Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Leaving Neverland- Michael Jackson documentary

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not a massive fan, but to dismiss his music as "meh" is a bit too far. Billie Jean is still a right tune. Plus some of the remixes are immense.

Paedo stuff notwithstanding obvs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not a massive fan, but to dismiss his music as "meh" is a bit too far. Billie Jean is still a right tune. Plus some of the remixes are immense.

Paedo stuff notwithstanding obvs.

The less said of his duet with Paul McCartney the better then. :wink:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Always preferred Janet though tbf. :love:

Many years ago I bought my then girlfriend tickets for us to see her at Sheffield Arena for her birthday. Before the internet, I'd just called the box office (quaint) and got two tickets.

When we arrived I showed the tickets to security and we were walked right down to the front. Two rows back, bang in the centre.

Turned out to be one of the better presents I've ever bought, from my point of view.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Look at the likes of Macauly Culkin's parents. Allegedly stole all his money, allegedly handed him over to Jackson whenever he wanted him. Grim.

Surely Macauly could have set some traps up around his bell end? He also managed to go missing 3 times so must have been pretty good at Hide and Seek?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Going to have to temporarily muddy my BT recording device for this documentary now that PSG messing up this supposed walk in the park against Utd.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
OK let’s assume that you are right and the parents didn’t expect to get a big wedge of money when the sleepovers started.

I am intrigued as to how you come to the conclusion that they wouldn’t have realised at the start what was likely to be happening?
Because they spent time there and adults and children all seemed to having a great time in Neverland. Wacko seemed to enjoy partying with everyone, and being with the biggest star in the world, they were star struck.

No idea if you have kids but I certainly wouldn’t have let any of my kids have a sleepover in a man’s bed when they were young.
I do, and neither would I. But then I'm a lot more careful than previous generations. I wouldn't even let my year six child walk to the local school on their own, whereas when my family lived in Brazil, my mum told my 6 year old brother how to catch the bus to school, on his own. I've accused her of child abuse. She's apologetic.

The fact that he was a star would have rung just as many alarm bells to me as it would if 40 year old Joe down the street suggested it. It is not normal, in fact it shouts grooming and should have done right from the start imo.
But it happened with quite a few children, and quite a few parents were fooled. We've even got someone on this thread who don't believe anything happened.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm not prepared to lay any blame on the parents for this.

With hindsight it looks dodgy, yes. And yes, in 2019 where we're all far more aware of this sort of thing, it's inconceivable that any sensible parent would let their kids stay with a stranger. Though this was a different, more innocent time, before the host of revelations we've had in the intervening years.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I'm not prepared to lay any blame on the parents for this.

With hindsight it looks dodgy, yes. And yes, in 2019 where we're all far more aware of this sort of thing, it's inconceivable that any sensible parent would let their kids stay with a stranger. Though this was a different, more innocent time, before the host of revelations we've had in the intervening years.

This is a very salient point. I genuinely can't remember paedophiles being a thing in the public psyche until pretty recently. The reason it has is because how we obtain our media and news specifically. In years gone by it was a whole lot easier to hush anything as you had a static media. Nowadays that is next to impossible with social media and the power that it gives to Joe public.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is a difficult watch!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is a very salient point. I genuinely can't remember paedophiles being a thing in the public psyche until pretty recently. The reason it has is because how we obtain our media and news specifically. In years gone by it was a whole lot easier to hush anything as you had a static media. Nowadays that is next to impossible with social media and the power that it gives to Joe public.

In the late 70s, magazine shops on the Earl's Court Road were openly selling mags that were obviously.....

And the P.I.E. went on public marches and were interviewed in a neutral way on the telly.

Unthinkable today, thankfully.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
No one is ever going to know for sure what happened but one thing is for sure. People seem to get the benefit of the doubt at the height of their fame but as soon as their popularity fades with younger generations then when that happens everyone Wades in. That's totally wrong because that just means more victims during that period

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here