Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I have more concerns about upper class/mega rich , white, indigenous people in positions of power trying to bleed our citizens dry than anyone coming form overseas to make a go of it.

Any debate about the state of the nation must include serious talk about tax avoidance.
It’s one of the the main contributors to the poor state we find ourselves in.
To not talk about stopping tax breaks for the mega-rich is like talking about a solution to a burning house and not mentioning water.

Yep ....i agree one provides and excellent decoy for the other .

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Exactly. It is a rich elites wet dream.

Yep it's the "Singapore" model, please read up on what on what ex-MPs like Owen Patterson and Rees Mogg, Dominic Raab etc. actually want. Leaving the EU is a means to an end.

They are quite blatant at suggesting the UK should lower it's food standards and think the British are lazy and don't work enough hours.

Quite happy for UK manufacturing and farming to die if it's not competitive against dubious regimes with little democracy who can produce products for next to nothing.

They've published books on it.

They are not patriots at all. They couldn't give a **** about UK business and all they bang on about is that the price of shoes will go down for the poor if imported from sweat shops. They can of course be competitive with the EU if they simply ignore the human rights abuses of those they will to deal with.

Because of my ambivalence to the EU I feel very sorry for the leavers who in the majority actually voted for something quite different. "Taking back control" of immigration and sovereignty, more money for the NHS etc..

A complete con. If the UK "Alt-Right" get their way, you will have far less rights and they hate the state funding the NHS.

The immigrants from the EU who expect a certain degree of rights and pay will be replaced by others just happy to get a chance to live in the UK.

I've no time for Corbyn but he nailed it. The talks are faltering May is under pressure from within to deliver low regulation and taxes.

We must (and I include myself in that) stop beating Leavers about because they are the "lied to". Unfortunately it will be the lower paid and less educated that will feel the brunt. Not me, I'm fine what but I don't want to see others suffer.

Last edited:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Some right ***** on that ignore list.
Many that match those on mine.

I don't think Albion68 is in that league. Portlock also harshly done by.

Illiteracy is the main trigger for me putting people on ignore and those two are illiterate champions. It is worth noting that the illiterate "contributors" to this shit show of a thread are also invariably No Deal Leave voters as well.

Having said that I did put someone else on the list the other day for non-illiteracy/Brexit related reasons. It was because I read on a different thread that he didn't believe in space.

I regard No Deal Leavers as being at roughly the same level intellectually.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Illiteracy is the main trigger for me putting people on ignore and those two are illiterate champions. It is worth noting that the illiterate "contributors" to this shit show of a thread are also invariably No Deal Leave voters as well.

Having said that I did put someone else on the list the other day for non-illiteracy/Brexit related reasons. It was because I read on a different thread that he didn't believe in space.

What a prize moron you really are. A Former head of the CBI is a WTO leaver.... and not that it matters, one iota, but I graduated from one of the pre-eminent higher education establishments in the UK, one beginning with the letter O, in the city of the dreaming spires....... and i now work in a highly skilled white collar profession with a lot of high IQ individuals, and it’s honestly about 80/20 in favour of leave with those I work with, and each person has a very insightful and in depth reason on both sides of the debate.

And you wouldnt find anyone making such ridiculous broad sweeping generalisations about remainers.

I don’t regard remainers as being all of the same intellectual level, but I do regard you as being a simplistic prat.

Jan 30, 2008

ELITIST CRAP
regards
DR

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
What a prize moron you really are. A Former head of the CBI is a WTO leaver.... and not that it matters, one iota, but I graduated from one of the pre-eminent higher education establishments in the UK, one beginning with the letter O, in the city of the dreaming spires....... and i now work in a highly skilled white collar profession with a lot of high IQ individuals, and it’s honestly about 80/20 in favour of leave with those I work with, and each person has a very insightful and in depth reason on both sides of the debate.

And you wouldnt find anyone making such ridiculous broad sweeping generalisations about remainers.

I don’t regard remainers as being all of the same intellectual level, but I do regard you as being a simplistic prat.

Don't want to play 'my dad is harder than your dad' but a quick look down the list will reveal quite a few rather bright economists from a university beginning with O...……..(and some others too).

https://economistsforremain.org/

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
People scoffing at Farage would do well to note that there is no single alternative to his new Brexit party - he commands all manner of simpletons like the pied piper and they will all vote for his party in the upcoming elections.

A fair point about there being no alternative. UKIP now advised by that idiot Tommy Robinson. So who should anti-EU people such as myself vote for if it's not NF's new party ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A fair point about there being no alternative. UKIP now advised by that idiot Tommy Robinson. So who should anti-EU people such as myself vote for if it's not NF's new party ?
Well if it was me, I'd vote for the main stream party you consider is doing it's best to deliver the right Brexit. The issue with this Brexit party is that like UKIP, they have absolutely no interest in dealing with the Irish border. They are absolutely clueless. They'd rather stick their fingers in their ears and pretend it isn't a problem at all, and when you point out that it is they just blame everybody else for something they haven't thought about.

It's simple - for Brexit to be delivered without ripping up the GFA, either it has to be a soft Brexit or we treat NI differently and put a border in the Irish sea.

I wish these tossers like Farage would admit this is the stark choice rather than accusing everyone of being a traitor or blaming the EU and/or Ireland.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

I can't really advise you (it's a valid and good question), but your question reminds me of a chat that I had with a mate just before the referendum. He was undecided on which way to vote and I just said something like 'well look who you'll be lining up with if you vote Leave'. He thought about for a bit and then plumped for Remain. I'm not going to fall into the trope of 'all Leavers are …...' but really you just need to look at Mark Francois (by no means the worst) yet alone the Tommy Robinson fan club to be rather afraid.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Well if it was me, I'd vote for the main stream party you consider is doing it's best to deliver the right Brexit.

Well that gave me a laugh ! Neither mainstream party is even close to delivering Brexit.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Yet more grubbiness from Leave.EU. H 'Have a butchers at this', indeed.
Amazing the lengths they went to to demonise people.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I wish these tossers like Farage would admit this is the stark choice rather than accusing everyone of being a traitor or blaming the EU and/or Ireland.

The chance of that happening is about as likely as us getting some more points on the board.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
I can't really advise you (it's a valid and good question), but your question reminds me of a chat that I had with a mate just before the referendum. He was undecided on which way to vote and I just said something like 'well look who you'll be lining up with if you vote Leave'. He thought about for a bit and then plumped for Remain. I'm not going to fall into the trope of 'all Leavers are …...' but really you just need to look at Mark Francois (by no means the worst) yet alone the Tommy Robinson fan club to be rather afraid.

Hmmm ..... but I'm not really 'lining' myself up with them. More we share an aim ( and not all aims ! ) ..... i.e. leaving the EU. It's a bit like when you go to an away game, there's always those trouble making tossers but they want an Albion win just as much as you do ...... just that they're tossers and you aren't !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well that gave me a laugh ! Neither mainstream party is even close to delivering Brexit.
True, and that's because they can't decide how to do it, not because of a lack of will. But hey, if you're one of these people who believes everyone else is a traitor, and it's all the fault of 650 MPs, Ireland and the EU then I guess the Brexit party is the one for you.

However if they were ever running the show, then stand by for a decimated economy in the short term, the serious possibility of another civil war in Ireland and our world standing being ruined as a country that can't be trusted to honour global treaties. We'd be no better than Israel.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

Maybe you should ask Ppf, Two Profs and Baker lite what they are voting ? I would think it's probably best if you all get together and vote the same way as the others who want to rip up the GFA and have a hard border in Ireland ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here