Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Comic Relief

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I actually did laugh at Partridge just then.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Too much Relief, no Comic. Like watching the daytime TV begging adverts but with random celebrities trying to bump up their worthiness count. Kept expecting adverts for Over 50s Life Cover - apply now with guaranteed acceptance and a free Parker pen.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
2 nights a year for people to raise billions for very needy and sick people.
Really no need to moan, plenty of other channels to watch, maybe read a book or go on the internet and tug yourself stupid.
It's politicians who are actually taking money away from needy, sick and vulnerable people that you should be moaning at, not people trying to entertain to raise some dosh for them.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
2 nights a year for people to raise billions for very needy and sick people.
Really no need to moan, plenty of other channels to watch, maybe read a book or go on the internet and tug yourself stupid.
It's politicians who are actually taking money away from needy, sick and vulnerable people that you should be moaning at, not people trying to entertain to raise some dosh for them.

Billions pounds? in 2 nights per year.........are we talking Zimbabwean Dollars where Zimbabwe's central bank allowed its citizens to exchange the country's almost worthless currency for US dollars. Its 100-trillion-dollar note is worth just 40 U.S. cents ( 2015 )

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Billions pounds? in 2 nights per year.........are we talking Zimbabwean Dollars where Zimbabwe's central bank allowed its citizens to exchange the country's almost worthless currency for US dollars. Its 100-trillion-dollar note is worth just 40 U.S. cents ( 2015 )

Nope, talking about money raised collectively over the time CIN & CR has been going.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I always wonder how much the corrupt governments of these countries are making from this Aid. Years ago I had a boss who did trade in Nigeria. His son was telling me that everything was done by bribes. He recounted the story of when he first entered, passed the bribe over and was told ... i dont think this is for me... he explained what they actually meant was this is not enough... if after 31 yrs there are still poverty and 1bn has been collected where as it gone and should we be doing things differently ?

To me this highlights why things such as Comic Relief are needed. The Aid projects they support are all bottom up schemes (ie small scale helping local populations) rather than top-down (government run) schemes. It means the people most at need receive the money. Although it sounds a lot when looking at world poverty 1bn is a drop in the ocean (although would have made a big difference to many individuals lives) - it is no-where near enough to end poverty.
In terms of why countries are still poor after 31 years you only need to look at the amount of interest many countries have been forced to pay on historic loans to see why they have not been able to develop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here