Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] #Together

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
A few hardcore fans were together in the 90s and early 2000s
It was very easy to be together in the last few seasons but this season has caused most of them to drift away and moan about the awful performances and tactics and more recently, tstickerrible attitude of the players, who most definitely are not together.
It seems to be a badge of honour for the old school fans to stick together with the club regardless, which I admire.
I will always be an Albion fan but reserve the right to be sick of this current team and the way it has played most of the season.
I have defended CH constantly but seeing his post match comments, I think it's time to go.
I would love to hear him have a real go at these overpaid players who don't perform.

The problem there is we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors - Chris could do a full on Fergie rant, all we do know is that he never has and never will criticise his players in public, and I admire him for that!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I find these critisms of our support co.pletely bizzare, last night the crowd were united in support until the players let us down. Were I am in The North the fans were still united in their condemnati9n of the players and manager with the emergence of gallows humour.

Blaming the fans for this mess is simply wrong and you need to a stop avoiding the really issue - players and manager.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Players let us down - now you DO sound like a Palace fan. Put some flyers out for the Newcastle game demanding they play better!!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Could you elaborate on your comment about “having new blood in the door by the end of the season”? Do you mean new management, new players, promote from the development squad? Unfortunately it’s too late to do any of those apart from introducing the up and coming players from our Under23s. With five games to go a new manager will not have the time to change things. We are not allowed to sign on new players.

I understand your sentiment and wish for the same, unfortunately it’s so late in the day that we have to hope and pray that Cardiff slip up or that we can grab an unexpected win from somewhere - anywhere.

New blood meaning management. Give them time to assess the playing staff and be prepared for the window opening, know who they want and don't want. Have the time to turnover the squad and be ready for pre season.

My fear in delaying (the inevitable) is making the decision after the end of season, taking half the window to get someone in, hurried transfer activity and most of pre season missed or cobbled together

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The problem there is we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors - Chris could do a full on Fergie rant, all we do know is that he never has and never will criticise his players in public, and I admire him for that!

He can rant as much as he likes, it ain't working

We may well have bang average players but their performance levels have dropped alarmingly since the turn of the year. They didn't all just turn s**t' and someone has to stand up and take responsibility.

That's what a Manager gets paid for, to get the highest levels of performance from his players. He's failing abysmally

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Exactly. A manager is the easiest person to blame for fans, the focal point for frustration and anger. We can't really know what is happening in the dressing room, the training ground, the recruitment offices and scouting. For every managerial change that gives a team a lift, there are countless others that do nothing, or make things worse.

If Hughton is sacked, then I will assume Bloom had all the facts to hand, the opinions of the senior players, other staff around the club, and a plan for why that would make us better. I'm not calling for it to happen though, negativity from fans is going to achieve NOTHING. It isn't going to help, it will only make things worse.

I'd suggest to all those calling for Hughton's head in multiple threads: it's ultimately Tony's decision, it's his investment in the club, it's his call. Leave it to him, simple as that really.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
"Remember where we came from" is rapidly becoming one of my least favourite phrases.

Yes, it's important to know our history and to never repeat it and to pay continued thanks to those who did their part in saving the club.

BUT

That was 20+ f**king years ago. We're a different beast now with different ambitions. Wheeling it out any time there's a bit of acrimony between the fans just reeks, to me, of "don't forget how lucky we are to be playing at the big boys table. Let's just enjoy getting bent over and reamed out every other week cos, hey, it could be worse"

Cobblers to that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
#Together in the championship

5 games left. We honestly gain nothing from negativity. Doesn't matter how frustrated, or futile you think it is, we have nothing to gain from a decent into a negative poisonous atmosphere around the club.

We have to suck it up, go again. The 2 or 3k that travel to Wolves on Saturday, have to get behind the team, no matter how hard that feels, that is all we can give. The same again at home to Newcastle.

