enough formula to work out.

Ask BG what he thinks is Propper's value.

Triple that figure and, to the penny, you have Propper's value.

Seagull122

Mar 16, 2019
Ajax will be harvesting up to €150m from player sales this summer, and every other club knows it. Paul Barber and Tony Bloom will not be selling them 'our most naturally gifted player' for £20m

I do agree to an extent, although if we did sell him for £21 million I wouldn’t think we have received a bad deal, I guess it’s down to him, if he wants to leave I don’t think we will hold him back, if he wants to stay I don’t think we will sell.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's an easy enough formula to work out.

Ask BG what he thinks is Propper's value.

Triple that figure and, to the penny, you have Propper's value.

I think that is harsh on BG

Davie Propper is a midfielder - He is not a left back and never will be !

To ask BG to go out his ''Expertise'' of ''Left Backs'' is totally unfair of you

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think that is harsh on BG

Davie Propper is a midfielder - He is not a left back and never will be !

To ask BG to go out his ''Expertise'' of ''Left Backs'' is totally unfair of you

That doesn't usually stop him undervaluing all Albion players.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
We kept Stephens,.....

Of course I could understand Propper wanting to play CL football, but wouldn't he also want to be a success in the PL before leaving?

Hmmmm, let me see, Signing-on fee, Big pay rise, CL football, moving back near to family and friends.....or fighting to avoid relegation, if not the opprobrium of actual relegation for less money?

You're right, its a tough call.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hmmmm, let me see, Signing-on fee, Big pay rise, CL football, moving back near to family and friends.....or fighting to avoid relegation, if not the opprobrium of actual relegation for less money?

Similar situation to Stephens really given that we were a Championship club at the time and Burnley were probably offering to.triple his wages in the Premier League. I doubt Ajax can afford to offer Propper much of a pay rise in the Dutch league.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Similar situation to Stephens really given that we were a Championship club at the time and Burnley were probably offering to.triple his wages in the Premier League. I doubt Ajax can afford to offer Propper much of a pay rise in the Dutch league.

But as [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] pointed out, Ajax are reaping €150m from player sales this summer. On top of that, they’ve just made multi-£10m’s from their CL run.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
But as [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] pointed out, Ajax are reaping €150m from player sales this summer. On top of that, they’ve just made multi-£10m’s from their CL run.

Albion have just banked €120m for finishing 17th in the prem league.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Albion have just banked €120m for finishing 17th in the prem league.

I was replying to post #228 where someone very specifically said

“I doubt Ajax can afford to offer Propper much of a pay rise in the Dutch league.”

They now have the finances to afford it, based on what [MENTION=717]Hans Kraay[/MENTION] said about the sales this summer, but also their very financially rewarding CL run.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Champions League money is significant, but it’s still about half of what we earned from TV this season, and the Dutch league TV deal is worth less than the Championship. I’m not saying Ajax wouldn’t be an attractive option for a Dutch player, but it won’t be due to financial clout and we could keep hold of Propper if we really wanted him.

Having said that, I reckon the club will sell of a decent bid is received early enough in the window. Burnley took the piss with their bids for Stephens and only made a realistic bid on the last day, by which time it was too late to get a deal done for a replacement.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is not good news, especially on the back of Bruno's retirement. I couldn't see Stephens or Kayal getting much gametime at Ajax, and I would like to see Propper play under Potter.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
This is not good news, especially on the back of Bruno's retirement. I couldn't see Stephens or Kayal getting much gametime at Ajax, and I would like to see Propper play under Potter.

Potter will want a good look at him- one of our few potentially outstanding players.

So i guess it's down to Davy. Would be a shame, he has much, much more to offer than he has been allowed to show.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I do agree to an extent, although if we did sell him for £21 million I wouldn’t think we have received a bad deal.

With any deal you have to compare it to other deals going on within the market. 21m for a regular Dutch international who is about to hit their prime doesn't look to be good value when you see Liverpool wanting 25m for a player from their academy who has never played a game in the Premier League.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Yet he left PSG to join us in the first place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here