March
Murray

Can anyone confirm?

According to Wiki....
Capture.PNG

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth spent £102m on wages in 2017/18 compared to Albion's £78m. About half a million quid a week more.

Won’t look so bad as an investment if they stay up and we go down. If we stay up it will look great for us though.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
The first table can be used to show that, however, the second shows Hughton is doing better than he 'should'.

The two tables are the same. It's just one is alphabetical order and one is rank order.

You could argue that it shows Hughton is doing better than he should with the players that he chooses to use. However, if Hughton used more of our expensive signings then we would probably be underperforming.

For example picking March and Knockaert over Ali J and Izqueirdo will make our average cost of starting player lower. Whether it's the right decision is a totally different argument.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The two tables are the same. It's just one is alphabetical order and one is rank order.

You could argue that it shows Hughton is doing better than he should with the players that he chooses to use. However, if Hughton used more of our expensive signings then we would probably be underperforming.

For example picking March and Knockaert over Ali J and Izqueirdo will make our average cost of starting player lower. Whether it's the right decision is a totally different argument.

I realise my mistake earlier when it was pointed out to me, I am a numpty and should have looked a little longer. And yes you make a good point, but surely Hughton doesn't buy the players anyway?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Shows just how well Burnley did last year. Interesting to see the top two and how their fans whinge about City buying the league - something that has bugged me for years about them both

ManU and Arsenal fans moan that their income is from arm’s length genuine trading, whereas ManC have cheated with commercial income at extraordinary levels from connected parties. I think they complain the most, because before Mansour started this 11 years ago, they had a fair crack at silverware and won stuff, so have been the worst affected by the cheating.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Why do Hughton haters ignore such hard facts from you?

Maybe because the football is seen by many to be dire, sterile, boring and predictable?
Rightly or wrongly, it doesn't help Hughton's case.
If we stay up, it will be interesting to see how much dosh the Board approve Dan the Man to spend in preparation for next season. Would he really have signed up knowing the budget would be a measly one? We'll have to wait and see, and if it is a bit on the modest side, I hope he can unearth some hitherto undiscovered gold nuggets.:thumbsup:
Anyway, here's hoping for tonight. Personally, I think we will win.:clap:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here