That is incredibly tough to do, because it is easy to storm off, boo, rain down our frustration, that is easy. In the face of defeat, getting behind the team, being vocal, giving them support to the bitter end, that is what is hard, that isn't easy, but that is what we have to do.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
He can rant as much as he likes, it ain't working

We may well have bang average players but their performance levels have dropped alarmingly since the turn of the year. They didn't all just turn s**t' and someone has to stand up and take responsibility.

That's what a Manager gets paid for, to get the highest levels of performance from his players. He's failing abysmally

Agree, I think Hughton will fall on his sword either directly after the City game if we get relegated or shortly after if not.

Just think,this late in the day we need to cut him and the players some slack, get behind the team, stop posting silly threads about who our next manager will be and let the dust settle after City.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Thanks

Sums up my feelings exactly.
Fans booing the players off at halftime. really?

Hughton deserves the opportunity to put this right.
It may be too late, he may have "lost the dressing room", but he has earned the right to have the backing of every one of us to try and sort this out.

If he fails then we shake hands and part on good terms

we've come a long, long way together and all that..

I agree. Although, to be fair, after the smattering of boos at half-time I thought the crowd was magnificent with the surge of support as the players left the pitch. A real wall of noise. I hope the players can keep that in mind as the feelings of the majority that just want them to succeed over and above the vocal minority who like to make a bad situation even more difficult.

Wall of noise, good. The middle-aged man (old enough to know better) leaning over the tunnel to scream virtually in Stephens' face "You're f****** s*** Stephens, every week, you're f****** s*** ".... not so good.

Camp Freddy

Sep 23, 2004
Wiltshire
Never bought in to the #together business. It's a great slogan when times are good, but completely meaningless when the going gets tough, as it was always going to be at some point, as evidenced by the booing at half and full time and some of the constant moaning about tactics and some players etc. #together for me is having some perspective on where we've come from, taking the rough with the smooth, and not coming and going as our form and league position dictates.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Never bought in to the #together business. It's a great slogan when times are good, but completely meaningless when the going gets tough, as it was always going to be at some point, as evidenced by the booing at half and full time and some of the constant moaning about tactics and some players etc. #together for me is having some perspective on where we've come from, taking the rough with the smooth, and not coming and going as our form and league position dictates.

Cringeworthy corporate bollocks slogan and I’ve always thought that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What sort of North Korean scenario are we trying to establish here exactly? Thou shalt not criticise the club, it's players or managers under any circumstances?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
When the team last look like they'd played #Together before??

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What have fans got to do with those on pitch performances?

If we don't act now we can forget next season too. We need to have new blood in the door by the end of season to fully prepare over the summer

#screw-together-let's-get-real

not going to happen ..so perhaps get behind what we have ...isn't that what he's on about

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
As fans I think we've been pretty understanding and "Together" for a long time. But the type of football we've played for the past two seasons can really grind you down. I was completely happy with it last season - made sense for the first year in the Prem. But - after some early positive signs - we have clearly regressed this season, and the football is TURGID beyond belief. The key to success in the Premier League is speed and strength, with a decent amount of press. We have none of that. We move forward at a snail's pace. We get muscled off the ball constantly. And we stand off teams - even Cardiff City FFS - and allow them all the space and time they need. And now it seems that even our "secret ingredient" (ie, togetherness) is no longer there.

Tony can obviously see all this....I'd expect him to have the next step mapped out, but whether it can be implemented before Saturday is a big ask!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What have fans got to do with those on pitch performances?

If we don't act now we can forget next season too. We need to have new blood in the door by the end of season to fully prepare over the summer

#screw-together-let's-get-real

#Together would work if we were losing games by small margins, bad luck, awful refs.

But we’re getting torn to pieces by the other worst teams in the PL. We have zero pace, can’t defend any type of threat, our CM is the worst in the PL with Hudd’s, our hotch potch of strikers and quasi strikers don’t cut the mustard.

We can only rely now on Cardiff not winning another match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here